Club Focus North Melbourne 2021 - Greenwood, Coleman-Jones, Horne-Francis, Goater, Curtis, Bergman, Archer

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

nobody is denying last year was bad for Bruce.

he’s kicked more goals already this year than he did the whole 2020.

again, Larkey being as good as Bruce looks best-case scenario for Larkey. But he’d want to get a move on because he’s shown far less at the same age.

it’s more likely Larkey goes the way of Sam Durdin

Turn it up.

Here's a puff piece about king having kicked more goals in his first 30 odd games than a lot of key forwards.

King has kicked 60 goals from his 37 games and is well advanced on some of the competition's best goalkickers at the same stage.

A quick comparison with Tom Lynch, Josh Kennedy, Jack Riewoldt and Tom Hawkins – all forwards slightly different, but with similar traits – shows King is faring well.

None of that decorated quartet had kicked even 50 goals through the same number of games, with Hawkins (47) the closest.

Larkey has 48 goals from 35 games, playing #1 forward for the last 18 months.

He'll be fine.

Turn it up.

Here's a puff piece about king having kicked more goals in his first 30 odd games than a lot of key forwards.
Now do Schache, who also compares well at a similar age. The eyeball test says a lot.
Larkey is ok, Comben shows real signs, I like Xerri, but having a promising kid turn into a KPF who competes week in, week out is still a big step to take.

Now do Schache, who also compares well at a similar age. The eyeball test says a lot.
Larkey is ok, Comben shows real signs, I like Xerri, but having a promising kid turn into a KPF who competes week in, week out is still a big step to take.

42 goals from his first 40 games.

I agree, but larkey was killing it when he wasn't playing as the single tall. He's struggled with being double teamed and copping probably the worst delivery in the league.

42 goals from his first 40 games.

I agree, but larkey was killing it when he wasn't playing as the single tall. He's struggled with being double teamed and copping probably the worst delivery in the league.
Thsi is where the 'play the kids' arguments break down.
A solid senior player can do wonders for a developing kid. JPF is hard enought o play, let alone as a kid without an experienced player alongside them. The Josh Bruce flex above s a bit weird for that reason alone.
Defenders need the same guidance, especially in an era of zone defence. Tarrant, and Ziebull going back, mean you're set there.

I think we will go tall in the MSD, especially with the top end of the ND being midfielders.

I can see us targeting a few u/23 talls around the league a few years into the system such as CCJ, McAsey also.

I wouldn't be happy to see North get a priority pick. They haven't even won a wooden spoon yet.

And this year they could get a crack at getting some uncontracted players in or even better unrestricted free agents.

I would be looking at 4 ready made players plus 3 from the draft

1. Free Agent (Top Tier) in this order (make them an offer they can't refuse) you have the money
1. Kelly 2. Cripps 3.Jarryd Lyons 4. Matt Crouch

2. Free Agent (not a top tier player) someone with leadership qualities but lower pay grade but best 22
1.Tom Lynch (Ade) 2. Daniel Talia 3 Ed Curnow 4. Neville Jetta 5. Sam Reid (Syd)

3. 2 players uncontracted that you could get for 2nd round pick or less

Seedsman, Fogarty, Adams, Noble, Sier, Constable, Flanders, Buntine, Neal-Bullen, Sparrow, Bonner, Farrell, Lienert, Soldo, Garthwaite, Ronke

Cerra would be good but you'd have to give up too much you want players and draft choices

I reckon with 2 more kids (high draft choices) and 3 decent players you'll get better pretty quick.

Would love both of them at north!
Not sure what Fiorini is on, but I don't think we've have any qualms handing him over.
Don't think he's much chance of getting back into the midfield on a regular basis

No chance we are letting Flanders go at this point though.
He's just into his second year and starting to get a bit more of a taste of it, played his best game last week when given a bit of midfield time and looked really good. Pretty much been exclusively played as a small forward before then.

Not sure what Fiorini is on, but I don't think we've have any qualms handing him over.
Don't think he's much chance of getting back into the midfield on a regular basis

No chance we are letting Flanders go at this point though.
He's just into his second year and starting to get a bit more of a taste of it, played his best game last week when given a bit of midfield time and looked really good. Pretty much been exclusively played as a small forward before then.

Fiorini I'll have in a heartbeat, Flanders no chance you let go as you say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 0-7 but:

* First three picks in the draft are all playing and showing good signs, Powell in particular looks a beauty
* Blokes we opicked up from other clubs in Stepho, Atu, Corr have all played and all look good

The rebuild is progressing very nicely.

The western bulldogs didn’t trade for him to be prime Nick Riewoldt, they traded him to play a role. And now he’s fitter that seems to be working.

Shame you only get to play us twice a season max for a while, given Josh Bruce's only role is "that shitman that kicks a bag against North but is laughable against everyone else."

Every team has one.

Majak kicked a bag against you guys once.

They exist.

But Bruce isn't even a good role player.

Shame you only get to play us twice a season max for a while, given Josh Bruce's only role is "that shitman that kicks a bag against North but is laughable against everyone else."

Every team has one.

Majak kicked a bag against you guys once.

They exist.

But Bruce isn't even a good role player.

Bruce had a bad night Friday but has kicked at least a goal in every game this season and takes a seasoned defender away from Naughton and English while also on the weekend relieving in the ruck. The epitome of role player.

Meanwhile north leave larkey to battle alone with cam zurhaar as a second tall

Bruce had a bad night Friday but has kicked at least a goal in every game this season and takes a seasoned defender away from Naughton and English while also on the weekend relieving in the ruck. The epitome of role player.

Meanwhile north leave larkey to battle alone with cam zurhaar as a second tall

We've got big Bobby Campbell down there now!

Amazed you guys didn't go for Ben Brown.

Ten times the player Bruce is, and with that midfield and ahem, the success of your Umpire Liaison Unit, he would be doing amazing things for you.

He won't leave, but absolutely this. Blank cheque type of offer.

What is the point chasing Harry if you know you have no chance of getting him ? Aren't North better off trying to actual try target realistic FA/Trade options ?

What is the point chasing Harry if you know you have no chance of getting him ? Aren't North better off trying to actual try target realistic FA/Trade options ?

To make you overpay and to generate lolz on here.

Forces carlton to overpay.

He might leave. Dusty type offer not easy to knock back + family connection.

North can offer harry unlimited millions via the psd and chase other trade targets.

To make you overpay and to generate lolz on here.

We will pay him what he is worth (900 K P/A or there abouts)

Essendon came calling last season with a massive over and his management told them in no uncertain terms to FRO.

It's Cripps that is the iffy/worrying one for Carlton supporters

Forces carlton to overpay.

He might leave. Dusty type offer not easy to knock back + family connection.

North can offer harry unlimited millions via the psd and chase other trade targets.

North have unlimited millions ??

Yeah good one.

You are clearly fishing for a bite, but all you are doing is making yourself look like a tool in the process.

We will pay him what he is worth (900 K P/A or there abouts)

Essendon came calling last season with a massive over and his management told them in no uncertain terms to FRO.

It's Cripps that is the iffy/worrying one for Carlton supporters

And chances are he will knock if back or ask for more when north put up a contract that is very hard to refuse.

North will see carlton as a potential rival down the track - rebuilding teams. Very logical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back