Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First Comben lost his mum and now LDU has lost his dad. :'(

So sad. Imagine being Todd Marshall. Absolutely horrific.

As has been said, take all the time you need, LDU.

Much respect, to these young players. I sometimes forget, that you're human.

North Melbourne loves you. We love you.

Quietest and respectful kid, loves a surf and just kicking back. Much love and sympathies mate, how you even continued to play is beyond me, you're a ripper mate.

20210503_122700.jpg

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
terrible circumstances

hope the naysayers get that there’s a mental side to the game every day. Hopefully the heavy cross he’s been carrying can be lifted and we see some explosive footy dedicated to his old boy

First, really tough for LDU and I pray that he and his family are getting the comfort they need I this terrible time.

Regarding the "naysayers", I have been critical of his performance and I will not take that back as being my reflection on his individual performance. Just like an injury that is not disclosed but found out later, if there is a circumstance that is a reason for poor performance the it will be reflected in the change of form later on.

Having lost my own Dad at the end of a long illness last year, I will say that while it is desperately sad when the time finally comes, it's not a shock. Luke and family will have been preparing for this, both emotionally and practically, and they would be taking this time to just be there for one another. Heart goes out to Luke and the family, losing a loved one in their prime.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Having lost my own Dad at the end of a long illness last year, I will say that while it is desperately sad when the time finally comes, it's not a shock. Luke and family will have been preparing for this, both emotionally and practically, and they would be taking this time to just be there for one another. Heart goes out to Luke and the family, losing a loved one in their prime.

Sorry to hear about your father mate.

Condolences Rob.

(And yeah I very much agree.)

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a heavy heart Luke must have been carrying while trying to play this year knowing his dad was so ill. This sucks. :thumbsdown:
It can be mentally draining to see a family member succumb to an illness like cancer. Especially the last few months. I wouldn’t blame him if footy has taken a back seat this year.

Sorry to hear that mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back