AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As truly terrible as the Treloar and Stephenson deals were:

Ned has outdone himself on the 2021 pick swap. What an absolute shocker. What looks like a top 3 pick for a second rounder and some garbage upgrades.

Collingwood would have been in the absolute plumb position of getting 2 x top 3 picks this year in their current position, kick starting a rebuild.

Instead they are up s**t creek.

Close to the worst list management call in the last decade.

GWS must be absolutely pissing themselves, Collingwood are lucky that pick didn't go to another Melbourne club, as they would be copping it from everywhere atm.

Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Ned has outdone himself on the 2021 pick swap. What an absolute shocker. What looks like a top 3 pick for a second rounder and some garbage upgrades.

Collingwood would have been in the absolute plumb position of getting 2 x top 3 picks this year in their current position, kick starting a rebuild.

Instead they are up sh*t creek.

GWS must be absolutely pissing themselves, Collingwood are lucky that pick didn't go to another Melbourne club, as they would be copping it from everywhere atm.
Worst trade in recent memory for mine. We also ****ed up our academy year with Thomas when we could have traded up and snagged a guy like Smith or even King along with Thomas rather than polec. This one is going down as the worst trade ever unless the pies pull their finger out though.

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory

Instead they are up sh*t creek.

Let’s judge how bad this was in 3 years so we can see how 5 picks inside top 30 turnout.

Henry
MaCrae
McInnes
Poulter
Cameron

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast

Not if a bid for Daicos came before their first pick.

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Let’s judge how bad this was in 3 years so we can see how 5 picks inside top 30 turnout.

Henry
MaCrae
McInnes
Poulter
Cameron
Weren’t the first two your first and the Bulldog’s first? And Reef was NGA. So you didn’t need to trade your 2021 first to get any of those three.

So why list them?

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
North & Pies will finish 17 & 18
North wont bid , Too weak
GWS wont bid because they have the pies pick and would be like rubbing it in their face

Pick will come at #3

North could bid. Horne go home factor could come into play?

gws will bid @ 2 I reckon.

Speculation in today's paper diacos may not nominate collingwood.

North could bid. Horne go home factor could come into play?

gws will bid @ 2 I reckon.

Speculation in today's paper diacos may not nominate collingwood.
Of course he will. Its not even in question lol No matter what Jonno Ralph likes to point his narative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might want to join his favorite team instead?

North? Hawks?

Or to play with his brother as he has stated he wants? Or to play with his mates he has known for years. Or to play at the same club his father played at.
Also he supports the pies too as he told me on friday.

Nobody commits officially in May. Nobody expects him to be anywhere else.

Not if a bid for Daicos came before their first pick.
Disagree given how badly in deficit they are. Could push their first right back in 2022 as well.

I actually think they should consider trading Moore before he hits FA in 12 months. He already nearly left once. Make sure they get a future first for him.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Disagree given how badly in deficit they are. Could push their first right back in 2022 as well.
I think you misunderstand.

The other poster said: "Collingwood would have been in the absolute plumb position of getting 2 x top 3 picks this year in their current position, kick starting a rebuild."

I'm saying that wouldn't have happened if an early bid came for Daicos.

If a bid comes at pick 1 for Daicos, they could have pick 2 or pick 3 and it would have been subsumed in matching that bid. This scenario of them having 2 x top 3 picks relies on them having a pick before a bid comes for Daicos, which is really unknowable given the possibility of a bid coming at pick 1.

Gonna have to sideways trade a few for player and pick so they don't bugger up their 2022 drat by going into deficit

examples only:

DeGoey to Suns for Alex Sexton and a 2nd (not getting a game ATM)
Sidebottom to Adelaide for Doedee and a 2nd (intercept deender)
Sier, Darcy Cameron and Mason Cox you could get later round picks from other clubs if they don't plan on keeping them.
Then they could add a Billings or a Dunstan as RFA

This would still let them nab Daicos, add 3 experienced players to replace the experienced ones lost and not compromise their 2022 draft

BlueBalls#17

Rookie
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
North? Hawks?

