Trades Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to go

Jaith to Fred
Goulden to Telly
150k - Banked

Trading Jaith is the only way to get Fred in, happy to cash him out that last defender spot is saved for Whitfield once he bottoms out in a few weeks.

Really like Telly for M9 at 460k will avarge at worst 95 the rest of the way and has a great run of games to his bye HAW, ADE, GWS, ESS, and CAR.

Leaves the team looking like this

View attachment 1117612

View attachment 1117614
Forward line is the shits but going to wait for Butters and Danger.

Not sure Frederick is a must have at the expense of Jiath. If Highmore isn't picked I'd rather sideways him to Frederick.

I had Cripps all last year including his 26 in the last round.....so I feel your pain.

For what it's worth I agree with holding him. With under performing premo's you either swap them before they lose value or hold until the last upgrade. Kent's who keep swapping premo's won't finish their team's.

I had a similar disagreement with a few coaches last year when I argued for keeping Devon Smith whilst he was going through a lean patch and averaging in the mid 70s and most people (on here at least) had traded him out. Some even argued that Riccardi (remember him?) who scored 82 & 94 from his first 2 games would keep scoring at that level and would make a better F6 than Dev (who actually had a 90+ season scoring history to his name) as a justification to trade him out. To no surprise to me after that Riccardo went to to score 68, 28, DNP & 76 over the last month for those who burnt all their trades and were stuck with a rookie doing rookie things at F6 whilst Dev finished the season strong with a 96ppg average over the last 4 (98, 80, 120, 84) and was actually one of the top few forward scorers at the business end. 85 season average whilst normally not what we consider a fwd keeper was still good enough to finish Top12 fwd for total points and from only 16 games. Who knows, Cripps could end up as my M9 only to make his way back on-field during SC finals after I cop some injuries and he finishes with a few good scores. It's exactly the kind of non-trade that's held me in good stead in the past.

I had a similar disagreement with a few coaches last year when I argued for keeping Devon Smith whilst he was going through a lean patch and averaging in the mid 70s and most people (on here at least) had traded him out. Some even argued that Riccardi (remember him?) who scored 82 & 94 from his first 2 games would keep scoring at that level and would make a better F6 than Dev (who actually had a 90+ season scoring history to his name) as a justification to trade him out. To no surprise to me after that Riccardo went to to score 68, 28, DNP & 76 over the last month for those who burnt all their trades and were stuck with a rookie doing rookie things at F6 whilst Dev finished the season strong with a 96ppg average over the last 4 (98, 80, 120, 84) and was actually one of the top few forward scorers at the business end. 85 season average whilst normally not what we consider a fwd keeper was still good enough to finish Top12 fwd for total points and from only 16 games. Who knows, Cripps could end up as my M9 only to make his way back on-field during SC finals after I cop some injuries and he finishes with a few good scores. It's exactly the kind of non-trade that's held me in good stead in the past.

The rookie lotto is that bad this year I think you save as many trades as you can for getting them off the field. I'm sticking with Duggan for the same reasons. I was willing to do it with Degoey but he just got to the point he wasn't outscoring rookies lol.

The rookie lotto is that bad this year I think you save as many trades as you can for getting them off the field. I'm sticking with Duggan for the same reasons. I was willing to do it with Degoey but he just got to the point he wasn't outscoring rookies lol.

You'll no doubt be rewarded for your loyalty with a 100+ point average from Duggan during SC Finals. I've seen it happen so often when a bloke who everybody rage traded ages ago comes good at the business end and everyone's cursing him for not doing that while they had him.

Agree with this. I started with Cripps and I've stuck with him. He's been crap, but there's still every chance he pops out a few tons. You know he's playing, and will at least score SOMETHING. So whilst he was clearly a mistake, he's also not the biggest issue in my squad.

I think those coaches that get too focused on Breakevens and the stock-market side of things often fall away badly at the tail-end of the year when carnage arrives and the trade bank is empty. By that time the "Round xx Trade" threads are quiet, and those with some tucked away start leaping up the rankings.

But then again, there's tons of ways to play this game, so some early, decisive moves may well be the good way to go, too. I'm a natural coward so play conservative, try to stay around the mark early whilst banking trades. Usually works out OK. I have missed the flavour of the month surging stars, though, like Tex, Impey, Jiath, etc.

Agree with this. I started with Cripps and I've stuck with him. He's been crap, but there's still every chance he pops out a few tons. You know he's playing, and will at least score SOMETHING. So whilst he was clearly a mistake, he's also not the biggest issue in my squad.

I think those coaches that get too focused on Breakevens and the stock-market side of things often fall away badly at the tail-end of the year when carnage arrives and the trade bank is empty. By that time the "Round xx Trade" threads are quiet, and those with some tucked away start leaping up the rankings.

But then again, there's tons of ways to play this game, so some early, decisive moves may well be the good way to go, too. I'm a natural coward so play conservative, try to stay around the mark early whilst banking trades. Usually works out OK. I have missed the flavour of the month surging stars, though, like Tex, Impey, Jiath, etc.

