anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
What sort of players do you think we should pick up in the mid season draft?Personally I’d be looking for a key forward and a big bodied clearance beast in the middle of the ground.Those are the sort of players I think we need most of all,

What sort of players do you think we should pick up in the mid season draft?Personally I’d be looking for a key forward and a big bodied clearance beast in the middle of the ground.Those are the sort of players I think we need most of all,

Any Good Kid Prospects

So we have pick 2 right now, this draft is for mature age right?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Anyone who has gone undrafted previously or been delisted. So can be an overage playing tac not really what most would call mature ager. In the past, Elliott, Langdon and Phillips would have qualified when we took them.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
So we have pick 2 right now, this draft is for mature age right?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not just for mature agers, but there is some merit in nabbing them (like Pickett for the Tigers). However we went young with Noble (22 when drafted) and he's arguably been the best nab of that mid-season draft.

Given the mess that was recruiting in 2020 I'd not put it past us to try and get guys that we thought highly of in the national draft that didn't get picked up. Jacob Edwards is one of them. I'd also give Tyler Keitel a crack. Think he'd slot right into our forward line and let us move Moore back

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Best available.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Best available with new criteria that values pace as importantly as the modern game values it.

Pace would be nice but a lack of elite pace shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

Scribe26

All Australian
Mar 13, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have an incredibly-lucky opportunity with the mid-season draft here.

Absolutely agree we just go for best available talent. If that talent happens to be a 200cm forward/ruck, all the better.

Wouldn't say no to a young midfielder who projects into next year's top 20 either.

littlegg

Senior List
Aug 8, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

Absolutely agree we just go for best available talent. If that talent happens to be a 200cm forward/ruck, all the better.

Wouldn't say no to a young midfielder who projects into next year's top 20 either.

why are people thinking this is a golden opportunity? of the 2019 draft 4 are still playing, 4 highly rated over aged 19 year olds were taken an went on to do zero..

people are over rating the talent

why are people thinking this is a golden opportunity? of the 2019 draft 4 are still playing, 4 highly rated over aged 19 year olds were taken an went on to do zero..

Apples and oranges. There were so many unknowns in the last draft that some very decent players ended up falling through the cracks. There are several 19 year old players who look very much like they’d be drafted this year in the ND if there was no mid season draft available to them.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

Anyone you like as a target?

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not just for mature agers, but there is some merit in nabbing them (like Pickett for the Tigers). However we went young with Noble (22 when drafted) and he's arguably been the best nab of that mid-season draft.

Given the mess that was recruiting in 2020 I'd not put it past us to try and get guys that we thought highly of in the national draft that didn't get picked up. Jacob Edwards is one of them. I'd also give Tyler Keitel a crack. Think he'd slot right into our forward line and let us move Moore back
The Wolf? The Fixer? “I solve problems”

Yeah we need him!

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Gee footy is ordinary when ya team is no where near it and the only conversations about your team on TV or anywhere is negative

It's been s**t. Footy media adds precisely nothing to the game. At times it's made me hate the experience of following the footy. It's out of control.

It's been sh*t. Footy media adds precisely nothing to the game. At times it's made me hate the experience of following the footy. It's out of control.

Media are just So-Called Experts giving there Opinion.

Just like we are doing now really

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Gee footy is ordinary when ya team is no where near it and the only conversations about your team on TV or anywhere is negative

Are you talking about On the Couch.

I found it an interesting listen

Gary Lyon wants Darcy to stay forward for the remainder of the season and maybe his career.

Riewoldt not a fan of trading away mature talent like they did at St Kilda with Dal Santo, dug the boots in and said they didn't play finals for 10 years after that.

Brown sounded like he was 12 beers deep as per usual..

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you talking about On the Couch.

I found it an interesting listen

Gary Lyon wants Darcy to stay forward for the remainder of the season and maybe his career.

Riewoldt not a fan of trading away mature talent like they did at St Kilda with Dal Santo, dug the boots in and said they didn't play finals for 10 years after that.

Brown sounded like he was 12 beers deep as per usual..
Just in general

Just on Moore glad we tried him forward but he is a BACKMAN ...just put him back..

Try cox/keane/kelly/tohill/Henry forward

Ffs

There's been an expectation that there would be late developers who went undrafted because they missed their final year of footy. No idea how that's playing out. There's a young ruck forward getting press, but most of the press is still focused on the same type of mature agers from the last preseason draft.

Back