The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well I checked out this season already

COVID has really widen the gap further between the oil clubs and the rest tbh, the difference will tell more and more the next few years when normal clubs have to shoulder the COVID losses while the country funded clubs don't

Jurgen winning a league and European Cup during this time is a miracle tbh, but may be one of the last for a while, the difference in finance eventually makes the difference

Yep, Jurg winning a CL and a league title with his transfer record is an incredible achievement.

Unfortunately pandemic losses aren't going to really hurt the oil clubs while they will seriously stifle our club massively.

Yeah every time we get a corner, I barely bother to watch. I know we aint scoring. Kabak is about as dangerous as my nan in the air.
Conversely when we concede a corner, I'm shitting bricks as i turn my head away fearing the almost inevitable headed goal.😩
Sort of back to pre Virgil days.

Naby is basically a lost cause, but maybe it's worth giving him another chance next season.

I would rather splash the money on a top forward and two CBs than spending it on another midfielder tbh, particularly with limited funds
We still need another mid as well. Gini will leave for free. Keita, Ox and Grujic need to go.

We still need another mid as well. Gini will leave for free. Keita, Ox and Grujic need to go.

Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago, Naby, Milner, Jones, I think the depth is fine

I'd rather we spend the money buying a top class forward or top defender, guys who scores goals and guys who stops goals.

We bought Thiago, one of the top midfielders in the world, and are about to finish outside top 4.

Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago, Naby, Milner, Jones, I think the depth is fine

I'd rather we spend the money buying a top class forward or top defender, guys who scores goals and guys who stops goals.

We bought Thiago, one of the top midfielders in the world, and are about to finish outside top 4.
Selling Matip (and Ben Davies) could cover a fair chunk of a CB signing.

Selling Origi and Wilson (and maybe Shaq) could cover a decent backup striker signing.

For a "top" forward, I think Mane would have to be shopped around.

Selling Matip (and Ben Davies) could cover a fair chunk of a CB signing.

Selling Origi and Wilson (and maybe Shaq) could cover a decent backup striker signing.

For a "top" forward, I think Mane would have to be shopped around.

We might've ripped clubs off before COVID, making them pay crazy money for our trash, but I don't think we can do that anymore during the pandemic

I doubt we get much out of much of our deadwood

If we are buying a midfielder then the only one I want is Bissouma, don't think that Neuhaus lad suits the premier league

Last edited:
We might've ripped clubs off before COVID, making them pay crazy money for our trash, but I don't think we can do that anymore during the pandemic

I doubt we get much out of much of our deadwood

If we are buying a midfielder then the only one I want is Bissouma, don't think that Neuhaus lad suits the premier league

Agree on Bissouma. Ideal Gini replacement.

We'll still get decent coin for Matip who is a class and under contract until 2024 albeit injury prone.

Origi and Shaq are probably only going to recoup 10-15m each now. Grujc & Wilson are young players in demand, should also get decent coin for them. Just not 20m + like we would have expected in the past.

It's a big problem, Virgil is our biggest scorer outside of the front 3
Yeah I read he's actually 4th amongst all goal scorers for the club since arriving. That's either an indictment on the rest of the team outside of the big three or it's a glowing endorsement on how good VVD is. It's probably a bit of both.

The weird thing about that stat is that it suggest that Fabinho is a terrible centre back when in reality he's very, very good at CB.

It's just when you take him out of midfield, we suffer badly and lose control of games and hence concede and lose games.

I see no reason really to sell Matip, I dont think we'd a ton of money for him and when he plays he is bloody good. What we do need is better alternatives to cover his injuries which we know will come. Hence Konate. I dont think we should make Kabak permanent though so I'd like another CB to give us VVD, Gomez, Matip, Konate and one more.

Midfield is an interesting one. Gini is off and he has played SO many games for us throughout his Liverpool career so you would think he would need replacing. Having said that I think we absolutely need a CB and a striker before a Gini replacement.

Hendo, Fab and Thiago are excellent, Jones up and coming and Keita is top class if he can ever get a run at it. Poor bloke. Milner is reliable but old. It's gonna be an interesting summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think the game will be play tonight, there are heaps of rubbish in the stadium now, it will take hours to clean up.

Bizarre time to be a supporter of English football.

Not to mention the ramifications of this on our chances at finishing inside the top four.

Bizarre time to be a supporter of English football.

Not to mention the ramifications of this on our chances at finishing inside the top four.

This season is such a joke being so heavily compromised. Crowds wont be fully back until next year so personally not too bothered about missing European football for one season.

Now you have a postponed game for todays shenanigans.

I actually didn't even realise we were playing Utd, something I wouldnt do normally even when were shite.

Yes he is, all of two games per century before he gets injured inhaling oxygen

Joel needs a less physically demanding league. A class player but its time for him to go. Availability is one of the most important abilities and he just csnt get himself on the pitch when needed.

Conversely when we concede a corner, I'm shitting bricks as i turn my head away fearing the almost inevitable headed goal.😩
Sort of back to pre Virgil days.

i remember dark times when without gerrard we had no one to take corners. When we got one it'd never get past the first defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back