Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Horse

Cancelled
Collingwood - Caleb Poulter Player Sponsor 2022 Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Us Macedonians were the only Greek city state never to mix water with wine and we were a bunch of goat herders not overly philosophical and sh*t like that.. you can see that illiterate goat herder in me at times.. not that often though.. but it's there.. that's why they used to call us barbarians and that re sort of a thing.. every other Greek city state used to mix there water with wine.. can you believe that.. pffffffff.

But from goat herders.. we came good.. put every other Greek city state's house in order.. formed the Hellenic Republic.. and conquered the world.

The pure wine and partying like illiterate goat herders.. was a constant throughout..

I like that...... I like that.

The Collingwood FC could learn from us Macedonians.. how to balance out being colorful.. ruthless.. barbaric.. and smart.. all that sort of sh*t to achieve optimum success.

At the moment Collingwood is more like the EU, but kind of like a EU where instead of food done by the French, engineering by the Germans, Styling by the Italians and customer service by the Swiss, we have the Germans doing the food, the Italians doing the engineering, style by the Swiss, and the French responsible for customer service.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I had nothing to apologise for.
So, didn’t.
Being exposed as a fraud must hurt.
But just like Buckley, your disciples don’t care about the lies and deceit.
So, play on.
Lighten up! It was obvious that the photo was lifted from online. I don't think the Gimp ever intended that people accept the photo as a real depiction of a feast he had prepared. His good humoured and respectful response to your exposure of the photo's origin seems to have been taken seriously by you. Surely you have greater insight into the intentions of others than to think the Gimp is passing this food spread off as his own creation. He is doing nothing other than having a bit of fun.

Lighten up! It was obvious that the photo was lifted from online. I don't think the Gimp ever intended that people accept the photo as a real depiction of a feast he had prepared. His good humoured and respectful response to your exposure of the photo's origin seems to have been taken seriously by you. Surely you have greater insight into the intentions of others than to think the Gimp is passing this food spread off as his own creation. He is doing nothing other than having a bit of fun.

Myself, I didn't even think for a moment that the Gimp's image wasn't genuine.

Saw a big table of food, couldn't help but give it a like.

There was no sunblest, no lairy socks and more than one vegetable. How many clues do you need?

The pic looked like it was taken by a Nokia so I checked the timestamp of the image. :) I wasn't sure if it was being passed as a joke. 🤷‍♂️

At the moment Collingwood is more like the EU, but kind of like a EU where instead of food done by the French, engineering by the Germans, Styling by the Italians and customer service by the Swiss, we have the Germans doing the food, the Italians doing the engineering, style by the Swiss, and the French responsible for customer service.

And the Greeks working the budget.

And running an anti-corruption task force.

Actually not a bad idea- like getting hackers to catch other hackers.

Agreed; you can sleep easy if Greeks are in charge of corporate governance and business ethics.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The pic looked like it was taken by a Nokia so I checked the timestamp of the image. :) I wasn't sure if it was being passed as a joke. 🤷‍♂️
I have no idea how to check a time stamp. What I do know is that it's not the first time and hopefully won't be last that the Gimp has included in his posts a photo he clearly didn't take and which was obviously not meant to achieve anything other than embellish his narrative. Long live the Gimp!

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Wot da.. you know what I don't understand about this world.. why can't we go to a tree hugging vegan convention and that re with a.. 'who gives a s**t.. it's only one tree' 'hug your mum.. not a tree' or a 'feed the man meat' sign..

Neos Kosmos..

20210504_080808.jpg

Wot da.. you know what I don't understand about this world.. why can't we go to a tree hugging vegan convention and that re with a.. 'who gives a sh*t.. it's only one tree' 'hug your mum.. not a tree' or a 'feed the man meat' sign..

Neos Kosmos..

View attachment 1118230
It was probably Jathanas's relatives who were incensed by the barbaric way he'd photographed the lunch.

It was probably Jathanas's relatives who were incensed by the barbaric way he'd photographed the lunch.

I suspect that most people found your 2 prawn risotto more unsettling but at least the images were real.. :p

Horrifyingly disturbing or not the food-pics in this thread have been from posters sharing the meals they worked to create with their online buddies. Cutting and pasting random food pics from the web just cheapens the exercise.

I suspect that most people found your 2 prawn risotto more unsettling but at least the images were real.. :p

Horrifyingly disturbing or not the food-pics in this thread have been from posters sharing the meals they worked to create with their online buddies. Cutting and pasting random food pics from the web just cheapens the exercise.
I made one of my favourite desserts last night.

IMG_20210503_200108.jpg

Step 1: Buy a mango
Step 2: Eat it

Part of me thinks you're trolling the weird cinnaphobes discovered months ago, as I can't imagine the combo with mango. But I'll try it.

I’m one of those cinnaphobes. o_O

I gave @jathanas’ suggested additions a like because they sounded yum. But you could always replace the cinnamon with cardamom, and maybe chuck some chopped pistachios on as well, instead of the walnuts.:)

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I gave @jathanas’ suggested additions a like because they sounded yum. But you could always replace the cinnamon with cardamom, and maybe chuck some chopped pistachios on as well, instead of the walnuts.:)
Are cinnaphobes the same kind who can't stand coriander? Or are they just separate types of freaks?

Are cinnaphobes the same kind who can't stand coriander? Or are they just separate types of freaks?

Whoa there Swipey! Fresh coriander is one of the world’s great ingredients. Please do not lump me in with the anti-coriander nutters. They are seriously weird.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I made one of my favourite desserts last night.

View attachment 1118245

Step 1: Buy a mango
Step 2: Eat it

A lot of my recipes over the course of the last 10-15 yrs have found there way in to cookbooks.. some YouTube try hards I have seen use my recipes as well.. and cause I'm a singer songwriter.. visual artist.. type of thing.. my writing style is such that I like to see it in full view when I'm typing or writing it and that.. first and foremost.. I like to get my ideas down on paper.. post it.. so I can see it in full view.. then make any neccessary amendments and that re.. but is it worth doing 3-4 drafts on here.. dot my i's and cross my t's and that re.. no not really..

Cause I didn't take photos this yr.. thought I'd post food I prepared 11 yrs ago.. but no excuses from me.. I'll be a lil more careful next time..

Sometimes one reaction isn't enough.

:thumbsdown:
:)

Whoa there Swipey! Fresh coriander is one of the world’s great ingredients. Please do not lump me in with the anti-coriander nutters. They are seriously weird.
I think I am going to disappoint - I don't eat coriander much to the displeasure of my Lebanese friends. They have it in almost everything and make my plate separately. They can't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back