Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
If two players are close (flip of the coin as you say), preference is given to the player with past performances.

Isnt this common knowledge?
Sigh. I never said it wasn't.

It also has zero to do with the premise of my post.

He chose an odd week to demote Pickett (from HIS team mot mine), who received coaches votes for a significant performance that went a long way to winning the match. I note the other player wasn't recognised by either coach.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Sigh. I never said it wasn't.

It also has zero to do with the premise of my post.

He chose an odd week to demote Pickett (from HIS team mot mine), who received coaches votes for a significant performance that went a long way to winning the match. I note the other player wasn't recognised by either coaches.
You said two things.

Firstly, you didn't see his/her logic in dropping a player based on a top 5 performance for Tippenwoody. This is actually a good point.

You then went on to compare their season stats, including goals. And called it a coin flip.

If you had stopped after the first sentence, maybe you have a point about the "non sequitur". But since you went on to talk about the season performances and your view as a coin flip, you shouldn't be surprised to get a response to that part too.

FWIW, AFLCA votes can be a bit of a joke. The 5/4/3 are generally pretty good. But the coaches take the piss with the 1s and 2s. For example, how Archie Perkins was in the top 5 players on the ground in the Ess/Car game beggars belief. It's a flawed system.

FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
Mundy would be the first player picked at the ripe old age of 35. Fyfe will work his way into it.
Was so disappointed/drunk after yesterday i forgot him!
Mundy SHOULD be- yet won't as he is not fashionable with selectors.
Would love him to get AA and win Brownlow (one can dream!)

Fyfe shouldn't be in- in 7 rounds he has been good when he has played- but has missed a few and not dominated like previous years when playing.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
You said two things.

Firstly, you didn't see his/her logic in dropping a player based on a top 5 performance for Tippenwoody. This is actually a good point.

You then went on to compare their season stats, including goals. And called it a coin flip.

If you had stopped after the first sentence, maybe you have a point about the "non sequitur". But since you went on to talk about the season performances and your view as a coin flip, you shouldn't be surprised to get a response to that part too.

FWIW, AFLCA votes can be a bit of a joke. The 5/4/3 are generally pretty good. But the coaches take the piss with the 1s and 2s. For example, how Archie Perkins was in the top 5 players on the ground in the Ess/Car game beggars belief. It's a flawed system.

Perkins did have 12 score involvements and 3 goal assists, I reckon you’ll find he had a very good game.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Weitering is better defensively, whilst May is better offensively (though his stats are inflated by taking the majority of kickins). There is room for both. Doesn't have to be one or the other.
Andrews will get one key defender spot but May who is too uncontested should not get another. Would love to see him actually beat a quality KPF. On Lynch he lost every one on one but his other defenders helped him cover him at times. He is the king of getting easy stats though. Nobody can beat him at that. So it will be Andrews and Weitering with some other up and comers like Sam Taylor and Sam Collins in contention.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Was so disappointed/drunk after yesterday i forgot him!
Mundy SHOULD be- yet won't as he is not fashionable with selectors.
Would love him to get AA and win Brownlow (one can dream!)

Fyfe shouldn't be in- in 7 rounds he has been good when he has played- but has missed a few and not dominated like previous years when playing.

Mundy is in as it stands. Wouldn’t be too worried there. He like Macrae and Walsh have the added bonus of not looking too silly if named on a wing.

Fyfe wouldn’t be in the squad atm but have no doubt he’s there by the end of the year if he has a clean run.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Andrews will get one key defender spot but May who is too uncontested should not get another. Would love to see him actually beat a quality KPF. On Lynch he lost every one on one but his other defenders helped him cover him at times. He is the king of getting easy stats though. Nobody can beat him at that. So it will be Andrews and Weitering with some other up and comers like Sam Taylor and Sam Collins in contention.

Just say what you really feel. You’re salty coz Maysie chose Dees over Pies.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just say what you really feel. You’re salty coz Maysie chose Dees over Pies.
No, I never wanted him based on his age and how much further he would blow our cap. He plays in a team with a great midfield which helps protect him. Our defence is constantly under barrage so he would find it much harder there as Keane found out at CHB the other day. He chose wisely opting for the Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
UPDATED 3/4/21

FB: Lever (MELB) - May (MELB) - Stewart (GEEL)
HB: Rich (BRI) - Weitering (CARL) - Short (RICH)
C: Macrae (WBD) - Bontempelli (WBD) - McCluggage (BRIS)
HF: Petracca (MELB) - Walker (ADE) - Bolton (RICH)
FF: McDonald-Tipungwuti (ESS) - McKay (CARL) - Greene (GWS)
R: Gawn (MELB) - Oliver (MELB) - Walsh (CARL)
I/C: Steele (STK) - Boak (PTA) - Mundy (FRE) - Guthrie (GEEL)

