Preview Changes vs Hawthorn - Round 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Whatever the changes next week, there will be some unlucky players if we ever have a full squad to choose from. Seven automatic selections in McGovern, Barrass, Hurn, Shuey, Yeo, Ryan and Rioli - and we surely didn't have seven players on the field today who deserve to be dropped.

It’d be a minor miracle for us to have anything close to full availability, given how the season has unfolded thus far.

but....

Jones
Langdon
Witherden
Brander
Edwards
Petrucelle
Waterman

Would be the names that are looked at first.

Then probably Rotham, Cole and Nelson.

Vardy based on need I guess.

The rest are all locked in best 22.

So there is a bit of movement there for sure, the majority of these guys got their pants pulled down to the tune of 100 points last week.

Assuming no injuries which has been an exercise in futility in recent weeks I’m not sure who comes out given none of our automatic starters will be ready to return.

Simpson said Jones was pretty much last man picked for this week meaning that the club has (had?) Langdon ahead of him in the pecking order so whilst nobody here is impressed much by him it’s doubtful he comes out - Cameron and Achee probably need another game or two at least to press their claims and Winder has Partingtons

Vardy probably did just enough to keep Williams out whilst he finds his rhythm in the WAFL

Can see us going with no change pending our usual undisclosed injury that pops up when the team is named

Thank you for your support friend 😛

On the WCE roller coaster, anything’s possible next week 🤷‍♂️ I’d be happy with a scratchy 2-3 goal win TBH!
Look you pushed the Doggies at their peak at their home to their limit. Bont is also not a great set shot for goal and yet he nails a great goal to sink it for you.

Unlucky.

The Saints comeback, was disappointing as you had them by the balls but released the vice grip.

V Cats at that s**t hole with those s**t dimensions with that feral crowd, many decent sides have lost there, having injuries compounded that, no face loss in my eyes.

Eagles will win, youre right it will be a scratchy 1-24 margin.

I'd love to have your confidence, hopefully it will all come together.

I agree that we should win but will we?
Look you have got injuries that compounds your views of your team.

Im an outsider so I can see whats going on without the bias.

I mean FFS a Vic team loses one or two players and its seen as a reasonable excuse for them to lose (Dusty going down early v Dees, No English v Tigers, No Ryder for Saints), Non-Vic sides loses a few players and nothing is made of it.

Simpson needs to ensure home games are a LOCK and then pinch the winnable games interstate against bottom 8 sides.

Then aim to peak in September. Anytime, anywhere, anyplace.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Is the game even going to go ahead, went to ticket master site this morning to see what i have to do get tickets to game using my Vic membership, nothing listed for our game as of yet, and in the past some info was listed on a Monday.

With the current Covid situation in the west and how the piss weak government over here panics it may not happen.

Out: Allen (suspended for breaking Frederick’s leg, according to the Freo match thread)

Incidental contact is suspendable, but punching on is encouraged. Quality supporters.

Grotto has my vote for POTY. 👍
Shuestar13 is a regular on the Crows forum.

While we are AFL rivalries, I have always had a soft spot for the Eagles. I think we see each as brother Clubs, and we both have little baby brothers who are our feral neighbours that always want to compete with us, in terms of Freo and Port.

Im both jealous and proud of their achievements as I have banged on my board that you guys have the blueprint to win the flag. Essentially your squad has its core a very strong WA flavour. Crows fans also respect the massive disadvantages you have in traveling/player retention and playing an AWAY grand finals always, no matter what.

But that as I told Shuestar13 having Woosha as coach when my Club was broken in half when our coach died and the way the Eagles fans supported my Club that night and applauded us and not booed us at any stage despite us tearing you guys apart in the first quarter. You guys always had my respect.

You might think whats the big deal about your fans applauding us and empathizing with our Club when broken. Let me either remind you or tell you, that our neighbours, would not even allow the Showdown Medal to be named after Phil Walsh a few weeks later to acknowledge his contribution to both Clubs. When this happened I stopped posting on the Port board, I said never again.

Anyways sorry for the tangent.

If our kid could kick 5 on debut, JK and Darling should tear the Hawks a new one.

All the best v Hawks.

I was at that game Grotto. It was so sad. I wasn’t even a little bit worried about the game, my thoughts were, let the Crows have it, they need this.

Given I have experienced a GF loss, I can tell you that game was hard to watch and was the saddest I ever was as a Crows supporter.

As I said the way your fans respected and applauded us, is not to be taken lightly, I hold them in very high regard.

IIRC I think Walsh played a role at the Eagles? He had a connection there? In any case, it was sad too seeing your supporter base feel the pain that night too.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes but that's the point, no? We should realistically have won against both WB and Saints but we shat the bed.
Hawthorn are a much weaker team than either of those two, especially the Bullies. They lack basic skills, they struggled against the Dockers who we just wiped off the park.

Last edited:
Why? Langdon is horrific anything is better

He's not fit. At risk of over-exerting himself and reinjuring and not being able to cover his man/zone and at this point Langdon can do that.

UseR2006

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
We need to remember this is Langdons first year with us, any issues he came with are not going to be fixed immediately this year.
His effort and want to tackle is there but his fitness clearly isn't yet. I have no doubt he'll be a better player next year than this year.

Just remember even Yeo was pretty trash in his first year with us from brisbane.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
We need to remember this is Langdons first year with us, any issues he came with are not going to be fixed immediately this year.
His effort and want to tackle is there but his fitness clearly isn't yet. I have no doubt he'll be a better player next year than this year.

Just remember even Yeo was pretty trash in his first year with us from brisbane.
Fair point about giving him time to adjust to a new team. But his fitness should already be there.

And the Yeo comparison is off - Yeo was only 20 when he joined us, Langdon is 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back