Round 7 Rising Star

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Jackson absolutely covered for Max (who is allowed a quiet game), he was getting a lesson from Goldstein but Jackson was incredible against a very very good ruck in Goldy.

He's special, very special.

He's going to be an absolute gun.
I think GWS wanted him. I am glad he is going well. Is he better as a forward or ruck ( could he be the best ruck forward since say Corey mckernan).

Le Archie

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
For the dons this week as potential nominees we had Jones with the 8 marks (5 contested) 3 goals was incredibly impressive. Perkins had 18 touches, 2 behinds, 3 GAs and 12 score involvements also incredibly impressive.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
For the dons this week as potential nominees we had Jones with the 8 marks (5 contested) 3 goals was incredibly impressive. Perkins had 18 touches, 2 behinds, 3 GAs and 12 score involvements also incredibly impressive.
tough to split them. I'd go Perkins' game. 3 goals > 2 pts, but Archie's not missing set shots. Love how he's running through AFL packs in game 5 (?)
Tom powell
Another 23 and a goal
surely has a nomination already?

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jones or Powell can’t lose really. I’d probably go Jones as I rather give these key forwards the nomination in weeks they kick a few. Powell will get 20+ every week.

It’s an interesting point & is likely why after 7 rounds the kid who could very well be leading/coming 2nd in the RS, is yet to recieve a nomination. I’m not really phased if he gets it this week, just think it will be bizarre if they give it to whoever kicks a bag every week and we get to the midway point of the season and he hasn’t got one.

Powell was superb today despite getting injured in the second Q. 23 Disposals 1 goal 2 goal assists 6 score involvements 6 tackles. Matter of time before he goes 30+ in a game IMO.

Currently leads all 2021 nominees for Disposals bar Sholl (2 years older).

Last edited:

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s an interesting point & is likely why after 7 rounds the kid who could very well be leading/coming 2nd in the RS, is yet to recieve a nomination. I’m not really phased if he gets it this week, just think it will be bizarre if they give it to whoever kicks a bag every week and we get to the midway point of the season and he hasn’t got one.

Powell was superb today despite getting injured in the second Q. 23 Disposals 1 goal 2 goal assists 6 score involvements 6 tackles. Matter of time before he goes 30+ in a game IMO.

Currently leads all 2021 nominees for Disposals bar Sholl.

He deserves to be rewarded for consistency. 7 consistent games is better than 1 standout game, which seems to be getting rewarded at the moment.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JP2

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2003
Prague
AFL Club
Melbourne
I hate these threads where everybody just floats in to name-drop someone from their own team when they clearly haven't watched any of the other games. :rolleyes:

Speaking from a purely neutral and objective perspective, the nomination has to go to Luke Jackson. I haven't heard of any of these other players so they obviously don't deserve to win, and if you don't agree then I'll start getting indignant and start citing statistics without providing any sort of context.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't really care and Powell looks a ripper but he's a mid, Jackson is a 19 year old ruck who had 22 touches and kicked one.
Natanui has had 9 marks for the year, Jackson has had 25. He's a ******* star

It's all about perspective. Jacksons a ruckman, Powells a mid.

Jackson also played for 1st versus 18th, whilst Powell played for 18th versus 1st.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I don't really care and Powell looks a ripper but he's a mid, Jackson is a 19 year old ruck who had 22 touches and kicked one.
Natanui has had 9 marks for the year, Jackson has had 25. He's a ******* star

Yes but that was Jackson's first outstanding game for The Dees this season. Powell has been in North's best players every game he and they have played this season.

No doubt Jackson is going to be an absolute star but I believe they should reward Powell for his body of work and consistency so far.

He has not put one foot wrong. And North fans could do with an emotional lift as well.

Petrify

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Powell going to win the award overall but I think Jones deserves it this week - was more impactful than Powell, Jackson was also very good but worse than Powell imo.

Back