Preview Changes vs Hawthorn - Round 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched Simmo’s presser, it doesn’t sound like either Hurn or Barrass will be available.

So...
What I’d do: Foley for Langdon, with Nelson switching to the forward/mid/tagging role he did against Collingwood, Langdon to be the sub

What I expect: No change, O’Neill to sub and also get a trip back to Vic to see his family.

Sigh...this is what annoys me we play well at home and then everyone reckons we are back on track and we are going to win easily...well guess what that's not the case!!

The Jekyll and Hyde of our team atm is so frustrating !!!!

Yes hawthorn got flogged this week so did we last week .. lets put it into perspective people...enjoy the win yes but understand we are a totally different side away

We need consistency hopefully it starts this week

Well If you watch our game against Dogs and also 70% of our game against Saints and also the first quarter against Cats you do realize that we are that much different away from home, media hype, they need a story to keep going. We could have easily won the game against Dogs. Should have 100% iced the game against Saints and apart from a one-off miracle by our superstar team back in 2006, we have historically always capped ourselves against Geelong over there. So in reality results aside the only downside was the margin at Geelong and the manner we lost the game. The Saints game was a little different because the saints just went to beast mode and we just couldn't keep up with them. I am happy with a win today in a way that almost knocks off a 97 point loss with this 10 goal win. It is from now on that I would expect us to win against Hawks, Crows, 50-50 against Giants and Essendon, and probably Carlton at the G as well. If we get on a run like that and start getting players back like Ryan, Shuey, and Yeo then watch out. Had to win today and win big which we did.

Well If you watch our game against Dogs and also 70% of our game against Saints and also the first quarter against Cats you do realize that we are that much different away from home, media hype, they need a story to keep going. We could have easily won the game against Dogs. Should have 100% iced the game against Saints and apart from a one-off miracle by our superstar team back in 2006, we have historically always capped ourselves against Geelong over there. So in reality results aside the only downside was the margin at Geelong and the manner we lost the game. The Saints game was a little different because the saints just went to beast mode and we just couldn't keep up with them. I am happy with a win today in a way that almost knocks off a 97 point loss with this 10 goal win. It is from now on that I would expect us to win against Hawks, Crows, 50-50 against Giants and Essendon, and probably Carlton at the G as well. If we get on a run like that and start getting players back like Ryan, Shuey, and Yeo then watch out. Had to win today and win big which we did.
Against Port, Bulldogs, Freo we played a lot more physical (Freo for some reason let us). We're also physical in the first 25 mins against Geelong.

But Saints - we were in some fantasy land where they let us play bruise free footy and we were smashing them, then they decided to get physical. So for those 3 quarters when it looked like we were playing champagne footy - good teams will dismantle that.

Today we started tentative and then worked into being relatively physical. Early it was bruise free. Derm and Eddie were pretending to fap over it, but it was bruise free footy that good teams would have taken down. As the game went on we got more physical and asserted proper pressure.

I feel we have to play that contested footy style week-in, week out to have any chance to be in a position to compete for the flag.

It’ll be minimal changes if any IMO. Would like to see Cameron in for Langdon simply because he tackles better but not sure he deserves to play if he’s not fit. Langdon didn’t really set the wafl on fire either though, did he ?

In: Hurn, Barrass
Out: Vardy, Cole

Love Cole and it’s stiff as, but someone needs to go out. He was good today, but you can’t not bring in TB. Maybe Witherden goes with Hurn’s return?

Edwards stays in to play tall alongside TB and also cover the ruck in Vardy’s absence.

Vardy was better today, and his ruck work was solid, but still just offers us barely anything around the ground.

Langdon survives by sheer coincidence of there being not many healthy and conditioned backups. In a ideal world we drop him for a healthy and in form backup, but the WAFL side are hardly giving the forwards much chance to show what they have.
Omit Langdon and send Cole forward. Can't be any worse and most certainly would be much better.

