Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. North Melbourne, MRVL Sat 08/05 @ 4:35 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t play anyone who will not be on the list next year, plus crisp and Maynard to the guts Steele forward, Pendles to the wing.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given the unexpected and spirited showing North displayed against the top of the table Melbourne all I can say is........

Gulp.

If they can summon the same level of hardness they displayed in round 15 of 2019 then......

Gulp again.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
And who will lead us to a premiership as a key forward? Cox went bloody close. Took only one less contested mark in a final than Wayne Carey who holds the record. Charlie Dixon has about the same stats as Cox yet no-one questions the idea that he may spearhead Port in a grand final. Development of players who have a future is one thing- I recall Tony Shaw giving countless games to Godden, Jason Wild and many to players whose names I have long forgotten. If it makes you feel good pumping games into young players who aren't good enough , I'm happy for you. I don't want to play that game. I don't think Keane is going to be a premiership defender, do you? Should we axe him now?

We have already introduced five new kids and they will get plenty more looks this year. That is more than enough. Bianco will get his chance and that will mean just about our whole contingent of draftees will have had a run. Reef looks a year or two away. In the meantime, Cameron will continue to be a ruckman who can bag a goal or two up forward occasionally but does not present the same problems as Cox. He was out-bodied on a number of occasions by smaller opponents and did not look dangerous. Do you think Cameron in the goal square is going to bring us a premiership? If not, why persist?

Let me add this observation: Cox is fun to watch. Yes, he drops the occasional mark and gets pushed under the pill, but he also brings the crowd alive when he is on. When he showed his new baulking and dummy selling tricks in his last couple of games the crowd went crazy. We have very few entertaining players. We are dour and boring for most of the time. There is a palpable excitement in the air when Cox launches for a mark or takes off with the pill in hand.
When he retires he will have a bloody good highlights package for a seven foot basketballer many brand a spud.
He can’t get a kick in the twos ffs the bloke is no good. He will not be at Collingwood next year

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Honestly hope he isn't. What he did last year to get suspended("home brew"),leave half through the year and make no effort to get back. Add the fact he cost us the Brisbane game. He is cooked.

That wasn't in my thinking when l say the club may look at him as some value on the trade table. The club needs to get back into the draft, after snaring Daicos, plus we need to set ourselves up for the free agency market whether that is this year, or next year, considering Ben King is out of contract in 2022. Sidey isn't the only one l would look at as possible trades, Cox, Sier, Crisp are others l would strongly consider, as we need to get a key forward and a clearance mid at all costs.

Matrix10

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
That wasn't in my thinking when l say the club may look at him as some value on the trade table. The club needs to get back into the draft, after snaring Daicos, plus we need to set ourselves up for the free agency market whether that is this year, or next year, considering Ben King is out of contract in 2022. Sidey isn't the only one l would look at as possible trades, Cox, Sier, Crisp are others l would strongly consider, as we need to get a key forward and a clearance mid at all costs.

Think you are on the money there, Dead Eye Dids, other clubs will see some value in him , we see him weekly , know how ineffective his dinky kicks are, the commentators without fail, mention, how good he is by foot, next second, clanger , over and over, these last 2 seasons he has gotten progressively worse, would have to be one of the most over rated players i have seen in our jumper. buy low, sell high .

mwhop

All Australian
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
All the kids have been totally gassed midway through the third quarter every week. Also they are skinny as twigs.

Yeah , we need to develop the youth , but there's no need to clutch at straws. We are all frustrated at the current situation.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The is no future with Cox... Did you notice how well the VFL forward line functioned without the Texan, and with the 18 year old Ollie Henry? He was able to lead into space, take some awesome grabs, had a hand in a few assists as well, like a true forward and he is part of the future. Cox is just a curiosity in football, and frankly, I'm bored of him.
He also did that against essendon with cox playing...

This week better weather and more confidence maybe

Strangely enough we probably have a better chance of winning at Marvel than we would at the MCG.Our record at the MCG has been diabolical this year.

Our Only game we won this year was the G

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
He can’t get a kick in the twos ffs the bloke is no good. He will not be at Collingwood next year
Getting the arse from Collingwood doesn't mean you are no good. Stevo, Treloar, Aish, Phillips and Seedsman say hi.
Yep. Cox is no good. Can't get a kick in the ressies but can tear apart a premiership defense in a preliminary final, kick a bag in a Queens Birthday clash and humiliate the eagles defense in front of 60000 fans. Spud.
😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back