Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs are ripe for the picking, a few niggles cropping up, some injuries and players not in their best form, like Smith, JJ, Bruce.

The tigers gave a blueprint of what needs to be done (though we're a little far from being the Tigers), they won't look as fearful as they may have if we got them at 7-0 coming off a win from the reigning premier.

If anytime we need Cripps to find a game of form it's this one, and Williams to play 4 quarters if fit, with a good supporting midfield cast doing their bit in SPS, Cunners, Dow, Setters, whomever is in.

Ins: Williams, TDK, Newman
Outs: McGovern, Plowman, Gibbons
If we have a forward line of Levi tdk mackay we in trouble not enough pressure .. just play Levi one more week.. TDK replaces pitto when ready not sure he offers enough around the ground made a debut ruckman look like Polly farmer .. least Levi has some idea where he should try to run to in the forward line..replacing Levi permanently is difficult with list and current injuries

Dogs are ripe for the picking, a few niggles cropping up, some injuries and players not in their best form, like Smith, JJ, Bruce.

The tigers gave a blueprint of what needs to be done (though we're a little far from being the Tigers), they won't look as fearful as they may have if we got them at 7-0 coming off a win from the reigning premier.

If anytime we need Cripps to find a game of form it's this one, and Williams to play 4 quarters if fit, with a good supporting midfield cast doing their bit in SPS, Cunners, Dow, Setters, whomever is in.

Tigers did it without Dusty remember.

We have a chance of winning if our forwards and backline are in form.
It's as much about our midfield being able to get some good, fast ball into the forward line. Gotta beat the dogs in, before they can restructure and get numbers back to support Keath/Cordy/Wood, and actually put the ball in positions that benefit our forwards to mark or bring to ground and lock it in. Don't want fast chain of hands running rebounds out as they'll cut us up back the other way.

If we have a forward line of Levi tdk mackay we in trouble not enough pressure .. just play Levi one more week.. TDK replaces pitto when ready not sure he offers enough around the ground made a debut ruckman look like Polly farmer .. least Levi has some idea where he should try to run to in the forward line..replacing Levi permanently is difficult with list and current injuries
While I agree with most of what you say, Debut ruck had 19 hitouts and about 4 to advantage. Pitto comfortably beat him. Our midfield was not good in the Centre square

crocker is a hard leading forward option type that i would like to see in our senior side. although we have jsos gov and kennedy for this type of role crocker seems to do it much better but maybe it is because it is easier in the vfl.
Yes. Agree. His toughness is what we want. And Wooller has potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember last year when I said the dogs were a good team & you disagreed Well now look. This is a real challenge for our defensive intent and structures. We will not be able to "downhill ski" and win.

They are top 4 currently, I could see where they were heading despite beating us.o_O Others thought they were average.

We beat them last year by 52pts and again in 2019 by 44pts.

Dont know if MC will drop Gibbo and/or newnes. I would love to see JSOS, Williams, SPS and TDK come in but cant see that many changes happening.

Limit the bad entries inside 50, take our chances and we are a good chance here.

Cripps goal in the last yesterday might have got his mojo back - hopefully he tears them a new one.

While I agree with most of what you say, Debut ruck had 19 hitouts and about 4 to advantage. Pitto comfortably beat him. Our midfield was not good in the Centre square
That's what worries he - he can dominate hit outs but it is of
No use -- do you feel he is effective around the ground - personally rather have a second ruck and tdk -- but if must just tdk and pitto no Levi if he needs a break. Not sure of TDK forward craft

The Bulldogs hate the high ball coming in deep, and look nervy when there's a monster key forward sitting on one of their key defenders. Lynch tore them apart last week, but McKay was really troubling them in our match last year. Charlie kicked 7 the year before.

Huge battle in the midfield though.

Bulldogs also love to play tempo footy, which is not as big a factor for a team as defensively poor as us. They'll just keep flipping the ball around, and we'll do our usual half-corral and sweat on their kicking.

I'd love to be able to bring 2 gun small-forwards in this week.. Fish is good for one spot when fit (although I'd like to see him getting plenty of midfield minutes too, or at least centre square appearances) but don't think we have anyone else on our list, or at least no one who is ready to go.

Happy for Owies but not sure he is a longterm solution, Durdin young and doesn't have the form, Honey more medium-size.... opposition find it too easy and they’re too comfortable clearing the ball from D50 imo. Need them panicking a bit more - need that super zippy, high-pressure type harassing them.

Heard that Jamaras debut was going to be our game however didnt have a good game on the weekend let’s see if they pick him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Heard that Jamaras debut was going to be our game however didnt have a good game on the weekend let’s see if they pick him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jamarra held quiet by former Blue

Number one pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan however was held to just one goal and 10 disposals by former Carlton defender Ben Silvagni.

The Bullants clearly had a plan for him, sitting defenders in front of him, while Silvagni held his own all afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
JSOS for Gov, Williams for Dow.

Martin would be the one to come in for Gibbons, but guessing he's still a week or two away.

Reckon Murphy will probably come in for Betts. Eddie was due a rest even before that mark where he landed on his hip. Assuming Owies keeps his form up, I could see Murphy and Betts sharing a spot until Fisher is good to go.

Another week or two in the reserves for TDK.

Newnes or Cotters as sub, or LOB if there's an unexpected out we need to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back