Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many 1st round picks have they used lately? I don't think they've used one since Brander in 2017 so will need to use at least one this year.

If Cripps goes it won't be as a free agent, it'll be a matched offer to force a trade. Eagles would have to offload players to get 1st round picks to use in the draft and use in the trade. That's gotta be hard to accomplish.

They smoked on their 2017 haul; Brander, Allen, Ryan + Kelly & Langdon via trades (Witherden from ‘16).

I don't mind Andy.

Good Carlton man. Helps out where he can with the women's team.

One of the few voices we've got in the media

Wish he was still doing the Carlton Show podcast. Miss that
I liked that show too, shame they stopped making it. Blues footy and the blue baggers shows are good as well, I only just discovered them.

Think the club really should be planning around how they will address mistakes of the past if Cripps is to seek a trade.

I've also heard 3-4 people close to him and or the club that have pointed to a move back to WA being his preferred outcome and best for his partner.

Walsh will be the lone hand in the middle and even if we bring in Cerra come the end of year, the two of them will get bullied and bruised around the ball without Cripps and Ed in there. Someone like Setters would really need to come on leaps and bounds in the space of a year to provide the body and physicality that Cripps does even when he's down on form.
When Cripps leaves it could be the making of us. Just have to nail the picks and it is an enormous opportunity for setters, walsh and the youngsters to sieze the opportunity. I think it is positive.

When Cripps leaves it could be the making of us. Just have to nail the picks and it is an enormous opportunity for setters, walsh and the youngsters to sieze the opportunity. I think it is positive.
I think if we can get Cerra and a top 10 pick from Freo then it could be a cracking result. I love Cripps but he has deficiencies. He is not a top 10 in comp player and too inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aphrodite. I said he was a high chance to go last year. If he hasn't signed by now he is gone. Please hold me to account if I am wrong and it is a great opportunity for the club. I am upbeat either way.
Held to account you will be. By your logic the bont is gone. Merritt is gone. Fairly good mail suggesting that the contract us not too far away.
As a side note why would the president have any say in selection even if he was going? Imagine the uproar if the president was making declarations about where players would play - or is this some sort of attempt to pre-empt a later "the president is weak" campaign later on?
Also if cripps were to go surely we would match the free agency bid to force a trade. How would playing him for the rest of the year increase his trade value. Reeks of chopping of your nose to spite your face.

842693.jpg

842694.jpg

842695.jpg

Crippa never gets paid frees when he is being held...

I would like the Prez to put the C streak back into the CFC. Skipper, 40 men look to you. 100k either way isnt the issue. Sign or go back to WA. If he wants to go...play Cripper in the 2s and develop a multi pronged midfield
Cripps in the 2s?

Enough with your disrespectful bullshit. ffs

Every indication that the club has is that Cripps & Harry are committed staying.
Heard the same. Also heard that Cripps and/maybe Harry contract signings are going to announced in early-mid June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back