Review Dees v Norf and the Ghost of 1965 - the Good, Bad and Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have posted before I went to bed. Things are never as clear the morning after a boozy viewing. In a perfect world that would mean a rewatch at some point, but I don’t think I can sit through that first half again.

What stood out to me was the fairly obvious stuff: kozzy’s electric play. Luke’s composure- amazing how calm he is in what seem to me to be very chaotic moments. If Bailey can kick like that we’ll be tough to beat.

Thought brown was useless. His marking attempts reminded me of Tmac the last few years. Speaking of Tmac, he looked good down back, but hate to lose him from the forward line. Maybe petty is worth a look, to see if he can play the Tomlinson role. Lord knows I didn’t think Tomlinson was any good before he was put back there so maybe we’ll be surprised again.

Maxy took a week off after all. Go figure.

Should have posted before I went to bed. Things are never as clear the morning after a boozy viewing. In a perfect world that would mean a rewatch at some point, but I don’t think I can sit through that first half again.

What stood out to me was the fairly obvious stuff: kozzy’s electric play. Luke’s composure- amazing how calm he is in what seem to me to be very chaotic moments. If Bailey can kick like that we’ll be tough to beat.

Thought brown was useless. His marking attempts reminded me of Tmac the last few years. Speaking of Tmac, he looked good down back, but hate to lose him from the forward line. Maybe petty is worth a look, to see if he can play the Tomlinson role. Lord knows I didn’t think Tomlinson was any good before he was put back there so maybe we’ll be surprised again.

Maxy took a week off after all. Go figure.
Dude, never doubt your ability to understand what's going on out on the field. I do enjoy your perspective .

Dude, never doubt your ability to understand what's going on out on the field. I do enjoy your perspective .

Much appreciated mate. I generally say whatever I think, even if it comes from a rookie’s perspective. I’m sure it leads to some eye rolling at times (“this stupid yank has no idea wtf he’s talking about!!”), but that’s okay with me.

Can't be understated how good Chandler is as the medical sub, we never get injured when he's in that role for us.

Jones is ******* terrible. 😠 Strike 1 cocko.

Much appreciated mate. I generally say whatever I think, even if it comes from a rookie’s perspective. I’m sure it leads to some eye rolling at times (“this stupid yank has no idea wtf he’s talking about!!”), but that’s okay with me.

Oh nobody says that about you as far as you know.

(I've always wanted to use that Chevy Chase line 😂)

“Pool and a pond.... pond would be good for you.”

I somehow find a lot of ways to quote that.

So many great quotes , smails has some great ones too. "You'll get nothing and like it " easily my most used. Followed by whenever I go fishing with a mate "spalding get your foot off the boat"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker was probably okay in the end but remember he shouldn't have been in the side in the first place. On that I hope I'm wrong but I wonder if Viney pulling out had an effect on our slow start. I wonder if he's there we aren't so lazy or lacking intensity?
No i don't think so , if anything the loss of Tomlinson was partly responsible , but we looked not switched on at all and North played well up until half time . Would not be surprised if some home truths were thrown at the team at half time because we looked more switched on after the main break.
From now until the finals we are going to be the hunted team , will be interesting to see how we cope .

It just dawned on me how fantastic it is to be angry at wins. 😂👍
I know, person I was with was like they won by alot what's the matter and I was like I don't even know honestly 🤣 I would have killed to have a s**t 30 point win most of my adult life.

I really question why we would have Jones as the medical sub. Did they think he was just going there for sight seeing ?
I know, person I was with was like they won by alot what's the matter and I was like I don't even know honestly 🤣 I would have killed to have a sh*t 30 point win most of my adult life.
Really you watched the first half and wondered why posters were angry ? I wasn't angry we were losing , i was angry at why , and your lab confirms why.

I really question why we would have Jones as the medical sub. Did they think he was just going there for sight seeing ?

Really you watched the first half and wondered why posters were angry ? I wasn't angry we were losing , i was angry at why , and your lab confirms why.

Me and TK are more referring to how many games worse than that weve sat through and been happy with effort despite losing.

I much prefer this outcome

Baker was probably okay in the end but remember he shouldn't have been in the side in the first place.

Kade must have shat in Goody's mail box, mind boggling to think Baker gets a game ahead of him.

I don't know what you guys saw on TV, but I was at the game and let me tell you, Jones was important. He worked hard, he got himself in good positions and made it harder for North to move the ball. Jones had a steadying influence on the game when we needed it. I can't fault the way he cracked in. Again, maybe it didn't look that way on TV, but sometimes it doesn't tell the whole story.

I was kind of thinking about our form and we haven’t been at our best yet we are 7-0. I think this is why opposition supporters are sceptical, we took a half to overcome North, 3 quarters to get the job over hawthorn ect. However I think our best has been very impressive and to be honest I would rather be in our position now rather than 2018 where we probably flog North by 100 and be nowhere near the best like Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back