Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Final stats from the VFL have been pushed by CD. Hayes jumped up from 24 touches to 30 and some other changes were made on review...

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 7.50.03 pm.png

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out

Schache - can you delist mid season?
Lipi - too slow too soft
JJ - lost
West - wow that was a poor game

In

English
Wallis - at least he will try
VDM - if fit
Debut - Juh, Garcia or Buku

Surely we’re not dropping West lol, give him a chance with a few weeks at least, Scott played 5 worse games
I agree, I wouldn't drop West but Scott hasn't played as bad as West did on Friday. Horrendous.

Senior players proven not up to standard should go out before West who just needs to adjust.

JJ, Cordy, Schache all out for me.

I still had hopes for Schache, he's an amazing tease. Could be so good with his tools but I'm putting my black texta through his name after that game. Just doesn't have the desire.

So MD no McNeil based on stats we both know are not relevant. He provides pressure has spread and is developing into a Tigers like pressure small forward? The only game we lost and dropped on pressure he was not there.

Agree on Schache and JJ think they are both gone.

English also has to come in with McNeil.

Not like for like and is a risk but would bring in Khamis for Cordy, we play a zone defence anyway.

Out

Schache - can you delist mid season?
Lipi - too slow too soft
JJ - lost
West - wow that was a poor game

In

English
Wallis - at least he will try
VDM - if fit
Debut - Juh, Garcia or Buku

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So MD no McNeil based on stats we both know are not relevant. He provides pressure has spread and is developing into a Tigers like pressure small forward? The only game we lost and dropped on pressure he was not there.

Agree on Schache and JJ think they are both gone.

English also has to come in with McNeil.

Not like for like and is a risk but would bring in Khamis for Cordy, we play a zone defence anyway.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry I’m not playing a bloke purely because he can pressure week in week out.

If he comes in meh but he does zero for me

Not sure who not hitting the scoreboard isn’t relevant

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Drop the player who had the second most clearances for us while playing the least amount of time in the mid. Had 23 disposals. He had more clearances than Bont, Smith, Treloar and equaled Macrae. The hate for Lipi just amazes me. Bont was worse than Lipi. He turned it over all night and missed a goal from 12 metres directly in front. Lipi is not quick and his defensive game is improving. Unfortunately he,hit the post from 45 out. I have watched him closely this year to see if any of the negative comments are valid and I have to disagree

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Drop the player who had the second most clearances for us while playing the least amount of time in the mid. Had 23 disposals. He had more clearances than Bont, Smith, Treloar and equaled Macrae. The hate for Lipi just amazes me. Bont was worse than Lipi. He turned it over all night and missed a goal from 12 metres directly in front. Lipi is not quick and his defensive game is improving. Unfortunately he,hit the post from 45 out. I have watched him closely this year to see if any of the negative comments are valid and I have to disagree
Lipi was one on One for a.ground ball late in the Game. Never going to win it.

Sheedy used to teach competiveness by kicking a ball 50m away and telling two playi to go get it. Lipi would rarely get the ball when stacked up against any mid in the league IMO. In hot.games he will let us down IMO. BONT had a s**t.game but was also BN F in a flag yr and stands up more often than not.

Having said that I'd keep Lipi in but that's the problem with him. Reminds me.of.Gia and Eagleton. Good.home.and away players who were repeatedly found out in hot games.

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lipi strength is his elite hands and vision in close and his ability to extract a clearance. His decision making and skills are elite. JJ would beat all our mids bar Treloar in the 50m chase and get so do not think it is relevant. You ask LIBBA and Dunks to play on the wing and they are ineffective because they are inside mids. Lipi is a inside mid but who has elite skills etc. Because Libba and Dunks are so good but also similiar speed to Lipi he does not get the opportunity. He is played on the wing or HFF where he needs to improve his endurance a little more as those positions require more gut running.

He is still easily best 22 and hopefully will get some more inside time to show his attribute.

I don’t see any comparison between Gia, eagleton and Lipi. The only similarity is they we’re highly skilled

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Lipi strength is his elite hands and vision in close and his ability to extract a clearance. His decision making and skills are elite. JJ would beat all our mids bar Treloar in the 50m chase and get so do not think it is relevant. You ask LIBBA and Dunks to play on the wing and they are ineffective because they are inside mids. Lipi is a inside mid but who has elite skills etc. Because Libba and Dunks are so good but also similiar speed to Lipi he does not get the opportunity. He is played on the wing or HFF where he needs to improve his endurance a little more as those positions require more gut running.

He is still easily best 22 and hopefully will get some more inside time to show his attribute.

