Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hows about WCE flashing white supremacist hand signs

FMD are they completely braindead in Perth or what.

I am sure Nic Nat, Kelly and Ryan enjoyed it

What's next black face at mad Monday?
U wot mate?

Hows about WCE flashing white supremacist hand signs

FMD are they completely braindead in Perth or what.

I am sure Nic Nat, Kelly and Ryan enjoyed it

What's next black face at mad Monday?
lol, don't buy into the narrative that the OK symbol is a white supremacist sign, it's a troll job originating from 4chan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah started as a troll, now celebrated by alt right and neo nazi's

If you actually make that standard "OK" hand gesture yourself now and then make the one the folks in those photos used, you'll see that they are very different. The three free fingers pointing down and spaced deliberately apart is what distinguishes this newer version. It is staggering that anyone in a professional sporting club would be emboldended enough to make this sign publicly. Not a healthy sign IMO.

As you said, the Eagles history and present incarnation includes the many contributions by non-white players and you have to wonder about their feelings.

Shocking.

Lots of apologists for the extreme right on here.
Swastika was only a backwards Buddist symbol as well
Don’t you dare call me an apologist. I am NOT RACIST and my posting history supports that. This is what I thought it was referring to:

Yeah started as a troll, now celebrated by alt right and neo nazi's

Haha come on man, the point of the whole thing was them thinking they could just meme an innate thing into being a hate symbol.

By buying into it they win, because they think it's funny. This includes actual white supremacists doing it for the same reason.

What's next, waving 'hi' becomes racist? Finger guns become problematic?

Don’t you dare call me an apologist. I am NOT RACIST and my posting history supports that. This is what I thought it was referring to:

Oh my GOD; Did I watch a couple of white guys beating up an innocent black guy???? Why would you make me watch that????

nah, just kidding, I have seen plenty of racist stuff on this board, but not from you. Joffa thought you were being serious with the "You can't even XXXX without being called a XXXXX these days" schtick, I think.

Legitimately can't tell if people are taking the piss about this or not anymore
You’d wanna hope so or I am going to unleash a vicious tirade the likes of which bigfooty has never seen before.

dick cactuses will be G rated compared to the Vesuvius level melt I’m about to rain down on this place...

Nah I’m just ******* with ya. ;)

Oh my GOD; Did I watch a couple of white guys beating up an innocent black guy???? Why would you make me watch that????

nah, just kidding, I have seen plenty of racist stuff on this board, but not from you. Joffa thought you were being serious with the "You can't even XXXX without being called a XXXXX these days" schtick, I think.
It wasn’t schtick. I legitimately thought that’s what they were referring too. I realise now my error and why it obviously riled Joffa up which I did not intend to do.

By the way the innocent black guy was in a wheelchair too if you want to play the handicapped card too. ;)

Haha come on man, the point of the whole thing was them thinking they could just meme an innate thing into being a hate symbol.

By buying into it they win, because they think it's funny. This includes actual white supremacists doing it for the same reason.

What's next, waving 'hi' becomes racist? Finger guns become problematic?
Oh so you're saying those guys are using this team photo as an opportunity to comment on the ridiculousness of anti-racism overreaching, in a context completely unrelated to anything except winning a football derby? Sounds so legit.

I mean it's not a casual gesture, it's coordinated and deliberate. The only possible reason to do this apart from the very unlikely scenario above is some kind of bizarre reference to maybe beating the Dockers 3 times in a row if that is the case (I don't know the history of the derby), or maybe some smartarse on the team told a few idiot players "hey we're all going to do this hand signal thing so the Dockers get pissed off", and let the idiots do it without the smartarse doing it themselves, knowing they'd get in trouble as a hilarious practical joke that won't backfire in any way...

It wasn’t schtick. I legitimately thought that’s what they were referring too. I realise now my error and why it obviously riled Joffa up which I did not intend to do.

By the way the innocent black guy was in a wheelchair too if you want to play the handicapped card too. ;)
"Hey guys you remember breaking bad?"
"Kind of, yeah"
"Well years before that show was made the actor who played walter white played the dad in this other tv show called malcolm in the middle"
"..."
"and in THAT show there was this one really funny episode where they play something called the circle game... " (explains game)
"right."
"So I was thinking we should do it in the team photo"
"why?"
"cos it's ******* funny that's why"
"but who do we punch on the arm?"
"...the photographer I guess"
"oh... ok"

EDIT: I just want to say I removed the hilarious punchline from this in case anyone misconstrued it as racist. That's me doing my bit for the movement.

MORE EDIT: whale oil beef hooked, I really look stupid now. You were right. If you believe them, that is...

Last edited:
Weird choice of accompanying photo, is it not?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 15.51.02.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 15.51.02.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 53
I just read an article about it and they admitted it was a joke referencing the circle game. I think Tim Kellly even says “there’s nothing in it. It’s just a game. If you see the circle they punch you in the arm”

is it juvenile? Yes. Racist? Hardly.

I blame the media for s**t like this. Because they have to create their own narrative to support their contrived views.
It sickens me. You have to be so “woke” and “aware” these days to understand if something is ok to do or not.

I just hate the influence media has over people.

On a completely unrelated note - “the cats were robbed”

On Saturday night with Darcy saying “I think the umpire said not 15” and every campaigner in the media jumping on. NOBODY was actually playing the audio in isolation or - * - even asking old baldy what he said in the moment? I swear you can hear him say touched play on when the ball comes off the boot. That happens literally ten times a match and you never have people going into the analysis of the situation.

Even the AFL came out and said it was the wrong decision but nobody checked if it was touched. They just used their stupid lab to measure it over 20 metres and puffed on their ******* pipes.

Boy wish my job was that easy I didn’t even need to look like putting effort in - just ride on the coattails of my colleagues in the same industry and cruise along.

easy easy money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back