Round 7 Rising Star

Le Archie

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Powell going to win the award overall but I think Jones deserves it this week - was more impactful than Powell, Jackson was also very good but worse than Powell imo.
5 contested marks in your 7th game of footy is super impressive. The all time record is Carey with 10 and the all time Essendon record is 9 by Lloyd for context.

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
Yes but that was Jackson's first outstanding game for The Dees this season. Powell has been in North's best players every game he and they have played this season.

No doubt Jackson is going to be an absolute star but I believe they should reward Powell for his body of work and consistency so far.

He has not put one foot wrong. And North fans could do with an emotional lift as well.
Jackson has been good all year, but was just as good against Richmond on Anzac eve in the wet, so it wasn't an isolated stand out game.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
5 contested marks in your 7th game of footy is super impressive. The all time record is Carey with 10 and the all time Essendon record is 9 by Lloyd for context.
I thought Naughton broke that a couple of years ago, or did he just come close? That game against Richmond I think it was.

giphy.gif

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol no.

It’s up there with Fannings record as near on unbreakable.
Fair enough, mate. I just remember Naughton taking a whole heap of contested marks one game and for some reason I thought he got near the record.

Powell may be the classic consistency but without one over the top that sees him get shoehorned in either during the bye weeks or at about Round 18. Wouldn’t worry about him, he will get one.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't really care and Powell looks a ripper but he's a mid, Jackson is a 19 year old ruck who had 22 touches and kicked one.
Natanui has had 9 marks for the year, Jackson has had 25. He's a ******* star

Exactly. Jackson had a massive influence on that game. Gawn was getting beat. Jackson came in the middle against a veteran Goldstein, and beat him - help turning momentum for the Dees.

Powell, as good as he might be, was barely noticeable, and whilst put in a serviceable effort, had no where near the influence Jackson had. Jackson’s game was as good as I’ve seen for a young key player. He is just a special player. Won’t do it every week. Powell will probably do what he done most weeks so he will get his nomination eventually, just not over a performance Jackson put in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fat Tony!

Team Captain
May 17, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jackson's game shows traits of Marshall, Bontempelli and Blicavs. If he can really perfect his overhead marking and goal kicking he will be a superstar because they are the only things holding him back.

Back