Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Has Kelly been terrible and disinterested like Hill?

I would suggest Hill wouldnt play with a broken hand on the mend.
Kelly has played like he was disinterested and terrible at times last year and this year. Hill has also had good games like he did last night

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
ROYAL EAGLE After watching Jye Amiss yesterday, He is alot bigger then he looks at 195cm and 84kg

If he keeps up his form he may be worth a second rounder. Definitely has a lot to work with and is consistent.
We generally don't need a another forward but if he lasts untilthe later rounds he could be someone we look at who has alot of upside

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks to everyone for their analysis on the up and comers and potential trade targets. As far as contracts go, just let JK play for as long as he wants even if he wants to be a part timer. Been so important (and still is) to our side and forward structure. What a star, is almost the same age as Buddy who seems to have been injured for years.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Would love it to happen as Bolton has Brad Hill vibes imo.
Bolton won more clearances on the weekend than hill would win in a season . Apart from being indigenous and having silky kicking skills they are nothing alike IMO

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't get why Bolton would want to get to Freo. Thought he was an Eagles supporter before being drafted.
Only reason I can think of is if he thinks we won't have as much currency as them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Friday night game he was superb Obeanie , matchwinner against the Dogs , Bolton heading for a big pay day .

I was very surprised at the freedom he was given by bulldogs defenders
Bolton won more clearances on the weekend than hill would win in a season . Apart from being indigenous and having silky kicking skills they are nothing alike IMO

Bolton wouldn’t walk as tall playing at Freo, if he wants to be a tough guy .. It’s fine at Tigerland as they are pretty hard at it ..

Chad in Vegas

All Australian
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't get why Bolton would want to get to Freo. Thought he was an Eagles supporter before being drafted.
Only reason I can think of is if he thinks we won't have as much currency as them.
It would be largely $ based only for Bolton if he did go. He will already retire a premiership player and has a chance for a big pay day at another club if he wants it. There is also a fair likelihood that Freo's young list is playing finals for an extended period over the next couple of years.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
It would be largely $ based only for Bolton if he did go. He will already retire a premiership player and has a chance for a big pay day at another club if he wants it. There is also a fair likelihood that Freo's young list is playing finals for an extended period over the next couple of years.
Not if the don't get their key position stocks sorted and Fyfe mundy and walters probably their 3 best players and are getting old

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Regan at this stage is a half forward mate. Unsure whether he has the scope to play mid Monocle or AsterixTheGaul might be able to clear that up for us
With the COVID issues so far this year, I have not yet seen East Perth Colts play so I will refrain from dipping my oar in yet. First window to view will be R8 so hopefully we have normal life still and it should give me a chance.

ROYAL EAGLE - you get to see EP more. Any views?

Zurgblade

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Humphries, Soka and Berry our academy boys were named BOG for their respective clubs over the weekend.

Snippet from the West.

East Perth 13.5 (83) d Swan Districts 7.7 (49)
The cream rose to the top for East Perth with key forward Jye Amiss and fellow draft fancy Kade Dittmar starring in a 34-point win over Swan Districts at Leederville Oval.

The Royals have taken their season ledger to 3-1 after claiming the top-of-the-table clash with Amiss booting four goals and Dittmar dominating in the midfield.

Dittmar, who missed the entire 2020 season with a back issue, had 28 possessions, 10 tackles and seven inside 50s.

The Augusta-Margaret River product continues to build each week to press his claim for an AFL berth in this year’s draft, averaging 21.5 touches, five tackles and kicking eight majors.

James Tunstill (24 disposals and five marks), Jake Littleton (23 disposals, eight marks and a goal), Sokaa Soka, Jason Kissack and Riley May were also among the stand-outs.

For Swan Districts, Luke Taylor - the younger brother of GWS Giants defender Sam Taylor - was prominent up forward with three goals and six marks, West Coast Next Generation Academy talent Lawson Humphries stood tall in defence and running machine Max Chipper found plenty of it in the midfield.

The Swans were missing several key players with PSA duties for Guildford Grammar including Rhett Bazzo, Lyle Sibosado and Bailey Jenkin.

West Perth 11.10 (76) d Claremont 7.11 (53)
Lochie Paton continued his blistering start to the season with a best-afield performance in West Perth’s 23-point win over last year’s grand finalists Claremont.

Paton is emerging as an exciting midfield prospect and seemingly keeps getting better by the week.

He racked up 27 possessions, took nine marks and drove the ball so well inside attack.

Silky-skilled speedster Jordan Berry was another big performer with 21 touches and 10 marks, Zac Fleiner (26) provided his usual rebound from defence and Zarne Robis (four goals) was the best forward on the ground.

It was an intriguing ruck battle between West Perth’s Liam McWha and Claremont’s Dylan Mulligan, with both players having an impact.

The Tigers were forced to make double-figure changes with several first-choice players out of action due to PSA footy including forward Luke Brown, defender Hugh Davies, midfielders Angus Sheldrick, Lewis Crump and outside runner Conrad Williams.

Kendyll Blurton (24 touches and six inside 50s), the son of ex-West Coast and Richmond player Ash, and Talon Delacey (27, five and five tackles) did their bit in the midfield.

Peter Coles booted three goals and livewire Jahmal Stretch had an almost day with 2.3.

Last edited:

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
TBF Freo are slowly building into a finals side again. He'd be huge if they can get him and keep cerra. I think Injuries to KPP's have really let them down as well.

Midfield of Fyfe, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw and Boltonis quite dangerous and their defence and forwardline without injuries is quite solid.

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
TBF Freo are slowly building into a finals side again. He'd be huge if they can get him and keep cerra. I think Injuries to KPP's have really let them down as well.

Midfield of Fyfe, Cerra, Serong, Brayshaw and Boltonis quite dangerous and their defence and forwardline without injuries is quite solid.

The A5=ep2018?

Sep 30, 2012
The suburbs
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, Ferrari, Minardi
What are people's thoughts on Hutchings? Does he have any value being retained on the list until the end of the year? Or should we ask him to retire gracefully in front of a home crowd and then get ourselves a mid-season draft pick? He's been a great servant to the club but is injury prone and probably behind XON, Nelson and Ainsworth. Ledwards, Winder and Trew are all improving. Is his time up?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
What are people's thoughts on Hutchings? Does he have any value being retained on the list until the end of the year? Or should we ask him to retire gracefully in front of a Subiaco crowd and then get ourselves a mid-season draft pick? He's been a great servant to the club but is injury prone and probably behind XON, Nelson and Ainsworth. Ledwards, Winder and Trew are all improving. Is his time up?

If he was a 100% fit he is a worthy backup. Since 2019 he has kept breaking down so you would rather get games into those players you have listed. Nelson has been a decent tagging option too.

I would def be pushing but i can see the club letting him make his own call till the end of 2021...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back