AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King reporting on fox 'first crack' podcast that the Suns are trying to lure him.
Apparently offered him 3 years at 350-400k per year.

Basically trying to do what St Kilda tried with Draper in trying to get them before they are proven.
Hopefully he does the same thing Draper did.

David King reporting on fox 'first crack' podcast that the Suns are trying to lure him.

Basically trying to do what St Kilda tried with Draper in trying to get them before they are proven.
Screw David King.

It's definitely a smart move from them given their ruck stocks. Not having Witts for most of next year is really gonna hurt their chances of pushing up the ladder.

Fingers crossed we can re-sign him.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Makes sense, blind Freddy can see he'll be something.

The difference now is we could tell Draper he'd be number 1 ruck but I'm not sure we can sell that mantle to Bryan as well.

The difference now is we could tell Draper he'd be number 1 ruck but I'm not sure we can sell that mantle to Bryan as well.
Shouldn't be too hard to sell him on the idea of tag teaming with Draper long term.

Just show him like any Saints game where Ryder and Marshall have both been in the team and be like "this is what we want you and Draper to be, are you in?"

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tigers carried Soldo and Nank
Hawks had McEvoy & Hale.
Dees are getting good service out of Gawn and Jackson.
Draper doesn't look like he minds kicking a goal.

The resting ruck at FF may be our solution.

I'm not worried about GC because they have Witts which means they're selling no 1 3 to 5 years away.

What I'd like to do now is get Draper and Phillips fit so we can use Bryan as a kpf in the VFL. I'd seriously consider signing another ruckman onto the VFL list.

Bryan's a natural footballer at 202cm with a 2.9s 20m sprint and a vertical leap that's top 5 material in any given year.

He's shown solid hands in his VFL games. I think he has the makings of a pretty special KPF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddamn, potential.5

So so much to work with here, impressive poise from a 1st gamer thrown straight into the guts & thick of it.

Fox Footy/David King reporting GC are offering him a longer-term contract. Mate, it's been one game hahaha. Looks pretty comfortable at Essendon, so don't think there is anything to worry about.

Would it be something we'd look at in terms of a trade though (???) or do we like the potential combination of Draper/Bryan for the future? Personally, I like the combination, he looked pretty clean around the centre yesterday.

Fox Footy/David King reporting GC are offering him a longer-term contract. Mate, it's been one game hahaha. Looks pretty comfortable at Essendon, so don't think there is anything to worry about.

Would it be something we'd look at in terms of a trade though (???) or do we like the potential combination of Draper/Bryan for the future? Personally, I like the combination, he looked pretty clean around the centre yesterday.
No way I'd trade Bryan. Unless for one of their guns which they'd never do. Key with Bryan and Draper is how to play them together. Good problem to have.

GC can have Phillips.

No way I'd trade Bryan. Unless for one of their guns which they'd never do. Key with Bryan and Draper is how to play them together. Good problem to have.

GC can have Phillips.
Massive stretch by Fox Footy haha, hunting for whispers around him after one game. I agree, the long-term prospect of pairing him with Draper is just too exciting to throw away.

Reckon they'd be interested in Ricky Dyson and a third for Rowell instead now that he's damaged goods?

Nick Bryan and Sammy Draper, what a combination we have. Nick has a higher ceiling IMO.

They're very different players.

Draper is an athletic bash and crash whose ruck craft is actually very good. I don't know Bryan would have it over Draper in ruck contests. All of Draper's athleticism is based on the eye test. I don't recall seeing any combine results. His endurance seems to be very good (he was rucking 80%+ from year 2 in the VFL) and he's not slow (without being one of those freak talls). I wouldn't say he has Bryan's speed but leaping at Nic Nat last year, Draper was almost matching him for reach (bearing in mind Draper has a few inches on Nic Nat).

Clearly Bryan is a much more natural footballer and looks a much more natural follower. His foot skills are much better. But I think Draper is ultimately more valuable as a ruckman, where the big man's game is more important than having another midfielder, and that we could likely get everything that looks so good about Bryan as a key forward and doing a minor share of the ruck work (say 30% to 40%). The key forward stuff is purely theoretical with Bryan at the moment as he hasn't played there from what I can tell.

let's see. When we asked for Caddy (run of the mill mid) it was Hurley & top 10 pick.
So Bryan gets ruck inflation.
2021 1st + King thanks.

They're very different players.

Draper is an athletic bash and crash whose ruck craft is actually very good. I don't know Bryan would have it over Draper in ruck contests. All of Draper's athleticism is based on the eye test. I don't recall seeing any combine results. His endurance seems to be very good (he was rucking 80%+ from year 2 in the VFL) and he's not slow (without being one of those freak talls). I wouldn't say he has Bryan's speed but leaping at Nic Nat last year, Draper was almost matching him for reach (bearing in mind Draper has a few inches on Nic Nat).

Clearly Bryan is a much more natural footballer and looks a much more natural follower. His foot skills are much better. But I think Draper is ultimately more valuable as a ruckman, where the big man's game is more important than having another midfielder, and that we could likely get everything that looks so good about Bryan as a key forward and doing a minor share of the ruck work (say 30% to 40%). The key forward stuff is purely theoretical with Bryan at the moment as he hasn't played there from what I can tell.
Draper does that Grundy thing where he in effect becomes another mid once the ball is down.
Bryan did look very natural linking up or getting loose balls he had no business taking hold of. Or check side boundary passing by foot!

They were only practice games, but he looked alright playing back last year from the limited vision put out.
Broken enough ground with a 200cm winger.
3x rucks (back, middle, forward) in one side?
Ryder was pretty good playing CHB/Ruck early days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back