Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Colour me optimistic but outside of the bottom end of WR and CB, I'm struggling to pick holes in the roster. That's not to say the team can't and shouldn't try to improve through trades or releases (Jamison Crowder, I'm looking at you) but BB the GM has done a masterful job through Free Agency and the NFL Draft this season.
Do you project Jones to start day 1? I think Newton still has something to give, but I'm excited to see what Jones can do

Do you project Jones to start day 1? I think Newton still has something to give, but I'm excited to see what Jones can do
It would please me greatly if Jones beat out a much improved Newton for the starting job as I'm genuinely excited to see Jones lead the Offence however, Belichick has an affinity for veterans so Cam will be given every opportunity to retain starter status.

It would please me greatly if Jones beat out a much improved Newton for the starting job as I'm genuinely excited to see Jones lead the Offence however, Belichick has an affinity for veterans so Cam will be given every opportunity to retain starter status.

And rightly so, Cam's start to the year was encouraging ...... after he returned from Covid ........ not so much.

That said, I do like the thought of Jones pressing hard in OTA's and narrowing the gap.

Internal pressure from the depth chart, is always the best sort of pressure, for any team to progress onward and upward.

I mean Jones hasn’t even thrown a pass yet, and we all know how Cam went last season. Also big question on how Hightower comes back and Van Noy didn’t exactly do well in Miami so LB is uncertain.
Nothing wrong with taking a Devil's Advocate approach it's more I appreciate addressing the many and varied holes our roster had with quality Free Agents and impressively credentialed College Football players.

Hopefully Newton stinks it up early like late last season while the defense leads you to victories for your sake. 🤗

Mac has to learn the Perkins-Erchardt system which isn't easy to learn. It'll take time. What Belichick has installed for Newton is more what Newton is familiar with at Carolina.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
If anyone can learn it in their first preseason it's Mac I would've thought

Just read that Damiere Byrd has joined the Bears that frees up # 10.

So I reckon our QB of the next decade will be MJ10.

I am quietly and cautiously optimistic of the chances of Mac Jones becoming a very serviceable QB and leader for us going forward.
His personality, his character, his game management style and his skill set has just screamed PATRIOTS for the last six months.

I think McDaniels and Belichick will be able to utilise MJ10's skill set to get the max out of him.

Unless he has a real ball burster of a season I think Cam will be playing his last season as a Patriot in the 21/22 season, after which the team will belong to MJ10.
If I am wrong and Cam plays well enough to get a new contract, then its still a win/win, as the extra year or two that Jones spends learning behind Cam won't hurt his development.

Much is written about the complexity of the New England play book, but if all the talk of how smart MJ10 is and how high his footy IQ is true, then that will be the least of his problems.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do we chase Julio Jones? Does he want to come to foxboro? Wouldn’t be paying exorbitant collateral to get him given his age but surely we’d depart with a 2nd rounder??
Depends on the medical and reworking his contract. After Sanu, I'm not enamoured with the idea of trading with the Falcons.

If he wants to come we’d be silly not too! Instantly upgrades the whole offense not only with his own matchup but if we’re in 12 personnel which I assume we will see a lot this year it makes it hard for the defense to be right. At the moment defenses will bet on being able to go one on one with our wideouts as they aren’t scared off leaving CBs one on one with Agholor, Meyers, Harry and Bourne but defenses won’t want to leave Julio one on one. Which means Jonnu, Henry or White is going to have a mismatch and if they are somehow all covered Cam is gunna have a free 10 yards! I hope like hell this move happens but I don’t think we see it

So do we chase Julio Jones? Does he want to come to foxboro? Wouldn’t be paying exorbitant collateral to get him given his age but surely we’d depart with a 2nd rounder??

Jones to Jones ........ I like that. :thumbsu:

Buffalo
Jets
Dolphins

Trying to keep up with the Jones's.

Not sure if you guys have seen this but if not worth a look, gives pretty good insight into what Sark asked Mac to do in his time at bama. Most if not all of the bama footage is of Tua but you can see he doesn't change his system, as he will tell you multiple time sin the video "that's what we do". Also like how he mentions he can run the offense from under centre aswell.........Mac Jones has like 11 snaps under centre last year. Anyway it's a great watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back