Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good old FuxSports.....30 second betting ad to watch a 33 sec video, which is just a 5 sec clip replayed zoomed in and slo-mo.

And they are well known for fair and non-exaggerated headlines....a sickening hit?? Hardly.

This niggling, annoying stuff from defenders is a blight on our game anyway.....forwards should get a freebie now and then to stamp it out, not too many guys doing that sort of stuff to Plugger back in the day cause they know what would come if they did.

Good old FuxSports.....30 second betting ad to watch a 33 sec video, which is just a 5 sec clip replayed zoomed in and slo-mo.

And they are well known for fair and non-exaggerated headlines....a sickening hit?? Hardly.

This niggling, annoying stuff from defenders is a blight on our game anyway.....forwards should get a freebie now and then to stamp it out, not too many guys doing that sort of stuff to Plugger back in the day cause they know what would come if they did.

Was more interested that Shaq thought Collingwood over Richmond @ 2.50 H2H was a good bet :oops:

Was more interested that Shaq thought Collingwood over Richmond @ 2.50 H2H was a good bet :oops:
I love those ads. Anyone notice since they came out Collingwood have been utter s**t? Long may it continue!!!

not really like paddy to go and punch someone. Seems like a massive brain fade.
It kind of does if he was getting harassed by a niggly defender.

It kind of does if he was getting harassed by a niggly defender.
It's interesting because Aaron Black usually plays in attack and the early reports were that the Swans were going to play Paddy in Defense. I'm pretty sure that's how they used him in the first 2 rounds.

So unclear if Paddy was being harassed by a niggly defender or whether he was actually the niggly defender :think:

not really like paddy to go and punch someone. Seems like a massive brain fade.

What's his form been like?

He might have thought there was a pretty safe spot at the Swans mid season but now that they are flying it's not so sure.

If his forms been down maybe he cracked under a bit of pressure/stress given his desperation to play at the top level...

It's interesting because Aaron Black usually plays in attack and the early reports were that the Swans were going to play Paddy in Defense. I'm pretty sure that's how they used him in the first 2 rounds.

So unclear if Paddy was being harassed by a niggly defender or whether he was actually the niggly defender :think:
A change of scenery for ol Paddy

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw in the paper today Robbo was whining (rightfully so) about the teams not dropping on Thursday night anymore. Surprisingly the AFL put up a poll earlier asking fans when they want the teams released. as it stands, 95% want teams on Thursday night and 5% want it 24 hours before the game.

I love the teams dropping on Thursday. Good way to start the footy weekend by melting down over my favourite players being dropped again.

Saw in the paper today Robbo was whining (rightfully so) about the teams not dropping on Thursday night anymore. Surprisingly the AFL put up a poll earlier asking fans when they want the teams released. as it stands, 95% want teams on Thursday night and 5% want it 24 hours before the game.

I love the teams dropping on Thursday. Good way to start the footy weekend by melting down over my favourite players being dropped again.

Or as is the case this year us melting about “mercenaries” not being dropped again.

Pity Jackson Ferguson didn't do this to Aaron Black 8 years ago.

May have got rubbed out but have stopped Black kicking a bag on him and in doing so promptly ending the young Sydneysider's AFL career :think:
Omg I remember that game. We had a bunch of “honourable losses” to that point and just two wins but we hadn’t really gotten blown away.

then north kicked nine goals in the first term and I came to the realisation that a) footy sucked and b) Scott Watters was a rubbish coach. I quite enjoyed 2012 even though we didn’t make finals. I thought we were more exciting to watch back then.

Paddy McCartin: I love playing in the VFL. Guys are always patting my dodgy head for luck, pinching my belly to hear my girlish laugh
Tom McCartin: Hmmmmm, that’s doesn’t sound like they like you at all
Paddy: You know you’re right! First player who does it during the next game I’m gonna punch him in the back of the head!

Went to check out another couple of games in 2013 to see how it ended for Watters.

I forgot how much I hated 2013. Horrible season. But it ended with that great game against Freo we’re we abashed them coz they rested half their side.

Kosi kicking the goal was a magical moment and then had it ripped off him because of a score review showing he hit the post.

so that’s two things we have to say * you Tom Hawkins for now.

Really it was very pedantic umpiring by the video ref. Didn’t need to do a video review. Should have just left it be. Not like it had any bearing on anything.

also a bit strange to have a coach win his last two games and then get sacked. Even if yes they don’t count because they were “dead rubbers”

Gimme a spell :rolleyes:

I love those ads. Anyone notice since they came out Collingwood have been utter sh*t? Long may it continue!!!
Yes I must admit they are very good adds

But also think all gambling advertising should be banned in all forms of media

What? Eight weeks? I doubt it. Maybe five or six. It’s not quite as bad as Gaff. That was awful.

Yeah I agree, he’ll get a few less games as the impact of the incident wasn’t as high. No concussion and no broken jaw like in the Gaff one.

I’ll guess 6.

Stupid act but don’t think he was going for the head either.

I'm so sick of hearing about Collingwood. I actually want them to get good again so the media can talk about something else for a change.
Agreed. They are s***. The media needs to give it a rest. No one expected them to be a finals team this year after last years trade period. I listen to SEN most days, and they nonstop talk about him. It’s actually starting to get boring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back