Autopsy Rd 7 Blues beat Bombers in Epic Encounter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

******* lol at BT calling Luke's tackle as if it was Cunners.

Aside from the completely different frames and the short v long hair, I guess they are the spitting image of one another.

Maybe the fact their numbers both begin with 2 threw him??

:think:

:drunk:
According to BT two thirds of our team is Cuningham. I swear it's his go to name for any Carlton player around the ball he doesn't know, he makes that same mistake so often.

Would love to know what is wrong with Cas he must be injured because he is a shell of what he was the last couple of years. Needs a rest to regroup and get back to his best. Pitto needs to work on his calves and blood well jump!

He looks sore and needs a few days off training. Pitto also needs to work on his marking.

He looks sore and needs a few days off training. Pitto also needs to work on his marking.
Has been a noted weakness of his for his career.

Iirc doesn't he have small hands for a man of his size? I remember reading that in the past as it was given as a reason as to why he's not a good mark and doesn't have great scope for improvement in that area. Might be complete bollocks though tbf.

Has been a noted weakness of his for his career.

Iirc doesn't he have small hands for a man of his size? I remember reading that in the past as it was given as a reason as to why he's not a good mark and doesn't have great scope for improvement in that area. Might be complete bollocks though tbf.

Having big mitts is a definite advantage if your leading into a mark with both arms in front of you. For the most part i reckon it’s more positioning and ball judgement.

Last edited:
I didn’t see the game live, but watched the reply late last night so was able to watch with a more relaxed frame of mind than many on here probably were.
I did keep an eye on the game day thread and noticed a bit of talk about how Crippa looked disinterested. I totally disagree with this.
I think the poor bloke is just out of form. You can see that from his second guessing of himself and his shank kick going forward. But at stoppages, as soon as he gets the ball he’s driven into the ground by one or two opponents and doesn’t have the time time and space to do Crippa things. He found space in the last and was able to get himself back into the game.
I’ll be nervous about his future with us until his signature is signed.

Parks is very quickly becoming a favorite.
Go Blues 💙
Went to the game, just watched the replay. Apart from the obvious ones (Walsh FREAK) Owies game was huge I thought. Yeah he kicked 3, but he provides so much energy to that forward line, hes yapping and laughing after goals getting everyone up and about. He's interacting with the crowd and not afraid to throw his weight around. Playing actual small forwards is the key.

Parks, Cottrell, Stocker all play the game the right way, hard at the contest and dont take a backwards step.

Newnes and Gibbons games underrated also although gibbons turned it over a bit he pressures and gets involved.

Weiters and Jones pillars down back.

Don't understand * supporters blaming razor Ray he actually favoured them more often than not.
Gibbons is a high work rate, high IQ player but lacks ability. Its unfortunate but his turn overs were horrible and we need to replace him.

Shame for Dow, I thought he started the game really well and even started to allow myself to think for a few minutes if maybe he's having that kind of game.

You know... the break out kind.
Next week :thumbsu: ;) :laughv1:

It is coming I have no doubt, the way he played in VFL showed him and all that saw that HE IS GOOD!!!!

LOB could be following same trajectory we hope. Been very good.

Newnes and Gibbo both need VFL time and these two can stand up and more than fill these spots.
Their time has come, been a slow burn but here now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A measure of a better team effort
Disagree. Some of the coaches votes were laughable. McGrath 3 votes?? He was going 50% disposal efficiency with 25% of his disposals ending in clangers. He was a turnover merchant so much on Sunday he should have been wearing navy blue. Dons own board were livid on him — seriously, watch the replay.

Cuners and H really, really stiff.

Number of players who have played <50 games:
Carlton - 11
Essendon - 10

Numbers of players who have played <10 games
Carlton - 4
Essendon - 4

* ArE sO mUcH yOuNgEr ThAn CaRlToN
Agree. It’s a lazy stat that’s wheeled out to show “how young and amazing” opposition are. No info on standard deviation, variance or kurtosis.

An “average age” stat without context is useless and misleading. For example, you take Cas, Curnow and Betts out of the team, the “average age” would drop remarkably.

Did I just witness Cornes saying he got it wrong with Walsh?
I noticed all of the commentators this week creaming themselves every time Walsh touched the footy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a recent development, is it not?

They also said "he's been doing it since game 1" more than once. Or maybe it's because I've watched the game twice.

Cornes wasn't the only one in the media claiming Walsh shouldn't have gone number 1. At least he has the decency to say he got it wrong, the others will just act like they've been on the Walsh bandwagon all along.

Disagree. Some of the coaches votes were laughable. McGrath 3 votes?? He was going 50% disposal efficiency with 25% of his disposals ending in clangers. He was a turnover merchant so much on Sunday he should have been wearing navy blue. Dons own board were livid on him — seriously, watch the replay.

Cuners and H really, really stiff.

To be honest, I couldn't give a stuff what the votes were. All I am interested in is how this list evolves and what is needed to ensure we get/stay in the top 8/4

Didn't Pitto have the second most taps to advantage in the league last season?

For some reason if a player has an ordinary patch nowadays they are labelled no good and a 'must be replaced'.
Pitto is 24 and ruckman always take a while.
As you said, Gawn is a perfect example.
Even Harry Madden had to bide his time and switch clubs.

Pitto will be great working in tandem with TDK.
Give him a chance to regain form before chucking him on the scrapheap yeah?

Awesome!!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have to laugh when commentators mention the 'experienced' Pittonet - he's only played 24 games!

Last edited:

It is coming I have no doubt, the way he played in VFL showed him and all that saw that HE IS GOOD!!!!

Newnes and Gibbo both need VFL time and these two can stand up and more than fill these spots.
What I really liked is that when he tried to come back on briefly before being subbed he actually got that centre clearance

2020 covid year absolutely killed an important development year for alot of our young players.

If these guys got 15+ VFL games under their belt last year maybe they would have been starting best 22 this year and contributing well. Who knows.

Last year was such a shame for young players league wide.

And yes obviously I know football is pretty insignificant in comparison to what's happening around the world, but I'm simply looking at the year of development lost in isolation

Yep wasted as a small forward.
Id have him switching midfield/HFF.

Dangerous from the arc and accurate.
And opposition players have no idea where the little bugger is most of the time.

Was in ominous form pre-injury

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We are building that stable of dangerous hff

I think we need one full time small forward (potentially owies) ...

and then rotate a bunch through the other 2 spots out of: martin fisher gibbons etc

Back