Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Yes his parents settled in queensland when they arrived , Not sure if they are still there as he has family in melbourne also

No to Chol. After 5yrs in the system, he is still a project player. Better off taking the best mature state league ruck available in the mid-season draft.

Now Flanders has broken into our best 22, he is certainly showing his worth to the team. Keeping Sexton out, and will be aiming to add midfield minutes next season once his tank has improved.

I imagine we will be trying to move guys like Brodie/Fiorini/Macpherson and re-signing players like Flanders.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gold Coast would deal Brodie for a 4th you'd have to imagine which I feel is major unders but he can't get a game anyway. Really want him at the Pies.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Gold Coast would deal Brodie for a 4th you'd have to imagine which I feel is major unders but he can't get a game anyway. Really want him at the Pies.

Hard to see how the Pies could get a deal done, unless a player(s), is involved, you will likely go into 2022 with deficit after the Nick Daicos his.

That draft night pick swap you did with GWS last season is arguably going to be even more costly for the Pies long term than jettisoning Treloar and Stephenson (although I do think you did well with some of the picks you got for Stephenson)

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to see how the Pies could get a deal done, unless a player(s), is involved, you will likely go into 2022 with deficit after the Nick Daicos his.

That draft night pick swap you did with GWS last season is arguably going to be even more costly for the Pies long term than jettisoning Treloar and Stephenson (although I do think you did well with some of the picks you got for Stephenson)
Nothing beats the Treloar trade. If the Bulldogs finish where the are currently on the ladder, they got more points then we did, even though we gave up the player himself. So they essentially received Treloar, Pick 59 while we got back nothing and 300k of Treloars salary to pay. It is the worst trade of all time and that isn't an overstatement.

As for Brodie, surely he wouldn't cost a lot anyway

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Nothing beats the Treloar trade. If the Bulldogs finish where the are currently on the ladder, they got more points then we did, even though we gave up the player himself. So they essentially received Treloar, Pick 59 while we got back nothing and 300k of Treloars salary to pay. It is the worst trade of all time and that isn't an overstatement.

Honestly, if you wanted to cover all of Brodie's salary, Suns would probably let him go for a token pick.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Honestly, if you wanted to cover all of Brodie's salary, Suns would probably let him go for a token pick.
I personally would jump at that chance. He is an inside mid which we seriously lack and when he plays in your main team, he spends far too much time on the outside. Has been playing well in the VFL with a 40 touch, 10 tackle performance against us last week. I think we have space as well considering we got rid of 1.5 mil or so.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I personally would jump at that chance. He is an inside mid which we seriously lack and when he plays in your main team, he spends far too much time on the outside. Has been playing well in the VFL with a 40 touch, 10 tackle performance against us last week. I think we have space as well considering we got rid of 1.5 mil or so.
Off topic, but why did the pies off load all those players cheaply if they now have space and have to pay up for new players?

Why not just keep Stephenson for example?

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Off topic, but why did the pies off load all those players cheaply if they now have space and have to pay up for new players?

I could not tell you. The dropping of Stephenson and Atu was unbelievably dumb as we have a weak forward line and they were young. Personally, I think he must've had a bad attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have been a one year peak they couldn't rearrange contracts for. Plan all along might have been to find a few longer term lower dollar extensions to get under bar but couldn't get it done. When they're signing new players they can back end contracts again though one bitten twice shy I'd be

Stephen O'Reilly is still the worst trade of all time.
But the treloar one i agree is bad just not as bad as that.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

At least Guy fell on his sword over it.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Expect North to make a play here. Few of the Gippsland boys in his ear. Luff loved him in his draft year.

Not enough to pick him with pick 8.
Preferred to trade that away instead of picking Flanders - ironically for pick 26 that you ultimately secured Charlie Comben with - one of these Gippsland guys you are presumably referencing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back