Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Last edited:

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a rumour I wish to post but I heard it from someone I don't particularly trust. Do I post it here or should I start another thread?
Post it here and if it’s rubbish it will be forgotten about in a page or two.

But if it’s good and grows legs, you can always make a specific thread about it. Consider this your rumour workshop. We critique out of love.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Post it here and if it’s rubbish it will be forgotten about in a page or two.

But if it’s good and grows legs, you can always make a specific thread about it. Consider this your rumour workshop. We critique out of love.
Good analogy considering a lot of people come here just to create rumours too.

Dec 19, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle SuperSonics, SA Spurs
I have a rumour I wish to post but I heard it from someone I don't particularly trust. Do I post it here or should I start another thread?
Well, it’s both a rumour and not a rumour at the same time at this point.
Much like Schrödinger’s cat and Glascott’s monkey.

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Who was the Collingwood player in the video hitting umpires? I'd like to Google him and find out more about him on and off-field. My gut feeling is that he'd have got in some big trouble in life.

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
JOHN BURKE, got 10 years and 16 matches but on appeal he ended up with 6 years.
So I Googled him. Seems to have played for a few clubs and has had a drain cleaning business for a long time.

LOL: His recommendation is quoted by a website, where he says "go with somebody you can trust." As opposed to someone who might fly off the handle?

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
So I Googled him. Seems to have played for a few clubs and has had a drain cleaning business for a long time.

LOL: His recommendation is quoted by a website, where he says "go with somebody you can trust." As opposed to someone who might fly off the handle?
Played against a kid in cricket. Talented lad. Got run out by a foot on his way to a tonne (and yes he was going to make one). Kicked over the stumps, threw one at one of our slip fielders, then chased the square leg ump trying to hit him with the bat. Only ended when his dad ran on the field and dragged him off by the ear.
Dunno what happened to him but I never saw him in our league again, and this fella was good enough to play district cricket

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Dunno what happened to him but I never saw him in our league again, and this fella was good enough to play district cricket

He became the QC obviously. Had to give up cricket though. He tries to give back when he can, loves to spend the occasional saturday morning down the local ground adjudicating BOG and donates the happy meal voucher.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC

That's a long time ago in a different age of footy. The guy deserves the right to not have his entire life judged by one moment as a 20 year old where noone was murdered, raped or vaccinated.

Or would you rather we organise a witch hunt, anonymously?

Vo Rogue

Debutant
Aug 4, 2008
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Carlton
Who was the Collingwood player in the video hitting umpires? I'd like to Google him and find out more about him on and off-field. My gut feeling is that he'd have got in some big trouble in life.

Blokes a model citizen. Spent the last 35 years involved in local footy at some level, both seniors and juniors, never causing a moments trouble. Obviously had one bad day with severe white line fever, but you’ve come to a very incorrect conclusion on this one.

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Blokes a model citizen. Spent the last 35 years involved in local footy at some level, both seniors and juniors, never causing a moments trouble. Obviously had one bad day with severe white line fever, but you’ve come to a very incorrect conclusion on this one.
He worked briefly at RSN radio post VFL career in a sales role selling ad space didn't last long. Not sure what happened to him after that. Serious loose cannon though

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Played against a kid in cricket. Talented lad. Got run out by a foot on his way to a tonne (and yes he was going to make one). Kicked over the stumps, threw one at one of our slip fielders, then chased the square leg ump trying to hit him with the bat. Only ended when his dad ran on the field and dragged him off by the ear.
Turned out he had a decent cricket career.
Still some issues admittedly.

Warner-7.jpg

Back