Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

14 players out injured and those overrated campaigners took 3 and half quarters and some umpire assistance to shake us off.

Based on today when the whips are cracking Melbourne will fold like a deck of cards.

It's almost like we haven't beaten the last years two grand finalist easily

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
They rolled up expecting an easy win today and got badly exposed by a bunch of kids and Cunners.

They are front running cowards

From the North mod. Badly exposed. So badly that we won convincingly in the end.
Where is this post? I am would like a word.

Where is this post? I am would like a word.

Norf board autopsy thread, the gist of which is that we only won due to umpires and superior fitness because we're such a more mature team than them. Not like it only took shifting into second gear for 15 minutes to shrug off their best shot.

It's almost like we haven't beaten the last years two grand finalist easily
God can you imagine only watching North Melbourne every week?

The Swans board are up an about for the game this weekend!

We get to watch the best ruckman in the league next week

... And Max Gawn will be there too...

Obviously he considers Luke Jackson the premier ruckman in the league

Dees come back to win today and I think we win. But as soft as they are, wouldn’t want to face them after losing to Norf.

Wouldn't say we are soft, Richmond found that out

Who plays on Pickett/Brown is irrelevant,

The umpire selection will have far greater impact on the result.

Fingers crossed the umpires are on our side, its almost like we won our game on this weekend because of an umpiring howler late in the game

We will win this in style. We will be hyped up again after beating more fancied opponents in Geelong & Melbourne. We'll then stumble over the line over Collingwood to be 7-2, and then lose badly to Fremantle at Optus.

Not only expecting to win, but expecting to win well!

Umps disappointed me yesterday, nowhere near enough #FreeKickMelbourne for my liking.

Hoping AFL house sends their best men to the game for us this week. Need that Hawthorn umpiring crew please.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
We will be crucified by the umpires.
We will be seen as having gotten away with one last week.
Collingwood and Hawthorn are sh1te.
Carlton and Essendon are meh.
Melbourne (the city) is well over Richmond.
No one gives a toss about Norf, St Kilda or Footscray.
Therefore Melbourne (the footy club) will be the darlings of the Melbourne media and will get a leg up, just like the Bravedogs in 2016.
57 years etc. That's why I hope Melbourne gets a flag this year - so we don't get smashed by the umpires in the GF next year.

Thanks, I guess???

Thanks, I guess???
1620013117638.png

"The umpire selection will have far greater impact on the result."

This is POTY content. The lack of self-awareness is staggering.
How could anyone with this attitude enjoy footy?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
How could anyone with this attitude enjoy footy?
It’s a mini mystery.

This is also from a supporter of the team that had a dickhead attempt to climb a goalpost as though he expected to harvest coconuts from the thing when he reached the top, literally at the deciding point of the game, and the afl signed off the decision not to award a free in the square as okay based on some abstract “spirit of the moment” s**t

Umpire talk is weird. Anytime a team starts coming good and winning each week #Freekick(club) starts trending. The Hawks game I think we definitely got the rub of the green, but otherwise I think umps have been unbiased in our games.
There's a few howlers each game, and htb has been s**t for years. Drops and throws are let go every game for all sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
The Swans board are up an about for the game this weekend!

Obviously he considers Luke Jackson the premier ruckman in the league

Wouldn't say we are soft, Richmond found that out

Fingers crossed the umpires are on our side, its almost like we won our game on this weekend because of an umpiring howler late in the game

Not only expecting to win, but expecting to win well!

Actually not kidding, can someone tell me who Swans ruckman is?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Tom Hickey. He's actually been pretty good.
He’s exactly the type of guy to somehow have a blinder against Gawn - plus he’s acquitted himself okay against us in the past. I don’t honestly think Sydney board are full crazy in predicting clearance dominance against us. We are a weird team and Viney missing from the centre stoppage for the next few weeks is probably a bigger deal then anticipated

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He’s exactly the type of guy to somehow have a blinder against Gawn - plus he’s acquitted himself okay against us in the past. I don’t honestly think Sydney board are full crazy in predicting clearance dominance against us. We are a weird team and Viney missing from the centre stoppage for the next few weeks is probably a bigger deal then anticipated
Especially after the crap our midfield rolled out against North.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Another Sydney poster says we’ve ‘hacked our way through the first 7 rounds’ and doesn’t rate us. Well, perhaps other clubs should try doing that, because we’re 7-0 and nobody else is.

What defender can consistently beat McKay in a one on one? If that is the prerequisite then no defender makes it.

The only way to nullify him and the next gen of talls is to have a 2nd defender float across. May and Lever are about the best example of this as it stands.
McKay pretty much unbeatable one on one after a good start to the year minus the games where he had 5 touches and 1 goal and 8 touches and 2 goals

Wayne Carey/Tony Lockett hybrid!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
McKay is a really good player but like the other beanpoles let’s see what happens when he plays on a bloke who can knock him off the line of the ball like May does. Height doesn’t matter as much when your opponent just bullies you off the ball. May has done this twice to Max King among others and whilst McKay is much better geez Carlton supporters think every good player is a future HoF player.

Back