Autopsy Rd 7 Blues beat Bombers in Epic Encounter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Except Gov.

Hammy and two striking charges. FFS.

yeah thats a downer for sure ...

but more good things to come with returning players starting to feature in VFL.....I'm pretty excited from here on in...TDK will make a huge difference as will a few others comng back

Posted by a couple of our very own, just last week. I've chosen to keep them anonymous. ;)

Little did they know, he'd go out to kick 3 the next game...

Little did they know, Saad was one of our best yesterday...

Don’t get too excited.

First half decent game Betts has played this year - lucky to get a game on recent performances.

FWIW - Owies kicked 3 goals in his second career game..............

When the AFL gives directives to that affect this is then the end result.
I was at the game and turned off the radio ABC 774 commentary with Brendon Goddard gushing all about Essendon and saying "we" instead of "them" First time I have ever turned off the ABC.

Although, I used to turn off Rex Hunt on 3AW, couldn't stand him. Brian Taylor is just as bad. Must be something in those sashes.

Pitto is a very limited ruckman, while he is 3rd in the comp for hit outs his ability to jump is non existent, although he is third at the club for stoppage clearances most notably he is ahead of Cripps in this area, he has totally dropped off around the ground in the air, early on in the year he was pushing back and taking intercept marks early in games, the last 2 weeks he has taken 1 mark with 0 marks this week, the sooner we can get TDK back the better we will be.

He was better last year but hasn’t been bad, he’s still only played 30 games, it’s not impossible that he gets better.

That Parks tackle was immense.

I thought it was going to be a goal for sure and even exclaimed to my Dad "Ahh ffs Plowman went to ground" leaving Parks 1 v 2, but he never stayed out of the contest and ended up crunching AMT and winning the battle while Plowman was still 15m away.

Another big moment for me was Owies in the goalsquare with the tackle that stopped a certain goal. I don't know why he was in D50 but I think he followed his man in the whole way. Love it, didn't think eh I'm the forward I'll just stay back, he took responsibility for his man and saved the day.

3 goals and 1 surefire goal stopped, fantastic.

Good post Jab and the young’s showed tough hard at it attributes. Mongrel . Need to bring it against Dogs though .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was a real team effort led by Weitering and Walsh and finished off by Harry - as the rest of the players improve around them -more wins will come.

I was at the game and turned off the radio ABC 774 commentary with Brendon Goddard gushing all about Essendon and saying "we" instead of "them" First time I have ever turned off the ABC.

Although, I used to turn off Rex Hunt on 3AW, couldn't stand him. Brian Taylor is just as bad. Must be something in those sashes.
I had another Tiger, KB on at the game - love his calling.

Went to the game, just watched the replay. Apart from the obvious ones (Walsh FREAK) Owies game was huge I thought. Yeah he kicked 3, but he provides so much energy to that forward line, hes yapping and laughing after goals getting everyone up and about. He's interacting with the crowd and not afraid to throw his weight around. Playing actual small forwards is the key.

Parks, Cottrell, Stocker all play the game the right way, hard at the contest and dont take a backwards step.

Newnes and Gibbons games underrated also although gibbons turned it over a bit he pressures and gets involved.

Weiters and Jones pillars down back.

Don't understand * supporters blaming razor Ray he actually favoured them more often than not.
Im still not convinced on Cottrell. Seems to be a bit clueless

This!

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

E0cj3bsVUAAxi1d

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parks and Stocker on Stringer was a ripper as well absolutely crunched him, just the hardness we’ve been looking for, Cottrell and Owies did alright too.

Was about to post that myself. Stocker running back with the flight was crazy courage. Actually very Teague like.

Made Stringer take his eyes off the ball. I like this kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't Pitto have the second most taps to advantage in the league last season?

For some reason if a player has an ordinary patch nowadays they are labelled no good and a 'must be replaced'.
Pitto is 24 and ruckman always take a while.
As you said, Gawn is a perfect example.
Even Harry Madden had to bide his time and switch clubs.

Pitto will be great working in tandem with TDK.
Give him a chance to regain form before chucking him on the scrapheap yeah?

Awesome!!
You may be proven right but pretty sure they were saying this about Gawn a few years ago.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Media been bashing us up as if we are old.

But good to see our younger folk drive the win:

waiters walsh mckay cuningham parks owies fogarty sps stocker - 9 youngish players all playing vital roles or starring

still have tdk dow lob fisher jsos setterfield to consider bringing in

I love that our 2019 superstars in cripps docherty jones are playing below their best but theyre no longer required for the win.

Not to mention williams martin

Still have a lot of youth to come in too.

And who went missing after Plow went onto him?
Yes the 85% bloke!!

The fact that people still want Plow dropped astounds me.
He is hugely valuable to our team!
Plowman hit two laser passes that wouldn't have gone higher than waist height. He's great when not the lone man in the goal square .5sec after a turnover (but who is?)

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

******* lol at BT calling Luke's tackle as if it was Cunners.

Aside from the completely different frames and the short v long hair, I guess they are the spitting image of one another.

Maybe the fact their numbers both begin with 2 threw him??

:think:

:drunk:

Back