List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
We won’t be trading DeGoey and we would be stupid to do so. Why trade him to another club for fu** all and see him dominate every other week? We will have a new coach next year so a lot of players will get a fresh chance
But De Goey has finished in the top 10 of the COpeland Once in what, 7 years. I seriously doubt he truly dominates at another club anyway.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Degoey has a lot more value to us next year at FA.
So we can potentially risk letting him walk if he is a UFA and if he is a RFA, then we can either let him walk or trade him when his value has either stayed the same or dropped?

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So we can potentially risk letting him walk if he is a UFA and if he is a RFA, then we can either let him walk or trade him when his value has either stayed the same or dropped?
If he leaves we will get compo. He has no currency with this court case, and there’s no reason to trade him this year. No team is touching his salary atm, and I’d prefer to not be paying another player to play for another team

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he leaves we will get compo. He has no currency with this court case, and there’s no reason to trade him this year. No team is touching his salary atm, and I’d prefer to not be paying another player to play for another team
A priority pick for De Goey would be a late first at best. 2nd Round at worst. Both of which are worst then some team would pay for him this season. This also gives us more points to match for Daicos which means less debt in 2022. I genuinely believe by not trading him this year, his value will decrease. We have to strike while the iron is somewhat hot

A priority pick for De Goey would be a late first at best. 2nd Round at worst. Both of which are worst then some team would pay for him this season. This also gives us more points to match for Daicos which means less debt in 2022. I genuinely believe by not trading him this year, his value will decrease. We have to strike while the iron is somewhat hot
If he’s offered more than $650k post COVID it’s basically band 1. You’re seriously underestimating the compo he’d net.

There’s no good reason why we couldn’t have done the same thing that Sydney did with Tippett, that’s on us and Beams, not the AFL. I can only assume that Beams refused to be put on the rookie list and wanted his payout immediately. It sounds like a very Beams thing to do.
Maybe they did it because us fans were so ******* sick of Beams and his bullshit. Came back to haunt us for our impatience?

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Usually at this time of year I'd be enthusiastic about us suddenly finding some cap space to chase a Kelly, Merrett... hell even a Cripps/Bont if they were open to the conversation.

This year I'm trying to even build some belief that we might land a player like the Weid... even still I can't see it happening with the way we have traded in recent years!

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Usually at this time of year I'd be enthusiastic about us suddenly finding some cap space to chase a Kelly, Merrett... hell even a Cripps/Bont if they were open to the conversation.

This year I'm trying to even build some belief that we might land a player like the Weid... even still I can't see it happening with the way we have traded in recent years!
I hope the club has something up his sleeve because after a bottom 4 finish and only getting daicos, that’s a long way short of what we need

Maybe they did it because us fans were so ******* sick of Beams and his bullshit. Came back to haunt us for our impatience?
I can’t imagine that the club would self implode in such a manner for the sake of the fans irritation over Beams....

I can’t imagine that the club would self implode in such a manner for the sake of the fans irritation over Beams....
I agree but if impatience by the club was an issue, it’s hard to be critical without feeling hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back