Not open for further replies.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Anyone heard much about Luke Ryan's calf? Are we thinking one week only?

Fremantle play the final game next week, which will make planning around team announcements difficult.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
After Fremantle’s backline was stretched to the limit in a 59-point RAC Derby loss on Sunday at Optus Stadium, senior coach Justin Longmuir has his fingers crossed star back Luke Ryan will be fit to face Brisbane in a week.

Fellow defenders Heath Chapman and Ethan Hughes are also in doubt after hurting their shoulders during the clash.

“(Ryan) will be touch and go, so we’ll just see how it plays out,” Longmuir said.

“Fingers crossed he comes back but it will be touch and go.

“We think (Heath) will be alright. Clearly, he’ll be sore early in the week. He’s a competitor, and he’s a tough bugger.

“I am proud of the way he fought it out after copping such a big hit. Fingers crossed that we can get him up for next week.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
After Fremantle’s backline was stretched to the limit in a 59-point RAC Derby loss on Sunday at Optus Stadium, senior coach Justin Longmuir has his fingers crossed star back Luke Ryan will be fit to face Brisbane in a week.

Fellow defenders Heath Chapman and Ethan Hughes are also in doubt after hurting their shoulders during the clash.

“(Ryan) will be touch and go, so we’ll just see how it plays out,” Longmuir said.

“Fingers crossed he comes back but it will be touch and go.

“We think (Heath) will be alright. Clearly, he’ll be sore early in the week. He’s a competitor, and he’s a tough bugger.

“I am proud of the way he fought it out after copping such a big hit. Fingers crossed that we can get him up for next week.

Chappy still gone for me whether he gets up or not.

Cotchin ruled out for "medium term".
Lambert and Prestia also "medium term", but no actual update in the article.
RCD should be safe for a few weeks at least.

Reckon Mansell would of held his spot regardless, but Grimes missing a week might help him eek out a bit more cash.

Butters and Jones still 3 to 4 weeks away according to the latest injury report
giphy.gif

No mention of Anthony Scott in the Dogs injury report. Copped a hit late in the game and didn't come back in, but he must be fine.

He didn't get much of the ball, but his pressure was good if I remember correctly. West and JJ were useless, so they should be dropped before Scott.

Dogs play on Sunday so we won't know until Saturday night, but you would assume he'll play, unless he's "managed".

I might need him on field...

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
No mention of Anthony Scott in the Dogs injury report. Copped a hit late in the game and didn't come back in, but he must be fine.

He didn't get much of the ball, but his pressure was good if I remember correctly. West and JJ were useless, so they should be dropped before Scott.

Dogs play on Sunday so we won't know until Saturday night, but you would assume he'll play, unless he's "managed".

I might need him on field...

I reckon Brockman will play this week so if Scott is an unexpected out when Sunday teamsheets drop, then Kent takes his place on-field.

A test for the VFL, bloody joke
Not taking Bergman over him still haunts me
You can't do much about injuries, but picking the right rookies on form, output & JS is so important

So this week, is Frederick better than Murphy?

You can't do much about injuries, but picking the right rookies on form, output & JS is so important

So this week, is Frederick better than Murphy?
Jones and Butters still a month away. Bergman playing half forward/wing. Hartlett in bad form. Houston getting midfield time.
I think Frederick's JS is good

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Jones and Butters still a month away. Bergman playing half forward/wing. Hartlett in bad form. Houston getting midfield time.
I think Frederick's JS is good
I think Waterman will get back in.

I still can't believe they dropped him after that game in Brisbane. He wasn't anywhere near their worst player in terrible conditions.

Luke Ryan will miss again with calf soreness.

How does GAGF campaigner sound?

FFS! Got him two weeks ago. Worst trade this year. Broke my rule of never trading in players from my team. Double cursed Every time. It always kills me. Even the rookie dead as well.😡😡😡😡😡😡

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Waterman will get back in.

I still can't believe they dropped him after that game in Brisbane. He wasn't anywhere near their worst player in terrible conditions.
We wanted to run two rucks against Collingwood and somebody had to come out for Phillips.

It sucks but he'll definitely be back at some point.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back