Analysis TK'S LAB ( AKA the bore room ) 🌈

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw it a lot yesterday, ye olde Melbourne‘ returned, sucked up to the ball ,not paying enough respect to their direct opponents. Everyone chasing a kick. Everyone running forward of the ball and being caught out.

Don't know how many times North got an easy handball over the top to a teammate too on the counter attack, was infruiating watching three of our blokes running at the ball carrier. I guess they suspect Lever is back there to bail them out so whatevs. 🤷🙂

Everyone trying to get up the ground and get goals. Players looking to boost their own stats against a lower opposition getting caught out

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Clayton Oliver here being lazy.
Standing next to Turner right of screen not making himself an option

Screenshot_20210502-100208~2.png

Ends up in the contest after Brayshaw fumbles
Turner right there with him

Screenshot_20210502-100227.png

Turner sprints forward to be apart of the play, too hard for old Charlie Olives

Screenshot_20210502-100245~2.png

After I saw these 3 efforts in the space of a quarter and a half I thought we were done for sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-100245.png
    Screenshot_20210502-100245.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 17

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was glaringly obvious that we paid them no respect early on. Their second goal I think came from a boundary throw in. I reckon we got sucked in leaving a north player free out the back. I'm glad we fixed these issues in the second half the Melbourne of years gone by we see this early 'we are not on' (aka being lazy s**t ) you know it's going to be a long afternoon.

This one's the worst by far, so much of it is poor play, poor set up and poor execution

I've highlighted Jordan In this passage but there's 4 of them, Jordans just the laziest.
All our players defensive side of the contest, ditto for theirs. Jordan with the dot

View attachment 1117576

North win the ball, Pickett and Oliver gone past Jordan who's literally standing still.

View attachment 1117577

North have it now defensive side. Jordan still hasn't ******* moved yet. Not only that but we have 4 wingers unoposed. So not only are our inside mids being lazy but we are also banking on winning easily in the contest by keeping our width. The inside mids were lazy af today so north had extra at the contest.

View attachment 1117578

There's the 4 wings, plus Jordan still standing still.

View attachment 1117579

North kick it forward to 3 blokes alone. Just sh*t footy all round.

View attachment 1117580
Lay off Jordon, he does no wrong. Not his fault

Jordan could pull me out of a burning building and I'd have no idea who he is
I bet he actually rescues people from burning buildings all the time, he's just that sort of bloke.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I bet he actually rescues people from burning buildings all the time, he's just that sort of bloke.
This is true. Sometimes he makes an appearance when I light the BBQ, just in case

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
The lab is back? Seems like I have some good midweek footy content to go through.

I’ll message my feedback directly to the Canadian for any changes he might want to consider.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Good example and reckon there are a few others very similar in the lead up to some of their goals. Work rate was terrible. Clarry gave himself a week off yesterday and we might have missed Viney cracking in who we’ve maybe under appreciated this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good example and reckon there are a few others very similar in the lead up to some of their goals. Work rate was terrible. Clarry gave himself a week off yesterday and we might have missed Viney cracking in who we’ve maybe under appreciated this year.
Yeah Viney does a lot to set the tone with his beserk approach at the footy/oppo. Missed that in the first half yesterday.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is TK's LAB taking requests?

I feel like we're losing a lot of centre bounces where we're all running the same way, expecting Gawn to drop it down someone's throat. He's getting his hand on it, but it's either slightly misdirected or the mid is fumbling. We're all then past the ball and the oppo has 2 or 3 players picking up the loose ball and strolling out of the circle.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Is TK's LAB taking requests?

I feel like we're losing a lot of centre bounces where we're all running the same way, expecting Gawn to drop it down someone's throat. He's getting his hand on it, but it's either slightly misdirected or the mid is fumbling. We're all then past the ball and the oppo has 2 or 3 players picking up the loose ball and strolling out of the circle.

Any quarter specifically
There was 30 off centre bounced

one of the best Seinfeld scenes

Jon Favreau is the clown too

Yea the clown was great, the whole Bozo conversation 😂 "You're hung up on a clown from the 60s man"

Back