Autopsy Autopsy vs Melbourne - Round 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's all the posters being like "we are the worst since Fitzroy/Mark Neeld era-Melbourne/club is a shambles and the admin are to blame/worst start since the 19th century"? Isn't it true anymore?

Im more excited by this group than any other we've had in 20 years.

I put it down to instant gratification. Reminds of videos ive seen where people are offered a bar of silver worth $100 or a $2 chocolate bar, almost all said they had no use for the silver and took the chocolate.

Where's all the posters being like "we are the worst since Fitzroy/Mark Neeld era-Melbourne/club is a shambles and the admin are to blame/worst start since the 19th century"? Isn't it true anymore?
I think it's more a case of "so many clouds to yell at, so little time" for the Chicken Little crew that inhabit this place.

We haven't come within 5 goals of a side in 7 games and you're in here beating your chest about getting one up on those critical of the way this rebuild has been conducted?

Last edited:
The umpires have become very sneaky, it is now more often the Non-Calls that are much easier to dismiss and criticise, than blatant "mistakes" that are hurting us more often than not.
I would like to give some kudos to the umpire who was bouncing the ball at the centre bounce, he could actually do it. It may have been the day or the surface, but that was the best bouncing I have seen in about 25 years. It got to the point where the ruckmen were grappling because they were waiting for the ball to come down. I think they were a bit shocked.

Really like some of it, didn't like some of it. Forward line is easily our worst third of the ground, very little damage and ability to influence the game. At least we have a pretty clear trade/draft target for the next year or so.

Not sure what Phillips is meant to do well because he hasn't shown much so far but thinking a run in the VFL is still the best thing for him to get significant midfield minutes. Seems we are intent on training Thomas in there at the moment. So maybe swap him back after a couple of weeks.

Would be disappointed if we didn't try Garner next week. We have no impact from our marking HF, an area I thought was strength coming into the year. Taylor likely to be the one to make way.

Here's hoping we get a few back over the next month and really attack the second half of the year.

I would like to give some kudos to the umpire who was bouncing the ball at the centre bounce, he could actually do it. It may have been the day or the surface, but that was the best bouncing I have seen in about 25 years. It got to the point where the ruckmen were grappling because they were waiting for the ball to come down. I think they were a bit shocked.
I agree; there must be some small consolation for a succession of a series of shocking decisions in the first part of the last qtr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even this comment “happy he’s no longer at North” is so disappointing. I mean sure you can think that he wouldn’t be a good fit for the side now but he was brilliant for us. He deserves a bit of respect.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeap, I wanted him to stay, I didn't want him tieing up $750,000 a year based on last years form but I still wanted him at the club. I was hoping he would be given an opportunity to find that money elsewhere and if he couldn't he would come back and sign on for 450,000 at North. Be good to learn in a book one day what exactly went down. Was that ever an option?

We haven't come within 5 goals of a side in 7 games and you're in here beating your chest about getting one up on those critical of the way this rebuild has been conducted?

You’re good value, but what part of “full rebuild” is so ambiguous? If we were getting belted by 100 points week in week out I’d be panicking too. But we have the worst injury list in the comp and are improving week on week. I’m sick of the ******* snowflakes polluting this board by melting down all the time. And too *en right when their hysteria is revealed as exactly that - hysteria - I will have a little gloat.

Awesome first half but we ran out of legs and applied less pressure allowing Melbourne to dictate play most of the second half. The kids were really good against a quality team so a lot to look forwsrd to over the coming years.

Campbell was really good today and has vindicated Noble' s faith in him. Really looking forward to having some senior players come back in to support the younger blokes. I think we will win a couple of games by the end of the year but the improvement is plain to see.

In the end, the better team won and while a lot of posters on here think they will get bailed out quickly in finals, I disagree. They did enough to win after a pretty big game last week against the Tiges. In previous years they would have dropped that game.

We have a ripper in Powell, he is going to be a star.

Go Roos

I had the ABC radio on. No blind eye there. They were discussing who will come in to replace Fritsch when he's on holiday next week.

Staggering. The bias is disgraceful (not limited to North either). Certain players get a good bloke discount applied by the mainstream media while an opponent is still hitting the deck whilst others are hung, drawn and quartered based on split second decisions because of who they are. Football media from the main broadcasters actually harms the game IMO.

You’re good value, but what part of “full rebuild” is so ambiguous? If we were getting belted by 100 points week in week out I’d be panicking too. But we have the worst injury list in the comp and are improving week on week. I’m sick of the ******* snowflakes polluting this board by melting down all the time. And too fu**en right when their hysteria is revealed as exactly that - hysteria - I will have a little gloat.

Yeah, we're flying. No cause for concern.

Realistically if we played more than a half of footy and won that game, we'd have people in here whinging about how we can't lose pick #1.

I'd much rather the people who have standards for our performances, who then go quiet when we do put in an improved performance, than those who want us to lose at all costs.

The bottom line is that we are s**t. This is the worst start since X. We have not come within 5 goals of any side in 9 matches of football. It's silly to come in and gloat about how people who aren't happy about this are slightly quieter this week when we competed for a half against the top side, compared to when we got belted by 120 odd points.

Last edited:
Coaches votes just dropped.

North Melbourne v Melbourne
10 Bayley Fritsch (MELB)
8 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)
3 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
3 Christian Salem (MELB)
3 Christian Petracca (MELB)
2 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
1 Luke Jackson (MELB)

Telling votes. Very close split given the final scoreline.

Staggering. The bias is disgraceful (not limited to North either). Certain players get a good bloke discount applied by the mainstream media while an opponent is still hitting the deck whilst others are hung, drawn and quartered based on split second decisions because of who they are. Football media from the main broadcasters actually harms the game IMO.
? By mainstream media are you referring to the TV or radio broadcast that I mentioned? I didn't think the radio commentators sugar coated anything.

Coaches votes just dropped.

North Melbourne v Melbourne
10 Bayley Fritsch (MELB)
8 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)
3 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
3 Christian Salem (MELB)
3 Christian Petracca (MELB)
2 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
1 Luke Jackson (MELB)

Petracca stands out for me. Thought he was pretty average. Jy had a better game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back