Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

This issue was likely resolved in 1985 when the clubs transferred their logos/names etc to the AFL. It is highly likely one of the conditions for assigning those rights to the VFL/AFL would be that no new team would be able to use those names/basic colours/jumper designs without the express written permission of the existing club.
Yes I'm sure that Brisbane gave permission for Gold Coast to use it's colours.

yeah bring back heritage round a lot of people enjoyed it. If some clubs think its meh they dont have to do it...Dont spoil other peoples fun just because your a grinch #collingwood
wheres the heritage when nearly half the teams havent even been in the comp for 50 years?... even Port..

the adelaide crows have more history in the AFL than port do!... lol, a whole extra 6 years of it!..

bring back the heritage rounds in a hundred years from now when ALL the clubs, including port power, have some heritage behind them to celebrate.

Local Australian Football club jumpers showing the heritage of the sport in their region.
What like when the Crows wanted to use an old SA jumper but then people cracked the sads.

Why would Southport Sharks want one of their jumpers used?

When you are adding expansion clubs, doesn't make much sense to continue with a "heritage round" theme round that just highlights that they have no heritage.

What like when the Crows wanted to use an old SA jumper but then people cracked the sads.

Why would Southport Sharks want one of their jumpers used?

When you are adding expansion clubs, doesn't make much sense to continue with a "heritage round" theme round that just highlights that they have no heritage.
the southport sharks would love to see there jumper in a afl game so would burleigh and broadbeach...it gives the locals a thrill isn't that the point to grow the game.

I can see both sides of the argument, and I’m certainly not unsympathetic to Port, but they entered the competition knowing full well that it was a deal breaking condition. So they agreed.
Did Collingwood (ie Eddie) agree to the heritage round deal in bad faith- very probably. He is a slimy piece of dirt, but what can you do unless they revisit the round again? It was, after all, a concession that didn’t need to be offered.
It’s messy but if both sides stop beating their chests about it maybe a rational solution can be found, because I can’t see it going away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I'm sure that Brisbane gave permission for Gold Coast to use it's colours.

Care to point out the colours they share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care to point out the colours they share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red, blue and yellow (and also white).

the southport sharks would love to see there jumper in a afl game so would burleigh and broadbeach...it gives the locals a thrill isn't that the point to grow the game.
??
Southport would want their jumper representing them. Why would they want the Suns want to wear it?

That is like Glenelg fans wanting the Power to play a game in a Glenelg jumper just to give Glenelg fans a thrill

I can see both sides of the argument, and I’m certainly not unsympathetic to Port, but they entered the competition knowing full well that it was a deal breaking condition. So they agreed.
Did Collingwood (ie Eddie) agree to the heritage round deal in bad faith- very probably. He is a slimy piece of dirt, but what can you do unless they revisit the round again? It was, after all, a concession that didn’t need to be offered.
It’s messy but if both sides stop beating their chests about it maybe a rational solution can be found, because I can’t see it going away
Why should Port have conditions on entering the national league? The AFL came from the VFL and simply because they weren’t from Victoria they had to sacrifice. Port Adelaide have a rich history and it deserves to be on the national stage just as much as Collingwood’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back