Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

Best thing we can do is build an exciting team for the next decade. To have the likes of Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Horne* along with himself should be a huge factor. Same goes for anyone one of them individually.

The more I look back on the the treatment of Thomas the more it stands out how badly he was treated by the media. Disgraceful.
It was racism at its core. Ling would never say that about a white player. Not a word was said about. Still sits in my guts as an absolute stinker of an act that go no scrutiny.

The more I look back on the the treatment of Thomas the more it stands out how badly he was treated by the media. Disgraceful.
It was racism at its core. Ling would never say that about a white player. Not a word was said about. Still sits in my guts as an absolute stinker of an act that go no scrutiny.
Too right it absolutely ****ing was. The fact that no-one was or seemingly ever will be held to account makes me sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hard because it would require you being a mind reader

And it’s a very serious accusation. I don’t want it to be racism because I want to believe most people are better then that. Thomas was an easy target and my god did they sink the boots in at every opportunity. The same commentators fawn over players like Greene.

And it’s a very serious accusation. I don’t want it to be racism because I want to believe most people are better then that. Thomas was an easy target and my god did they sink the boots in at every opportunity. The same commentators fawn over players like Greene.

One that sparked media scrutiny was the sliding in at the ball taking out the legs, which brought on a rule change. Not once did i think that rule came because of racism, but perhaps our resident mind readers know better.

edit: come to think of it, Choppy played a part in another rule change.

Toby Greene? They've been pretty harsh on him at times too. He's pulled his head in and playing great footy now.

Last edited:
One that sparked media scrutiny was the sliding in at the ball taking out the legs, which brought on a rule change. Not once did i think that rule came because of racism, but perhaps our resident mind readers know better.

And when he broke the jaw of a Collingwood player with a legal bump, sparking their fans to flood social media and talk back radio, which brought about another rule change.

edit: come to think of it, Choppy played a part in another rule change.

Toby Greene? They've been pretty harsh on him at times too. He's pulled his head in and playing great footy now.

The commentators speak differently about Toby. They sort of chuckle about it. I’m a fan of Greene I just see the double standard because Greene has done way more dirty stuff. Don’t think Thomas was ever a dirty player.

And when he broke the jaw of a Collingwood player with a legal bump, sparking their fans to flood social media and talk back radio, which brought about another rule change.

Not wanting to derail the thread, but our Little Lindsey was awesome. I remember all to well the horrid yips stage he went through and obviously with hard work turned that around to be one of most reliable shots on goal.

And agree he wasnt dirty.

Don’t they look at body of work over the season as well? I’m sure I’ve heard that in the past

Yeah they do, and Jacksons has been huge too.

I personally think he is probably favourite for the award, with our boy second.

If you talk to any Essendon Nuffie though, Nik Cox already has the medal at home.

Yeah they do, and Jacksons has been huge too.

I personally think he is probably favourite for the award, with our boy second.

If you talk to any Essendon Nuffie though, Nik Cox already has the medal at home.

He’s currently equal 5th in the betting. Once he gets the nom that’ll shorten, and he’s getting better every week. The thing with the rising star, the winner is voted on by a panel of football people, so it really depends who’s on the panel. Powell has been the most consistent so he’s a massive chance imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back