Autopsy Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *CROUCH 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark's second goal. The handball he gets from king is low. The way he takes the ball in one hand is as smooth as it gets.

The centre clearance was won by Byrnes who gave it off to Bytel to start it off.

Sweet.

C2H7fZA.png

That is excellent! The style I had in mind was a bit more of a modern typeface with highlighted passages, a bit like below, but your version is far superior. I love the neon signature; nice touch!

Surely there's someone among us who's got nothing better to do than trawl through Gringo's considerable posting archive and compile a best of. He is an auteur who needs celebrating.
Adobe_Post_20210501_2156570.5975602266298502.png

Clark's second goal. The handball he gets from king is low. The way he takes the ball in one hand is as smooth as it gets.

His hands are incredible. To be a dual sided kick but also have some of the quickest and smoothest hands around just makes him special.

Also, Higgins very unlucky to not get a free kick here to kick for his 5th with CJ's arm completely wrapped around his neck.

That is excellent! The style I had in mind was a bit more of a modern typeface with highlighted passages, a bit like below, but your version is far superior. I love the neon signature; nice touch!

Surely there's someone among us who's got nothing better to do than trawl through Gringo's considerable posting archive and compile a best of. He is an auteur who needs celebrating.
View attachment 1117979
This sounds like something I would do.

Except he is making more as an NFL punter than nearly every AFL player this year.
Well that’s good for him. I’m really glad he’s been able to make it somewhere. Incidentally which team does he play for? I don’t have an NFL team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

𝐀𝐅𝐋𝐂𝐀 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬
10 - Zak Jones
7 - Bradley Hill
6 - Jack Sinclair
3 - Seb Ross
3 - Brad Crouch
1 - Hunter Clark

12 - Steele (3)
10 - Jones, Membrey
7 - Crouch (2), Hill
6 - Gresham, Sinclair
5 - Billings
4 - King, Ross (2)
3 - Clark (2)
2 - Marshall

Last edited:

Add to that, the first handball he received from Steele was too high! And Clark took that in one mitt as well!

From a recent Brad Hill article:

'Ratten was pleased with Hill’s defensive efforts as much as his offensive drive, with Hill acknowledging that had stemmed from a change in thinking.
“I had a different mindset, just bringing that effort and intensity, and that then helped with my offensive stuff, so if I bring that effort, everything else will come together,” Hill said.'

I just watched the replay and damn Webster was a machine! A complete team player, and wasn't beaten by his man either. He had the spoils, smothers, shephards, body on the line, and even making leads just to drag his man with him to create space for others. He was fantastic!

He won't get Brownlow votes, he didn't get coaches votes. But I'll keep an eye on the B&F later in the year because he better poll highly this match, faultless and couldn't ask for anything more.

A few of those were outside of our control.

From memory
Fletcher wanted more $$ but was a massive loss.
Carr wanted to go home to Perth
Smith- well Hawthorn threw a big guaranteed contract at him.
Guerra was a flashy FP that Clarko transformed
Kickett- can't recall.

Cuz... well that still sticks in my throat. Rather than supporting him through a real tough time, we thought he was too much trouble.

A lot of blokes in the 80's were sold simply so the club should survive. The debt on the F$%^ing grandstand cooked the club for decades.

Losing Winmar hurt...a part of my love for footy died when he left. I Idolised the guy growing up. Great to see him back around the club though.

If anyone can put themselves through the torture go back and watch his last quarter against Richmond. About the only good thing to come out of that game was watching Hunter Clark's hands in traffic. He has use of his hands that defy physics. He doesn't fumble and his precision and quick thinking to work out an option where there shouldn't be one is actually better than Pendles who he gets comparisons to. He has basketballers hands. He's going to be something unique and will get some attention as he starts to gain confidence and consistency. He's just quietly sneaking up the order of our best players.

I just watched the replay and damn Webster was a machine! A complete team player, and wasn't beaten by his man either. He had the spoils, smothers, shephards, body on the line, and even making leads just to drag his man with him to create space for others. He was fantastic!

He won't get Brownlow votes, he didn't get coaches votes. But I'll keep an eye on the B&F later in the year because he better poll highly this match, faultless and couldn't ask for anything more.

Unfortunately he had his best game on the same night a lot of others did and got lost in the crowd. Even if the review meetings highlight his selflessness it should keep him motivated. He's held up pretty well so far this year. I had him on the scrap heap but he's been solid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back