chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I find that extremely hard to believe given his football journey after initially heading back to Hall's Creek disillusioned after missing on getting drafted and a year out of football through to agreeing to play for the Shepp Bears until Shane Radbone convinced him to head to Adelaide and play Ammo's as pathway to the AFL via Sturt....all that time working as a roofer. Then to have Marty Mattner speak in glowing terms about his efforts at Sturt to get up to SANFL fitness after coming from a long way back fitness wise.
An interview with Shane Radbone would be interesting for this forum’s podcast, whatever it is.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Imagine if he could develop into a 20-25 touch per game player with his skillset
I think it all comes down to what size engine he is able to develop. His skills are definitely high end enough to be that type of players, it's just if his fitness lets him get there.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Talent was always there, just a matter of if the mental side of it all clicked for him. Looks like it did, a credit to him because he put in a huge amount of effort in the SANFL through 2019.
Agreed but for me he is also an excitement machine. He can take a spectacular mark which will draw positive attention to the club as well. Its something we dont really have at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great signing. I liked this guy from the beginning. He just needed to find his feet and fitness. Let's hope he stays healthy.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tom Doedee ?? Day before the first game I reckon

You reckon we've offered Doedee a bit lower due to injury history though? Hope not, I'd just take the punt at his age and keep him, same with Milera. That deal doesn't bother me. Another 5 would be a problem.

On McAdam, great news, one of my favourite handful. Could be my favourite, I don't think a lot about it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
You reckon we've offered Doedee a bit lower due to injury history though? Hope not, I'd just take the punt at his age and keep him, same with Milera. That deal doesn't bother me. Another 5 would be a problem.

On McAdam, great news, one of my favourite handful. Could be my favourite, I don't think a lot about it.
I reckon he'll take 2 years to get him to FA, make sure he can see some continuity in his body. He's no danger of leaving IMO, so I'd give him whatever he wants.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Looks like he is one of those players that doesn't respond well to injuries. He did injure his ankle first round and he doesn't look like he has the mobility
Shoulder too.

Certainly looks like he's not coping well. Either needs to be rested.... Or if he's fit then dropped.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Looks like he is one of those players that doesn't respond well to injuries. He did injure his ankle first round and he doesn't look like he has the mobility

He looked to be struggling on the weekend, he covered the ground okay in the Freo game but had little influence. Hard to tell with the Hawks game as I can only go off the TV.

I think it's a bit of everything at the moment.

What the hell has happened to this guy? Bloated contract syndrome? Carrying an injury?

Wonder if we could dupe Carlton into giving us overs for him.

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
What the hell has happened to this guy? Bloated contract syndrome? Carrying an injury?

Wonder if we could dupe Carlton into giving us overs for him.

He either has an injury or he has forgotten how to football because he hasn’t been anywhere near it this year, very disappointing.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Keep getting the feeling he is being played out of position (or more accurately out of role).

He's primarily a marking forward, playing in the same forward line as Thilthorpe, Tex and Fogarty confused his role within the team and as such his performance suffered.

They seemed to try and turn him into a crumbing, pressure forward, which is just not what he was last year. This is particularly so when he played most of the year without Murphy. Compare and contrast last year playing with Murphy and Stengle providing pressure to this year just Jimmy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back