Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, these are the players i'll be open to trade out
Bank in some draft picks now while some players have decent trade value

JJ
Young
Wallis
Lipinski
Richards
Cavvara
Schache

I wouldn’t trade Richards under any condition. As much as he’s been maligned on this board, if played in his natural position he would absolutely become a critical part of our best 22 for 10 years to come.

Lipinski may appear additional to needs right now, but the next gen of mids we have isn’t enormous. Basically Lipi, West and Garcia. I wouldn’t want to thin this crop.

The holes at KPD and small forward can certainly be filled without needing to lose these two.

Let's unite the McKays - one at each end.
Keath and McKay back, Naughton, Bruce, English, JUH, McKay forward. Maybe McStay back too.

I can hear the commentary now:
"McKay of the Bulldogs kicks in after the behind, picks out McStay. McStay hits up a loose McLean on the wing, wheels and hits Macrae running through half forward, and Macrae picks out the other McKay at the top of the goal square. The tartan Bulldogs are almost a team within a team."

If there’s not a Macca or Bailey across every line, we’d be doing list management wrong

I wouldn’t trade Richards under any condition. As much as he’s been maligned on this board, if played in his natural position he would absolutely become a critical part of our best 22 for 10 years to come.

Lipinski may appear additional to needs right now, but the next gen of mids we have isn’t enormous. Basically Lipi, West and Garcia. I wouldn’t want to thin this crop.

The holes at KPD and small forward can certainly be filled without needing to lose these two.
Bailey Smith was drafted in the same yr as West IIRC. Next gen looks ok in Bailey's hands.

In any case, doubt we move anyone on who is any good. It's exceedingly rare for clubs to do this. A lot of player movement for good players is player driven (stringer and Treloar exceptions proving the rule)

If.he is out of contract I'd imagine Richards will be sniffing around given his opportunities at the Dogs. He has some nice traits. Lacks composure though
Lucky to get a second Rd pick

Guys like McLean, Richards, and Wallis will be looking around IMO. Schache and JJ too. Maybe West and Jong as well.

Clubs will target us this yr I reckon. Hope it's a deep draft.

Last edited:
Look, we all want Moore or May, but we just aren't going to have the draft capital to get mega A grade deals done.

Jack Hombsh? Is OOC at the end of the year, 28 year old mature body who hasn't played for the Suns yet (although he performed well in the VFL last game according to match reports). If we offered a two year contract he'd jump, and he'd be cheap.

Look, we all want Moore or May, but we just aren't going to have the draft capital to get mega A grade deals done.

Jack Hombsh? Is OOC at the end of the year, 28 year old mature body who hasn't played for the Suns yet (although he performed well in the VFL last game according to match reports). If we offered a two year contract he'd jump, and he'd be cheap.
IIRC he had a degenerative knee condition. Either way, his first season at GC was positive.

Jake Riccardi played defence for GWS in the VFL on the weekend and had a blinder. 40 odd disposals and a number of intercepts. Could he be the solution?

It'd be humorous to see a trade between us and GWS.

IIRC he had a degenerative knee condition. Either way, his first season at GC was positive.

Jake Riccardi played defence for GWS in the VFL on the weekend and had a blinder. 40 odd disposals and a number of intercepts. Could he be the solution?

It'd be humorous to see a trade between us and GWS.
I'd love that idea but I just can't see any GWS player coming to us in the near future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it that bad? They'd spite a win win trade?
The playing groups just don't like each other.
Not media spin either, from a players' own mouth/

Perfect for us would be a Brian Lake to Hawks style trade.

For reference, Lake was 31 years old for the start of the 2013 season.

Robbie Tarrant just turned 32 - that ship may have sailed.

Unfortunately i think the bridge is burnt, but the perfect fit could have been Daniel Talia. 30 years old for season 2022...

yeah it’s on good record that we made a strong play for May before Melbourne offered pick 5. We offered pick 9 which happened to be used on Naughton(thank damn that didn’t go ahead). You have to give up something really good to get them.

yeah it’s on good record that we made a strong play for May before Melbourne offered pick 5. We offered pick 9 which happened to be used on Naughton(thank damn that didn’t go ahead). You have to give up something really good to get them.

Melbourne got May a season after we drafted Naughton.

Melbourne got May a season after we drafted Naughton.

Spot on. In 2017 Melbourne got Jake Lever for pick 10 and we drafted Naughton at 9.

Steven May for pick 6 was 2018. GC used it on Ben King and we got Bailey Smith at 7.

We have had good success with untried Geelong defenders in the past, potentially we could go after another one in Nathan Kreuger

I'd be looking at Astbury.

Shai Bolton's next conract grows bigger by the week. Balta would have had a decent pay rise. Prestia, Grimes and Cotchin are all locked away. Dusty is supposedly on 1.2 per season and Tom Lynch's big money years start in 2022 (reportedly still owed 5mil over the next 4 seasons).

They still have fan faves in Riewoldt, Edwards and Houli yet to sign and teams have been able to pry out their small forwards recently and Castagna, Rioli and Stack are out of contract.

Could be the perfect storm needed to lure him out. Give him an extra year and 150k more per year than the Tiges are willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back