Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Still want Ryan deleted? Or take a punt that one of the owners matches the offer?
just leave it then

I'll take a punt

The good news is for Arakaan that he gets Ryan 950k cheaper now coz of stingers bid if he matches.
how come? because I bid $50k so he only needs to pay $950k not 1m?

Thx for your understanding
So if the first bid goes through and I get him

Does the second bid get cancelled because I don't have another 2nd rounder this year?

I'm just trying to understand the whole process

I want to be lenient today because its a paid league, and lenny and stinger are still newcomers. But moving forward from today, there will be no leniency (nor for old timers in this league), and next year no deleting of such mistakes, maybe a salary cap fine for it.

I was relatively new to the league when I made that terrible Zeke trade with Dagless, can I have it back please ? 🤗

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
how come? because I bid $50k so he only needs to pay $950k not 1m?
If arakaan matches...he keeps ryan, offers him 3-5 yr contract, the $1m tag price is removed, and he only pays the bid amount.

If arakaan passes....you keep ryan, offer him 3-5 yrs, pay only the bid cost, but fork out a 2nd to him.

If Ryan was never bid on, he wouldve returned to arakaans roster on 1 yr deal and the tag cost remains on his cap

If arakaan matches...he keeps ryan, offers him 3-5 yr contract, the $1m tag price is removed, and he only pays the bid amount.

If arakaan passes....you keep ryan, offer him 3-5 yrs, pay only the bid cost, but fork out a 2nd to him.

If Ryan was never bid on, he wouldve returned to arakaans roster on 1 yr deal and the tag cost remains on his cap
To be clear, bid amount PLUS a million base.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
To be clear, bid amount PLUS a million base.
Nope. The salary attached to whatever player you bid on doesn't change. The bid amount or franchise tag is a one-year hit that shows as a "salary adjustment" on your roster separate to the player's salary.

So in the case of Logan Ryan, whoever gets him (be that arakaan by matching the offer or whoever wins the bid) gets Logan Ryan at $3,664,000 for 3-5 years and has take a "salary adjustment" of the winning bid for 1 year

Back