IN:

May (MELB)
Stewart (GEEL)
Weitering (CARL)
McCluggage (BRIS)
Bolton (RICH)
McDonald-Tipungwuti (ESS)
McKay (CARL)
Guthrie (GEEL)

OUT:

Aliir (PTA)
Ridley (ESS)
McGovern (WCE)
Dunkley (WBD)
Martin (RICH)
Pickett (MELB)
Riewoldt (RICH)
Laird (ADE)

By team:

5x players: Melbourne
3x players: Carlton
2x players: Geelong, Brisbane, Richmond, Bulldogs
1x players: Adelaide, Essendon, GWS, St Kilda, Port Adelaide, Fremantle
0x players: Collingwood, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North, Sydney, West Coast

Curious at your continued selection of Short. Has he really been AA worthy? No coaches votes (from what I can tell) and yes I understand that's not everything. By contrast Salem has been polling very well. Also think Bolton in is a bit premature. He is likely to be competing with Green at half forward and the likes of Bont, Martin and Petracca if they are not able to fit them in the midfield. I understand I am attacking the only two Richmond players you have left in your team but I just don't think either player is deserving at this point in time.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am quite firm in the belief that Bont shouldn't be anywhere near the AA team at this point. He's been our 5th best midfielder this year (4th if you don't count Dunkley since he's out for most of the year). Including him and ignoring Libba and Treloar just tells me he's being included by default due to reputation rather than performance.

Macrae, Treloar and Libba all have very good argument for consideration in the side. As it stands right now, Bont does not

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I am quite firm in the belief that Bont shouldn't be anywhere near the AA team at this point. He's been our 5th best midfielder this year (4th if you don't count Dunkley since he's out for most of the year). Including him and ignoring Libba and Treloar just tells me he's being included by default due to reputation rather than performance.

Macrae, Treloar and Libba all have very good argument for consideration in the side. As it stands right now, Bont does not
I somewhat agree however I think you are holding him to such a high standard because of how good he has been/can be.

He would still be around the AA team currently.

26 disposals, over a goal a game, over a goal assist a game is very impressive. I would like to see those clearance numbers bumped up a little bit still a very good year.

He does frustrate me though, would be close to my favourite player in the league and I am still waiting for him to break out as the true out and out star he can be.

Vaccination

Senior List
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks
We've had 7 different AAs the last two years plus recruited Tim Kelly and at this stage would be on 0.

Naitanui probably our closest, but he hasn't outperformed Gawn over 7 games.

Don't really have anyone deserving as well. Either been injured, underperformed or simply just not as good as other players in the same position in other sides.

B: Tom Stewart, Harris Andrews, Jake Lever

HB: Daniel Rich, Aliir Aliir, Sam Docherty

C: Hugh McCluggage, Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae

HF: Christian Petrecca, Taylor Walker, Bayley Fritsch

F: Toby Greene, Harry McKay, A.Tipungwuti

R: Max Gawn, Patrick Cripps, Oliver Wines

INT: Touk Miller, Daniel Houston, Cameron Guthrie, Nathan Fyfe

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
We've had 7 different AAs the last two years plus recruited Tim Kelly and at this stage would be on 0.

Naitanui probably our closest, but he hasn't outperformed Gawn over 7 games.
Thing with TK is that he's had some big games go with a couple average one for him. He's probably got another 5-6 games left till he gets one if not both of Shuey/Yeo back. With those two back his life gets a lot easier as he won't cop the tag as much and he won't relied to be that brute inside as much.

Docherty and Cripps are not in the same stratosphere as far as AA selection goes. They'd need to come home line steam trains to even get whispered about.

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Curious at your continued selection of Short. Has he really been AA worthy? No coaches votes (from what I can tell) and yes I understand that's not everything. By contrast Salem has been polling very well. Also think Bolton in is a bit premature. He is likely to be competing with Green at half forward and the likes of Bont, Martin and Petracca if they are not able to fit them in the midfield. I understand I am attacking the only two Richmond players you have left in your team but I just don't think either player is deserving at this point in time.
Have you watched any of the games the Tigers have played or just read the coaches votes after?

Bolton is up there with our most consistent players and was BOG against the "best midfield" in the comp in bulldogs. Short is also the most underrated player in the AFL and should have made it last year in the AA

Probably the worst team I have seen

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Jake Lever, Steven May, Christian Salem.
Tom Stewart, Jacob Weitering, Daniel Rich.

Max Gawn(C), David Mundy, Ollie Wines.
Jack Macrae, Hugh McCluggage, Touk Miller.

Toby Greene, Taylor Walker, Kysaiah Pickett.
Christian Petracca, Harry McKay, Dustin Martin.

Shai Bolton, Jack Steele, Adam Trealor, Sam Walsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back