Preview Sydney Swans vs Melbourne Demons, Saturday May 8 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor was judged not to have a place at Brisbane going back to 2019, a rapidly improving team, not completely unlike ourselves this year so far. It's not just last year his critics are basing it on. We've got him until end of next year anyway, but unless he dominates at ressies (instead of racking up touches without doing anything special) and makes a certain role his own, then we should play kids with more potential (and showing ressies form) in front of him.
I think he was brought in as depth. Right age profile. Can play mid/forward. We did have a lot of young players and would probably need chop outs. Injuries could occur. He was insurance. As I said right age profile. But our young recruits have excelled and he is largely not needed. We paid too much insurance.

If I was a betting man I’d get onto that.

But I’m not a betting man because I know betting is stupid so forget I said anything.
What! Surely you have been convinced by those relentless ads for betting apps. Mark Wahlberg is making a killing with Ladbrokes betting on anthing that moves. Brown keeps cropping up pre game to give the odds. You cant lose. stuff the kids and the mortgage im in!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bayley Fritsch, Melbourne, has been charged with Striking Tom Powell, North Melbourne, during the second quarter of the Round Seven match between North Melbourne and Melbourne, played at Blundstone Arena on Sunday, May 2, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Medium impact and the kid didn't come back on the ground after the incident. Yet in the VFL McCartin is seen as severe and the player played out the remainder of the game. Just bizarre.
Thought the same thing.
That elbow to the head was brutal.

McCartins slap was stupid but let’s be honest, Black looks like he deserved it.

Medium impact and the kid didn't come back on the ground after the incident. Yet in the VFL McCartin is seen as severe and the player played out the remainder of the game. Just bizarre.

Take the fact that it was a Sydney related player no way McCartin wasn’t being graded severe.

A week is right for Fitch who played a great game anyway. Powell showed no signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind of ticked off I can't make this one - Top 4 clash and all. Dammit!!

Pre-Covid I've managed to make it to the G for the last 3 matches we've played the Dees. If work hadn't been so crazy I'd have had my hotel & tickets booked, conversely it probably saved me a fortune in cancellations. Sigh.

What! Surely you have been convinced by those relentless ads for betting apps. Mark Wahlberg is making a killing with Ladbrokes betting on anthing that moves. Brown keeps cropping up pre game to give the odds. You cant lose. stuff the kids and the mortgage im in!

and shaq!

I think he was brought in as depth. Right age profile. Can play mid/forward. We did have a lot of young players and would probably need chop outs. Injuries could occur. He was insurance. As I said right age profile. But our young recruits have excelled and he is largely not needed. We paid too much insurance.
That's the nature of insurance. You never know until afterwards.

I think they will play Weideman so they will be equally as tall

Highly doubt they will. Ascot is they looked tall last week and only got better when they moved one of them out of the forward line.

I was actually a bit disappointed at the “Buddy back” news.

Like Ben Brown coming into the Demons, or Cameron into the Cats - the introduction of a new “demanding” forward upsets the team cohesion for a while.

Buddy is an asset if he plays consistently. But if he appears sporadically, I see it as a problem.

Highly doubt they will. Ascot is they looked tall last week and only got better when they moved one of them out of the forward line.

Perhaps. But I don't think they will play him in the VFL for the 3rd time after having 2 really good games. I'd be more worried about him then Brown tbh. Think Weideman comes in for Fritsch and T Mac goes back. Viney is also likely to miss. Harmes will come in for him.

The Dees board is hilarious. The whole first page has no mention of Fritsch out. Now they say Weid for him. Spargo for Viney. Petty for Tomlinson. A weaker team then what it was v North.

Perhaps. But I don't think they will play him in the VFL for the 3rd time after having 2 really good games. I'd be more worried about him then Brown tbh. Think Weideman comes in for Fritsch and T Mac goes back. Viney is also likely to miss. Harmes will come in for him.

The Dees board is hilarious. The whole first page has no mention of Fritsch out. Now they say Weid for him. Spargo for Viney. Petty for Tomlinson. A weaker team then what it was v North.

I hope they do play them we will burn them on the outside. Brown wouldn’t even know what defence is.

Viney I believe is out for a few weeks with a toe injury. Weiderman seems to be the option for Fritsch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back