Discussion 2021 Help / General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could GAWN be GORN?

Watching the game on Sunday vs Norf, it seemed like Gawn was a bit out of place at times.

Has the inclusion of BBB been enough to upset the apple cart for Gawn's scoring capability?

Obviously, Melbourne seem intent on giving Jackson time in the ruck and with BBB added to the forward line, he seemed the main focal point down there.

So when Gawn isn't in the Ruck, what does he do? On Sunday he seemed to be doing a bit of everything and nothing.

Did Norf put a bit more time into him? Nothing seemed obvious to me.

Anyway, it's only 1 week but it got me thinking because usually he towels us up!

Could GAWN be GORN?

Watching the game on Sunday vs Norf, it seemed like Gawn was a bit out of place at times.

Has the inclusion of BBB been enough to upset the apple cart for Gawn's scoring capability?

Obviously, Melbourne seem intent on giving Jackson time in the ruck and with BBB added to the forward line, he seemed the main focal point down there.

So when Gawn isn't in the Ruck, what does he do? On Sunday he seemed to be doing a bit of everything and nothing.

Did Norf put a bit more time into him? Nothing seemed obvious to me.

Anyway, it's only 1 week but it got me thinking because usually he towels us up!

He just played poorly + a lot of Gawn's points come from intercept possessions, he was still stationed behind the ball for a lot of the game but North avoided him well.

They also did a good job at sharking the majority of his hitouts when he won them, but it was a pretty even contest between him and Goldy.

6 kicks, 2 of which were from uncontested marks and then he went backwards (worthless), maybe more but I can only remember 2 off the top of my head.

Don't think BBB had much to do with his performance.

He just played poorly + a lot of Gawn's points come from intercept possessions, he was still stationed behind the ball for a lot of the game but North avoided him well.

They also did a good job at sharking the majority of his hitouts when he won them, but it was a pretty even contest between him and Goldy.

6 kicks, 2 of which were from uncontested marks and then he went backwards (worthless), maybe more but I can only remember 2 off the top of my head.

Don't think BBB had much to do with his performance.

It was his worst, non injury affected score since Round 21, 2017... and against Norf.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be Sandra Sully here, but has it been officially stated by the AFL that all teams will be announced on Thursday nights starting from this week?

This is for you ImissFrosty ......Concussion, what's concussion ?

Gotta feel bad for some of those blokes, the ramifications of those head knocks could be disastrous. Absolute blind courage.
Don't take anything away from the current players, they still go in hard, harder than any other sport on the planet still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back