Preview Changes: Round 8 Vs Brisbane Lions + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season's / JL is in an odd spot. I think our transition to the forwardline has improved out of sight but it seems to be at the cost of our defensive structure through the midfield and down back some what. While I wont give the backline a pass on the tripe they put together on the weekend, Hughes and Ryan out on top of Hamling / Pearce was likely always a bridge too far when the midfield got pantsed on transition. It's been markedly worse than last year even ignoring the weekend.

At the moment, JL gets a massive tick for me on his gameplan. I've seen elite transition, defence and attack across two years, just not if rarely all at once. From all accounts the players love him, another tick. He got left a lot to be desire with gameday coaching and instilling some hardness into the players though.

Genuinely believe we can still play finals

It was seriously bemusing.

We haven't been playing world beating opposition, and Treacy hasn't been Josh Kennedy, but our structure, our ball movement our marks inside 50 had all improved markedly...so you come up against the club that kill us in their back half MINUS the two players we keep kicking the ball to and you remove one of the players that helped change things.

Muppetry...
All of a sudden Freddy is getting the ball bombed on his head again and Oscar Allen is allowed to concentrate on one player only...because Lobb is currently an inanimate carbon rod
We didn't get killed from their back half. We got killed in the middle and front half...

What is our backline going to look like against Brissie? Ryan, Hughes, Chapman going to play?
This?

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to play midfield (rotating to half forward) or not at all. Not impacting either way as a small forward. Why didn't they throw him in the middle yesterday?

He is too small and slow. short people need to have standout class/speed/smarts. Not just be battlers. He tries hard and I like his attitude, but unfortunately I don't think he can succeed at AFL level.

We need bigger guys like Acres and Tucker to play with the attitude of someone like Crowden. Because Crowden doing it himself will be ineffectual.

I've said it many times, but we have to reduce the amount of short people on our list. WC had 1 player under 180cm. We had Serong, Walters, Schultz, Colyer, Crowden. And it seems the likes of Giro, Western and Henry are waiting in the wings. Switta when he's fit. Maybe more incoming at end of the year.

He is too small and slow. short people need to have standout class/speed/smarts. Not just be battlers. He tries hard and I like his attitude, but unfortunately I don't think he can succeed at AFL level.

We need bigger guys like Acres and Tucker to play with the attitude of someone like Crowden. Because Crowden doing it himself will be ineffectual.

I've said it many times, but we have to reduce the amount of short people on our list. WC had 1 player under 180cm. We had Serong, Walters, Schultz, Colyer, Crowden. And it seems the likes of Giro, Western and Henry are waiting in the wings. Switta when he's fit. Maybe more incoming at end of the year.

Lobb is our tallest player, he's got a heart the size of a pea

Yep if you're a small you have to be extra special.
A good tall will always beat a good small.

And then you have the mighty mosquito fleet that is Richmond...

I don’t mind small as long as they’re fast.

Fast or clever. I don’t think Baker is overly fast but gets by on footy smarts.

On Crowden, he’s fast enough but doesn’t use it enough to his advantage. Can’t see him making it at AFL level. Ok depth though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back