Autopsy Rd 7 Blues beat Bombers in Epic Encounter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was rucking for us with the mule kick out of centre for Crippas goal?
Stoked with that.
Stoked with Stockers little palm off in the forward.
Well done Eddie B. I think he's getting games because he is doing whats asked of him, there has to be added value for the likes of H and Owies. Imagine playing as a rookie and you can get a few words from someone who has seen it all, and it looks like H's lanes have cleared out so he can get a run at it.
700 plus comments already fanatical

Agree with the eddie comments, makes sense to play him with a younger fwd playing along side of him (as long as his form is good as well - which it was yesterday). Angst is against eddie and Murphy because both of them are/were playing s**t footy and they werent giving others a go to see what they have to offer. Lets hope they keep Murphy out but you know they wont.

When ready, TDK replaces Pitto

Just can't have a non jumping ruckman/non threatening resting forward in the modern

I prefer pitto to Cas. We have some work to do on our stoppages; I thought gibbons and Cunningham roved him well. He needs to work on aspects of his game but he is still 24 years old.

Sps’ mark in the backline last quarter was a beauty.Showed maturity.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was superb. Its a moment when you see that playing him in the backline has its benefits as he has learned some defensive aspects to his game - its the right time (and probbably a year ago) to release him fwd

Don't think he gets dropped

Pressure, tackles and won a lot of contested ball

Agree with this, he may go later as some of our players return but now isn't the time, particularly with the two games we have coming, doesn't stop trying.

Having said that I think yesterday was the first game in some time that I would say ALL of our players tried their insides out. Very pleasing.

Special mention of Cuningham, I've not been a great fan but yesterday I thought, not only were his skills on show, there was increased endeavour in his whole game. More of the same please and I'll be right on board.

I prefer pitto to Cas. We have some work to do on our stoppages; I thought gibbons and Cunningham roved him well. He needs to work on aspects of his game but he is still 24 years old.

Casboult needs a month off to get his knee right and get fit. When TDK comes back, give Levi a month off, TDK as CHF in that month backing up Pitto. Then i would go with TDK and Casboult as backup when Levi is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a lot to do with not having an A grade Ruckman Geth.
Need one in the mid season draft to help hte returning TDK
There have been plenty of midfields without an A grade ruck that have done pretty well out of the middle, and in any case I don't want an A grade ruckman. It isn't doing Collingwood any favours, and Melbourne only started to click when they realized the rest of the midfield needed to play to the level of Gawn.

We need Cripps to work his way into some form, because if he's not the clearance player he was we need to rejig our setups through those centre stoppages.

Special mention of Cuningham, I've not been a great fan but yesterday I thought, not only were his skills on show, there was increased endeavour in his whole game. More of the same please and I'll be right on board.

Yep, spot on. I am a fan and cant believe he wasnt in the side in practice matches and round 1 onwards. But he was definitely harder yesterday (and last week) in the contest and entered the packs at pace and exited the other side with the ball and with pace. Makes such a difference to our side someone with that capability. And finished off his good work with 2 goals (which i think will be a trend if he is the player i think he could be). It might be another pre-season and confidence in the body but was great to see some AFL standard attack on the ball. Maybe credit to teague who made him hungry by not being played.

Agree with this, he may go later as some of our players return but now isn't the time, particularly with the two games we have coming, doesn't stop trying.

Having said that I think yesterday was the first game in some time that I would say ALL of our players tried their insides out. Very pleasing.

Think the penny is starting to drop for Cunner and the MC, play him around the pill

Still believe he needs to track a natural ball winner to take him constantly to the ball, then use his burst and power

Think the penny is starting to drop for Cunner and the MC, play him around the pill

Still believe he needs to track a natural ball winner to take him constantly to the ball, then use his burst and power

Yeah looking at yesterdays game, clear change in cuners attack on the ball compared to previous years. As you say, maybe the penny has finally dropped for him.

Doesnt mean he wont have quiet/bad games but ffs, we need to just play him and rotate HFF/Mid. So dangerous around goals as well.

Newman was the standout in my eyes missed one target for the whole game
Head and shoulders above any one else out there if he pulls up fine he's in, in my eyes.

Bloke has played one game on managed minutes in over 12 months and you want him back in? Needs another 2 games minimum before considered. Plus not a position we are screaming out for replacements. Stocker was good yesterday

Would you believe Cas, (who is struggling with a knee and poor form) has actually won more hitouts to advantage this year, as a percentage?

Pitto has only taken 10 marks this year, none yesterday. For an around the ground ruckman, that can't jump or be a threat forward is poor

Only way Pitto goes to the next level is to become way more aggressive

This is why i have been critical of list management, we should have had a replacement for Levi, at least 4 years ago and a replacement coming through for Jones

The only cover we have down the spine was an after thought in Omac

Last edited:
Back