Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartigan vs Kennedy
Frost vs Darling
O’Brien vs Allen
Hardwick vs Cripps
Impey vs Jones
Jiath vs Langdon

I’m not sure if there’s a suitable matchup for Darling. Can we get Stratton out of retirement? :oops:

Jaeger for Finn (not ready)
Wingard for Jeka (too tall)
Howe for Phillips
Brockman for Hanrahan
Hartley for Hartigan

Hardwick Hartley TOB
Impey Frost CJ
Morrison Mitchell Shiels
McEvoy O'Meara Worpel
Moore Lewis Wingard
Breust Koschitzke Gunston

Scrimshaw, Howe, Cousins, Brockman

VFL - Round 3

Howe: 30 disposals - 6 marks - 2 tackles - 6 inside 50s - 1 goal
Nash: 20 disposals - 9 marks - 6 inside 50s
Brooksby: 16 disposals - 7 marks - 13 hit-outs
Brockman: 15 disposals - 7 marks - 2 tackles - 2 goals - 2 behinds
Hartley: 15 disposals 10 marks - 5 rebound 50s - 1 goal
Reeves: 14 disposals - 2 marks - 23 hit-outs
Downie: 12 disposals - 3 marks - 3 tackles
Greaves: 11 disposals - 2 marks - 2 tackles
Morris: 7 disposals - 3 marks - 3 tackles - 1 goal

DNP: Bramble, Pepper, Saunders
We need to play Brockman so eagles can eat a bag for trying to hide him.

Right now, petty taunts are all we've got...

West Coast is the flakiest side in the comp. The bad news is that if today's version of West Coast shows up we could lose by 100 points. The good news is that it probably will not, given it is in Melbourne and they won't care about us like they do Fremantle.

think after Howe and Brockman's VFL performance they have to come in alongside Chad and JOM

i really do hate the thought of what their onball dept does to us with NicNat giving them first use - this could be ugly if some of the above don’t come back In

Baptism of fire to bring Reeves in vs Nic Nat & Vardy.

If Big Boy needs a rest, i think he can maybe wait a week. Throw a couple thousand vaults through him to keep him on the park.
Worked for Lowden vs eagles.

Also kicked 3 on debut.

Gee that delisting has looked s**t for about 5+ years.

If JOM comes in one of Mitchell or shiels should go out. Yes Mitchell got 38 but is having no impact.
Mitchell having 38 but not having much of an impact is the result of what is no longer around him.
When he had Smith, Henderson and even Scully(amongst others who break from contests) to give to, his ability to get hands on the ball and shovel it out to a team mate was top notch.

It’s why I think it’s crazy that anyone would entertain trading him, because he’s one of the, if not the most prolific ball winners the game has ever seen, and any coach worth their salt would be looking to capitalise on the amount of times he gets the ball by surrounding him with players who can take it and hurt the opposition(Day, CJ, Sic for example), rather than removing him from the equation and hoping his replacement can get it half as much and do the damage themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the melts if JOM or Chad don’t come in after being “managed”
There’s a chance, but if people couldn’t read between the lines when they were “managed” this week, they should be able to if they miss next week.

I understand that Nash was very poor against Melbourne, but i think Hanrahan and Moore get judged lightly in comparison.
- Hanrahan has a pattern of playing one outstanding AFL game followed by two poor games, being dropped, not excelling at Box Hill, getting recalled and repeating the pattern. His defensive preassure is poor.

- Moore - inconsistent from quarter to quarter, and is very average at applying forward pressure. He was going to be cut from the list in 2020 but his performance against GC in the last round saved him.

Nash, who Sydney tried to poach at the end of 2018, has barely played an AFL game since then (mainly due to injury, and covid and visas - and team balance). He certainly hasn't been afforded a string of games. During that time Nash has shown that he has improved as a player - he has shown at VFL level that he can excel as part of a functioning forward line.
This year he got to play about two quarters of game time against MFC in a dysfunctional forward line and he was very poor - but he was often outnumbered at the ball. But that was one game. Nash is headed for the chopping block. It is a shame we have so many talls - because Nash deserves to play and be tested as much or more than Hanrahan and Moore (imo).

Ideally we bring in Brockman, but his form has been off in the VFL.

I really hope at some stage this year we give Nash 5 games in a row - otherwise I think we shouldn't have wasted a list spot on him this year in the first place.
Is it worth trying to turn Nash into a backman? From memory he is around 197cm and would have great closing speed. And all of his learning around the fwd craft would be of benefit ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back