The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you misread me. You mentioned us in Perth. Recent matches would suggest we’re more competitive there than you are here.

But it is digressing from the original point that it is lame as fu** for you two weeks in a row to list the blokes you’re missing. Newsflash everyone has injuries. A couple of mids and a couple sag off defenders out. Cool stuff.
Sag off defenders. So you dont rate 2xAA, Premiership captain Shannon Hurn or 4x AA, best intercept mark in the game Jeremy McGovern. I mean ok.... I guess.

Anyways, we've got the same record this season as your lot, so I dont know what to tell you.

Any chance Cripps comes home?
Massive chance. His partner has well documented mental health struggles being away from home surely doesn't help. Wouldnt hold it against them at all for wanting to be closer to family.

Cerra and a pick look most likely. Eagles no chance after promising players they wouldn't be going after anyone when asking them to take a pay cut.

Any chance Cripps comes home?

Our club has come out lately saying the contract is being worked on and could be weeks away. Some ITK’s have said the same. Patrick has said in the past that he doesn’t want to only be at Carlton during a rebuild and then leave just when the club could be playing finals. Other rumours have said people who know people that know other people have said Cripps is one foot out the door.

Cripps’ partner has been going through some pretty big battles with mental health and she is from Perth. No one has used that as a rumour why Patrick will want to go back to Perth but it’s a logical one.

When I said the other day that Harry is worth more than Patrick, I meant on the open market. But if they both sign new contracts at Carlton, it would be Patrick with the bigger contract as captain. It would be heartbreaking to lose either player.

I dont think Cripps would want to play for Freo though. If he comes home, he surely nominates WC as his preferred club.
He is a restricted free agent so it won't really be a choice of nominating. If WC have told their players to take a pay cut and they won't be bringing in anyone on big money he'd be likely to have to take under $500k a year from WC and you'd still need to work out a trade with us. At least with Freo he would get the $'s he'd be able to command and there's already a heap of young Vics on their list that could make a trade possible.

I dont think Cripps would want to play for Freo though. If he comes home, he surely nominates WC as his preferred club.

Why? Just cos?

Why? Just cos?
Arrogance that they just have to pick West Coast.

Midfield stacked. Spent heaps on Kelly.
if the blues force a trade they wouldn’t be able to get it done under the 2 x Round 1 in 4 years rule having traded away 2019, 2020. Would need to keep picks 2021 and 2022.
Sag off defenders. So you dont rate 2xAA, Premiership captain Shannon Hurn or 4x AA, best intercept mark in the game Jeremy McGovern. I mean ok.... I guess.

Anyways, we've got the same record this season as your lot, so I dont know what to tell you.
not overly high no. McGovern overrated. Barrass and Sheppard underrated and better defenders.

Does WCE want to give up a bunch of picks though considering they did for Kelly, that catches up with you after a while.
I don't think picks would cut it.

And looking at the Victorians on their list not sure players would either. Brander (yes), Duggan (steak knives), Gaff (29 too old for our list), Jackson Nelson (no), Xavier O'Neill (no), Petruccelle (steak knives), Bailey Williams (steak knives).

Don't think a local boy would be packaged up with picks to get it done either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could he turn down playing for the club jod supports?

If Patrick Cripps was 29 years old and wanted to leave, I’d say he probably sees WC as a better flag threat in the next 2-3 years. At 26 years old, it’s got to be Fremantle with their young talent.

Think you misread me. You mentioned us in Perth. Recent matches would suggest we’re more competitive there than you are here.

But it is digressing from the original point that it is lame as fu** for you two weeks in a row to list the blokes you’re missing. Newsflash everyone has injuries. A couple of mids and a couple sag off defenders out. Cool stuff.
Love this work, quality trolling.

If Patrick Cripps was 29 years old and wanted to leave, I’d say he probably sees WC as a better flag threat in the next 2-3 years. At 26 years old, it’s got to be Fremantle with their young talent.
I don't know why any player would pick Freo at the moment. Especially if you're a forward and you watch that delivery coming in.

Hot take, I don't think he has shown enough yet to prove he is worth 6 Million dollars.

Edit, didn't realise it was until 2029.

Fair enough. My bad

The hottest of takes. A horridly bad take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back