Or to play with his brother as he has stated he wants? Or to play with his mates he has known for years. Or to play at the same club his father played at.
Also he supports the pies too as he told me on friday.

Nobody commits officially in May. Nobody expects him to be anywhere else.

Nick is 100% a Carlton supporter as blasphemous as that might sound to you, dont know why he would say that to you mate.
Personally I agree that he nominates and plays for Collingwood... but the fact that that team that most likely would select him if he didn't would be North Melbourne plays a bigger part in him nominating as a father son than alot of people would believe.
Though unlike the hatred we naturally have for one another, his a carlton supporter but allegiance is to Collingwood for various obvious reasons, once you get to it becoming your job the club you support kind of goes out the window.
Thank the Silvagnis for brainwashing him early on though 😉

Last edited:
Nick is 100% a Carlton supporter as blasphemous as that might sound to you, dont know why he would say that to you mate.
Personally I agree that he nominates and plays for Collingwood... but the fact that that team that most likely would select him if he didn't would be North Melbourne plays a bigger part in him nominating as a father son than alot of people would believe.
Though unlike the hatred we naturally have for one another, his a carlton supporter but allegiance is to Collingwood for various obvious reasons, once you get to it becoming your job the club you support kind of goes out the window.
He was growing up, but he told me he also supports the pies now. So clearly he has converted to some point (when you start referring to the pies as "we" and "us" you know he has converted). I spoke to him at the VFL on friday when watching the boys.

I think it helps he has grown up in the academy, has played for the NGA, playing for the vfl team soon, knows all the boys, staff etc is here constantly. Has always wanted to play under pendles.

But you're right. Look at Pendles, he was a dees supporter. Sidebottom supported essendon. Once you are drafted, who you may have liked as a kid means nothing, you are all in on who you are playing.
Kuta followed the pies growing up.

Also one of the silvani kids supported the pies growing up before going to Carlton - not sure which one it was. Kids are very susceptible at an early age.

Last edited:

walterhobbs

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gonna have to sideways trade a few for player and pick so they don't bugger up their 2022 drat by going into deficit

examples only:

DeGoey to Suns for Alex Sexton and a 2nd (not getting a game ATM)
Sidebottom to Adelaide for Doedee and a 2nd (intercept deender)
Sier, Darcy Cameron and Mason Cox you could get later round picks from other clubs if they don't plan on keeping them.
Then they could add a Billings or a Dunstan as RFA

This would still let them nab Daicos, add 3 experienced players to replace the experienced ones lost and not compromise their 2022 draft
If my club did that I’d support someone else haha

If my club did that I’d support someone else haha
If anything given Sidey's age Adelaide should be getting the second round pick not merely giving it up.

They've ****ed their list hard.

walterhobbs

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
If anything given Sidey's age Adelaide should be getting the second round pick not merely giving it up.

They've f’ed their list hard.
Yer true plus not sure what doedee is doing in being a part of that trade either

pugsville

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2001
leningrad
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood

Brotherhood. There's a pull to play at the same club as your brother(s). I think that is greater pull than nominal club supporter,

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
I think you misunderstand.

The other poster said: "Collingwood would have been in the absolute plumb position of getting 2 x top 3 picks this year in their current position, kick starting a rebuild."

I'm saying that wouldn't have happened if an early bid came for Daicos.

If a bid comes at pick 1 for Daicos, they could have pick 2 or pick 3 and it would have been subsumed in matching that bid. This scenario of them having 2 x top 3 picks relies on them having a pick before a bid comes for Daicos, which is really unknowable given the possibility of a bid coming at pick 1.
If they'd had pick #2 still and their full hand they could probably trade with North to switch picks #1 and #2 (or some other deal so North "happens" not to bid on Daicos).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back