Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Part of Fev’s argument was she started dating him before he was drafted, come on fev he was going to pick up #1 for 12 months before the draft everybody knew that, the trolls are arseholes but thats life in spotlight unfortunately
So he was 17 and she was 20? Reverse the genders and you'd have charges laid. Statutory rape law being what they are.

dont tell me what to do youre not my real dad

7A708672-2976-4615-A5D5-A1CE3BCF0E3B.gif

Anyone who's spoken to players from the 80s and 90s know one other issue was at play back then too. Players lied their arses off to docs in order to keep playing.

It's funny (not haha) listening to them today. I recently heard one guy acknowledging he lied about being concussed (it was pre testing), and he went out and had one of the best games of his career.

Only issue is he can't remember a second of it

Admitted he used to think it was a great story to brag about, but now he worries what price he paid and the implications in coming years

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I’d like to know more about Don Scott’s departure from special comments at Channel 7 during the late 1990s (I think he called his last game in 1997?) …

On the podcast he is part of (with Sam Newman), they have tried to bait him numerous times in the past to spill the story on air and when a certain name (Bruce McAvaney) is mentioned, Don has been very dismissive. There is definitely bad blood there and it sounds like some pretty interesting events went down at the time…

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I’d like to know more about Don Scott’s departure from special comments at Channel 7 during the late 1990s (I think he called his last game in 1997?) …

On the podcast he is part of (with Sam Newman), they have tried to bait him numerous times in the past to spill the story on air and when a certain name (Bruce McAvaney) is mentioned, Don has been very dismissive. There is definitely bad blood there and it sounds like some pretty interesting events went down at the time…
Strangely I only remember Scott doing the reserves telecast with Sandy Roberts.

Which is a good enough reason to replay;

Sadly neither Sandy or Scott on commentary. Sounds like Slug Jordan with ?

Macca18

EFC
Jul 6, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Strangely I only remember Scott doing the reserves telecast with Sandy Roberts.

Yep, he definitely started his special comments career in the reserves in the mid 1980s before getting his chance in the big league around 1989. Was a regular member of the Sportsworld panel and would do one or two games a weekend on special comments, usually with either Sandy Roberts, Peter Landy or Dennis Cometti before gradually getting more games with Bruce around the mid 90s.

His departure barely raised an eyebrow at the time but there is a lot more to the story than we know about and the fact he has been (unsuccessfully) pushed to the tell the story and his big dislike of Bruce. The only clue mentioned was that a “conversation was overheard” and it blew up from there… thought maybe somebody on here could fill in the gaps because Don refuses to.

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nah, can't remember RU. I've lost touch with all that crew too so no longer have the connections to find out.

This Paul Daffey article from 2011 is terrific - answers it all:

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Me, too. They've said a few times that he was busted bagging Bruce off air, because his mic was still live somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBCooper

Draftee
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anybody heard a very different take , personal to an ex Pres on why Treloar is no longer at Collingwood .

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
lol, it's probably just going to be that bullshit damage control rumour that surfaced right after he was traded, where the hero of the story Big Ed looked after Treloars ex that he was cheating on by giving her a job, and that the reason his salary was backloaded was because Treloar requested it so he didn't have to pay as much when they separated or some dumb s**t.

It was some absolute drivel then and it's done the rounds a handful of times since. I'm incredulous anyone ever gave it a second glance let alone thought it had even a speck of truth in it.

lol, it's probably just going to be that bullshit damage control rumour that surfaced right after he was traded, where the hero of the story Big Ed looked after Treloars ex that he was cheating on by giving her a job, and that the reason his salary was backloaded was because Treloar requested it so he didn't have to pay as much when they separated or some dumb sh*t.

It was some absolute drivel then and it's done the rounds a handful of times since. I'm incredulous anyone ever gave it a second glance let alone thought it had even a speck of truth in it.
Lol hahahahahahaha

The only reason treloars salary was back ended was because the pies loaded up their cap

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dont feed the trolls, get back on topic please.

Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust
I have a rumour I wish to post but I heard it from someone I don't particularly trust. Do I post it here or should I start another thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back