Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Cockburn

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The things that I really like about Brander the most is his compossure when he gets the ball in hand and that he has the smarts and vision to be proactive when he needs to be. This guy has attributes to be a very good midfielder but we actually need to get a decent midfield coach to develop him. Reckon Sam Mitchell would have done wonders for his development.

The things that I really like about Brander the most is his compossure when he gets the ball in hand and that he has the smarts and vision to be proactive when he needs to be. This guy has attributes to be a very good midfielder but we actually need to get a decent midfield coach to develop him. Reckon Sam Mitchell would have done wonders for his development.

He also raises his arms to keep them free as soon as the tackle comes. Almost none of our players do that.

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
On watching the replay, I think what amazes me most is how Dermott manages to say nothing of substance with such confidence.

I don't disagree but think he's got better in last few years - or at least, I've just been beaten into submission. He's more likeable to me than, say, eddie or BT or brayshaw (insufferable) etc etc etc.

Can't they just get some actually bloody broadcasters on there, like papalia clones?

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s also very clean below his knees. Could teach cripp and a few other about it.

Cripps is fumbly anywhere. I've only watched a few minutes of the replay so far and Langdon positions himself really well for a crumb off the pack which doesn't work out, so he follows up by diving on the ball, winning it, firing out an attacking handball that Cripps simply has to take cleanly and snap for a goal.

If Cripps had the ability to make something of that hard work I'm sure more people would be stopping to praise Legdon's effort.

It reminded me of one Rioli did similar involving a spin as well, and I reckon in that instance Cripps managed to get it on his boot and kick the goal without ever truly taking clean possession.

He's in the side primarily for his defensive attributes, but when he adds to that with goals, we almost always win (20W, 3L from the last 23 games Cripps has kicked 2+)

WCEswift

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Philly Eagles, Boston Red Sox
Either way cripps or langdon, cameron kicked 3 on the weekend

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Brander game was a beauty, worked hard to cover the defender, ran hard forward to kick goals. Has good game sense and foot skills. He seems to have more confidence

On watching the replay, I think what amazes me most is how Dermott manages to say nothing of substance with such confidence.

And with so many words.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
FKASC something I'd assume you would have noticed. Reddo's tackling numbers have taken a hit since covid and averaging less than he did in his debut season.
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 9.27.20 PM.png

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
FKASC something I'd assume you would have noticed. Reddo's tackling numbers have taken a hit since covid and averaging less than he did in his debut season.
View attachment 1118167
Yeah it shits me to tears.

He used to be a tackling machine at Brisbane, tapered off, now he just jogs alongside like Sheed.

He can be effective in low pressure games when the mids are on top but can’t have too many of these slow mids who only want to play receiver roles

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah it shits me to tears.

He used to be a tackling machine at Brisbane, tapered off, now he just jogs alongside like Sheed.

He can be effective in low pressure games when the mids are on top but can’t have too many of these slow mids who only want to play receiver roles
Yeah I agree but both have had been catalysts in moments we wrestled back momentum. Sheed was instrumental in the come back against dog. Redden maybe getting towards the end but his form overall doesn't show that he totally out of it. Both Sheed and Redden showed in the 2018 finals that they had play lift with intensity. The thing is that if these two bring the intensity every week and actually dominate, it puts less pressure on the shoulders of Kelly and Gaff.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 9.56.57 PM.png

I was looking at this game from 2019 when you replies. This was in Adelaide and we came from behind to win an important game. Since 2018 this has to be one if not the best/complete performance from our midfield

Sheed 31 touches, 11 clearances, 6 inside 50s and 22 contested possessions
Redden 27 touches, 15 tackles and 12 cp's
Gaff 33 touches and 9 marks
Shuey 33 touches, 10 tackles, 10 clearances, 6 inside 50's and 16 cp's
Yeo 27 touches 15 tackles, 9 clearances and 17 cp's

Literally that midfield end up getting the job done in the end.

Yeah I agree but both have had been catalysts in moments we wrestled back momentum. Sheed was instrumental in the come back against dog. Redden maybe getting towards the end but his form overall doesn't show that he totally out of it. Both Sheed and Redden showed in the 2018 finals that they had play lift with intensity. The thing is that if these two bring the intensity every week and actually dominate, it puts less pressure on the shoulders of Kelly and Gaff.

View attachment 1118179

I was looking at this game from 2019 when you replies. This was in Adelaide and we came from behind to win an important game. Since 2018 this has to be one if not the best/complete performance from our midfield

Sheed 31 touches, 11 clearances, 6 inside 50s and 22 contested possessions
Redden 27 touches, 15 tackles and 12 cp's
Gaff 33 touches and 9 marks
Shuey 33 touches, 10 tackles, 10 clearances, 6 inside 50's and 16 cp's
Yeo 27 touches 15 tackles, 9 clearances and 17 cp's

Literally that midfield end up getting the job done in the end.

Gw0Px.gif

Back