It’ll be minimal changes if any IMO. Would like to see Cameron in for Langdon simply because he tackles better but not sure he deserves to play if he’s not fit. Langdon didn’t really set the wafl on fire either though, did he ?
Cameron looked good but I reckon he should string together 3 or 4 more wafl games before we think about bringing him in

No change unless Bunga or TB are ready to come back or there are injuries.
Go out with the same effort and intent as tonight and we beat the Hawks comfortably.

Two were just having friendly banter over your legendary pessimism, the other one you ignored.

We match up on well on the current Hawthorn team. I am far more confident about this one than all other away games so far this year.
EP's been super chilled this year. I've enjoyed it. Reputation precedes him a little, but you're allowed to say I think we might drop this one without it being a big deal. I don't enjoy seeing people whinge endlessly, but if you're actually balancing positives and negatives across your posting and not just crying for the sake of it, it's not like there's a problem with acknowledging we might drop a game.

Kudos ep2018, you do you.

Harsh on Cole as he did quite a few link up plays running to the wing. Agree it is tough though.

Cameron got 3 goals and 7 tackles today, hopefully he can string a few more performances like that together and take Langdon's spot.
Came was good for the Beags today. Probably another 2 to weeks before he is ready.
One of his tackles on the wing was on Henry and he b hit him like a freight trsin

I think we'll lose this unfortunately. Too many injuries and on the road. Hopefully we keep winning our home games up until we get players back, and then finish as high as we can in the top 8.
Please our potato factory forwadline scored 10goals against them with our midfield made with rejected players too.

Eagles if they come switched on bring the pressure, they will smash the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but that's the point, no? We should realistically have won against both WB and Saints but we shat the bed.
Dogs will be in Septemebr, Saints could be around the matter.

The Hawks WONT. Whatever pressure you guys have, you can raise your game with elite blue chip players.

EP's been super chilled this year. I've enjoyed it. Reputation precedes him a little, but you're allowed to say I think we might drop this one without it being a big deal. I don't enjoy seeing people whinge endlessly, but if you're actually balancing positives and negatives across your posting and not just crying for the sake of it, it's not like there's a problem with acknowledging we might drop a game.

Kudos ep2018, you do you.

Typical soft mod.

Thank you for responding civilly when everyone else respond with troll. I feel the team right now with our outs can possibly win this game and I hope so, of course this Hawks team is not the same as years ago, I just feel right now we're in a position where games away from Perth we are very fragile.
This will be a pretty justified stance until we get a decent win away from home, I reckon. Even if we smash the Hawks, there'll be questions asked due to how diabolically bad the Saints and Cats losses were.

Unchanged I reckon, no-one's fit and there's nothing left in the cupboard.

Dogs will be in Septemebr, Saints could be around the matter.

The Hawks WONT. Whatever pressure you guys have, you can raise your game with elite blue chip players.

Thank you for your support friend 😛

On the WCE roller coaster, anything’s possible next week 🤷‍♂️ I’d be happy with a scratchy 2-3 goal win TBH!

Whatever the changes next week, there will be some unlucky players if we ever have a full squad to choose from. Seven automatic selections in McGovern, Barrass, Hurn, Shuey, Yeo, Ryan and Rioli - and we surely didn't have seven players on the field today who deserve to be dropped.

Whatever the changes next week, there will be some unlucky players if we ever have a full squad to choose from. Seven automatic selections in McGovern, Barrass, Hurn, Shuey, Yeo, Ryan and Rioli - and we surely didn't have seven players on the field today who deserve to be dropped.
lucky then none of those will be available next week

All the negatives of our patchy start to the season has actually borne a positive that seems to have come to fruition in the Freo game - the emergence of depth and younger players!
We've been frustrated with our lack of depth to draw on, but there it was developing under our noses all the while...? Hard not to get excited with our teams depth after the bye, while we don't have much more to draw on presently.

Sort of patching this team together week by week on the fly!
Have to break this away hoodoo - Hawks game is as good as any.
Groundhog day again if we lose this one.

Cameron in for Langdon as soon as humanly possible.
Not sure AhChee is up to speed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back