I missed all the flavour of the month guys too and stuck with my structure of 8 rookies on-field whilst building a bank and it hadn't hurt me ranking wise right up until the slide yesterday which had nothing to do with those breakout guys anyway, as all 3 (Tex, Jiath, Impey) scored like rookies in Rd7.

From Rd9 I'll be left with 3-4 of my best scoring on-field rookies and a reasonable amount of trades left to maneuver my way up the rankings through the bye period where I might use 1-2 of those saved trades on a strategic sideways or two.

You'll no doubt be rewarded for your loyalty with a 100+ point average from Duggan during SC Finals. I've seen it happen so often when a bloke who everybody rage traded ages ago comes good at the business end and everyone's cursing him for not doing that while they had him.
Had to virtually break my own fingers not to rage Helmet early on 😇

So your gonna trade out a bloke averaging 91 for another bloke averaging 91 but the one you’re bringing in is actually 30k more?

I know you said it’s the only way to get Fred in but it just seems like the biggest sideways i’ve ever seen and a massive waste imo. If your structure doesn’t allow for Fred then maybe consider passing on him and worrying about the fwd line?

I wouldn’t worry about M9 just yet when there’s 6-7 on field positions to fill. If you’re really set on getting Fred in maybe look at getting a SP in the mids averaging 110+
I don't think it's a sideways on balance because I don't plan to keep Jaith I don't think he keeps that avarge and he is going to lose cash. The trade returns 150k from Fred hopfuly and allows me to move Goulden who has a 87 breakeven and is about to lose a bunch more cash. Going full premo is an option as I have 601k but rather take Telly as a POD and hope he can avarge 105+ and bank the 150k.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll no doubt be rewarded with a 100+ point average from Duggan during SC Finals. I've seen it happen so often when a bloke who everybody rage traded ages ago comes good at the business end and everyone's cursing him for not doing that while they had him.

Duggan hasn't been the worst but the 40 last week hurt. Jelly is the other. Hopefully he's coming back to his former SP self. Despite playing on the wing.

Sure is , BE of 97 all going to plan , push a held Fullarton to R3 only problem Flynn not ripe 😡 Mumfords second coming has seriously stuffed it .

Apparently Leon has said Mumford will play a few in a row now before having another rest.
Looks like Flynn will miss out on playing Bombers and Tigers, which would of been a good chance to make coin, will come back and get monstered by NicNat, definitely a disappointing cow given the potential he had.

First trade is obvious. Chapman -> Fredrick which leaves 247k in bank

Next trade is tough. Cripps continues to kill me. I know I have to trade him eventually as I am now viewing Taranto as my M8, Laird M7 so Cripps is not a premium. But now or later? Cripps to Bont or Walsh leaves me 90k spare for next week.

That move puts me a week behind everyone else getting a rookie off the field though.

Or I can go Gulden (M8) to Mitchell/Brayshaw. Just short of Boak and higher options. I like the upside of Mitchell as a proven scorer who has bottomed out. I think worst case he averages the same as Brayshaw.

Or Rowe to Shai Bolton (just short of Zorko/Marshall) and McCreery goes off field

1619997950394.png

$511,000 in the adidas man-bag. 21 trades at the moment like a conservative prick.

Have already removed the trooper that is Chapman for Frederick, an original move I think, and need some help on the next depressing decision.

Ditch Flynn and get Grundy, or ditch Gulden and upgrade to a premo?

See team below for a laugh.

AFL.png

Next trade is tough. Cripps continues to kill me. I know I have to trade him eventually as I am now viewing Taranto as my M8, Laird M7 so Cripps is not a premium. But now or later? Cripps to Bont or Walsh leaves me 90k spare for next week.

That move puts me a week behind everyone else getting a rookie off the field though.

Or I can go Gulden (M8) to Mitchell/Brayshaw. Just short of Boak and higher options. I like the upside of Mitchell as a proven scorer who has bottomed out. I think worst case he averages the same as Brayshaw.

Or Rowe to Shai Bolton (just short of Zorko/Marshall) and McCreery goes off field

View attachment 1117627

I'd be getting rid of that Hobbit, Rowe, in an absolute heartbeat.

May is extremely good value, but I'm tempted to skip him due to the rookie situation in the forwards.

May in would be:

Gulden > May, Chapman > Fredericks. Laird to mids so D5-6 would be May/Fredericks with Rowe/Scott (potentially dropped?) as F6. Also no way of getting Laird back into defence.

If I were to bring in a FWD I could loop Berry/Scott as M8, still have Fredericks D6 and no chance that I'd need to cop a 30 from Rowe.

Value or structure is the big decision this week :think:

$511,000 in the adidas man-bag. 21 trades at the moment like a conservative prick.

Have already removed the trooper that is Chapman for Frederick, an original move I think, and need some help on the next depressing decision.

View attachment 1117631

Grundy for sure.

View attachment 1117627
Hold Cripps and upgrade Gulden

View attachment 1117631
I think Flynn to Grundy or Marshall is your only realistic option at this stage. Too early on Marshall but you can't keep copping a donut at R2. Unless you go Meek and Gulden to Thilthorpe and Marshall and get Grundy once Flynn maxxes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back