I don’t see any comparison between Gia, eagleton and Lipi. The only similarity is they we’re highly skilled
Gia was a gun inside mid that was forced to play forward because we had nowhere else to play Boyd and Cross. Think there's actually quite a few similarities with Lipinski.
Also like Gia, Lipinski has a few armchair experts calling him soft without watching his actual game.

huddo#9

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out : Schache, Cordy, JJ/West
In : English, JUH, Young/Weightman or Garcia

Just play Jamarra, if Bruce hadn't kicked the ten against Norf it would have already happened. This would allow, if required one of Bruce or Astro to go back.
Re West, he has been the best player over a number of weeks in the VFL and clearly deserved his opportunity. Wouldnt be surprised if they drop him, but be ok with it if they gave him another crack. We are just missing a good small crumbing forward, Weightman was drafted as this, so they say.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out : Schache, Cordy, JJ/West
In : English, JUH, Young/Weightman or Garcia

Just play Jamarra, if Bruce hadn't kicked the ten against Norf it would have already happened. This would allow, if required one of Bruce or Astro to go back.
Re West, he has been the best player over a number of weeks in the VFL and clearly deserved his opportunity. Wouldnt be surprised if they drop him, but be ok with it if they gave him another crack. We are just missing a good small crumbing forward, Weightman was drafted as this, so they say.
I think Weightman isn’t quick enough

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
Who plays on McKay? We are at risk of seeing yet another Carlton forwards day out against us - he’s in fine form. If we send Cordy to him we are DOA.

I’d be playing English back in defence every chance we get this week. Have to cut off the tall ball going in. No point playing Cordy - Keath, Wood and English for the chop out for me.

Out: Cordy, Schache, West
In: English, JUH, Wallis

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who plays on McKay? We are at risk of seeing yet another Carlton forwards day out against us - he’s in fine form. If we send Cordy to him we are DOA.

I’d be playing English back in defence every chance we get this week. Have to cut off the tall ball going in. No point playing Cordy - Keath, Wood and English for the chop out for me.

Keath to McKay.

His form doesn’t matter when he plays us.

He’s the regeneration of prime Wayne Carey against us

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I wouldn't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There was a lot of fatigue in that game, too many players just out of sorts, and the burden of the win streak. I'm not too worried about the showing, but there are a few changes that simply have to be made.

Schache must go out and with English hopefully back, it's logical.

I see West as being in the same boat. Maybe harsh, but while I can tolerate poor games from youngsters on their first game in a while, I can't cop selfish and undisciplined games. I am sure MC will back him in but his effort left me extremely frustrated.

JJ is just not offering much at all at the moment. I don't know what's up with him but it's hard to believe we wouldn't get more from someone else (McNeil? Butler?).

Pick your poison with Young or Cordy. Do you want to get beaten on 100% of leads with Cordy, or 100% of 1v1s with Young? We miss Gardner and I hope this board is starting to realise why he's so much better than our other options.

Haven't watched VFL so not sure who comes in. As long as we don't play Wallis in the midfield I'm content.

Mar 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wouldn't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There was a lot of fatigue in that game, too many players just out of sorts, and the burden of the win streak. I'm not too worried about the showing, but there are a few changes that simply have to be made.

Schache must go out and with English hopefully back, it's logical.

I see West as being in the same boat. Maybe harsh, but while I can tolerate poor games from youngsters on their first game in a while, I can't cop selfish and undisciplined games. I am sure MC will back him in but his effort left me extremely frustrated.

JJ is just not offering much at all at the moment. I don't know what's up with him but it's hard to believe we wouldn't get more from someone else (McNeil? Butler?).

Pick your poison with Young or Cordy. Do you want to get beaten on 100% of leads with Cordy, or 100% of 1v1s with Young? We miss Gardner and I hope this board is starting to realise why he's so much better than our other options.

Haven't watched VFL so not sure who comes in. As long as we don't play Wallis in the midfield I'm content.
I agree with you on West. Seems harsh to drop him but it was a very poor game. I'd bring in Cody Weightman. Played well again in the vfl this weekend and has been very good in all footscray games. He kicked 2 goals but should have had 4 if not for a couple of wayward set shots. Has a bit more speed than West and his work rate and pressure up forward has been impressive. Has a bit of mongrel too.

Garcia also good but playing more as a mid

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I agree with you on West. Seems harsh to drop him but it was a very poor game. I'd bring in Cody Weightman. Played well again in the vfl this weekend and has been very good in all footscray games. He kicked 2 goals but should have had 4 if not for a couple of wayward set shots. Has a bit more speed than West and his work rate and pressure up forward has been impressive. Has a bit of mongrel too.

Garcia also good but playing more as a mid

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I think we need some continuity in the side, too many changes lately. As selfish as Wests game was, he had earned his spot and needs the chance to be able to redeem himself. Looks like he went into the game with the wrong mindset, would have been spoken to about it so lets see if he takes the criticism on board.
Schache is different though, has had his chances and blew it, out for English.
Cordy stays in for mine, take his experience over Youngs schache like efforts.
What to do with JJ though. On his efforts he deserves to be dropped, but a game v the blues could suit him.

English for Schache
JJ for Garcia or JJ for Khamis with Caleb moving up the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back