Autopsy Rd 7 Blues beat Bombers in Epic Encounter

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

the 15m rule should be changed to 15 steps. people frequently run further than 15m, and its essentially the step count that the umpires are looking at. I'd love to see a comparison of 15m runs that haven't been called too far with 15m marks that have been paid. Two rules, same measurement and no doubt a major discrepancy in actual adjudicated distance.
I think the umpires generally use steps as the eye test... FWIW Cripps began his kicking action on the 15th step

Would love to know what is wrong with Cas he must be injured because he is a shell of what he was the last couple of years. Needs a rest to regroup and get back to his best. Pitto needs to work on his calves and blood well jump!
Cas must be carrying an injury, his leg is heavily strapped, there probably something wrong with Pitto too.
Pittonet was recruited as a stop gap ruckman to play mainly in the Reserves.
He has been thrown to the wolves because of injuries/retirement and the club's failure to recruit another young ruckman. Although they did get back man McDonald who could have helped out, but guess what? another extended injury.
God help us if Jones or Weitering go down with a long term injury.

******* lol at BT calling Luke's tackle as if it was Cunners.

Aside from the completely different frames and the short v long hair, I guess they are the spitting image of one another.

Maybe the fact their numbers both begin with 2 threw him??

:think:

:drunk:
I have no idea why but BT calls several of our players 'Cuningham'. Willo usually gets it.

Cas must be carrying an injury, his leg is heavily strapped, there probably something wrong with Pitto too.
Pittonet was recruited as a stop gap ruckman to play mainly in the Reserves.
He has been thrown to the wolves because of injuries/retirement and the club's failure to recruit another young ruckman. Although they did get back man McDonald who could have helped out, but guess what? another extended injury.
God help us if Jones or Weitering go down with a long term injury.
Pitto goes ok. Reckon he cops a bit but has only played 20-odd games.

TDK will be amazing, FWIW

To be honest, I couldn't give a stuff what the votes were. All I am interested in is how this list evolves and what is needed to ensure we get/stay in the top 8/4
Fair enough, but wouldn't mind if Teague gave the likes of cuners a vote or 2. Some players have confidence from the outset whilst others like cuners need to have it re-enforced.

Plowman started on Tippa I think, was on him for the first goal he kicked anyway.
Only had three of Tippa's goals on the highlites. Goal 1 was on plow goals 2 & 3 on stocker. Pretty much if stringer started up forward plow had him and also if he then moved up forward during the play. I think it's similar to how we (try) and deal with dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpire watches him run 1m+ over the obvious mark and simply calls him back. This isn't a subjective rule, just one of the many that is called or ignored on a whim.

View attachment 1118289
The player was supposed to come all the way back to the goalsquare line, right?
If I recall correctly, the player was still about 1m in front of the line before the umpire called play on...

Fair enough, but wouldn't mind if Teague gave the likes of cuners a vote or 2. Some players have confidence from the outset whilst others like cuners need to have it re-enforced.

Reinforcement comes in many ways. While giving him votes may help, it could also be a placebo.

Best reinforcement comes from consistency in messaging and the responsibility of further challenges

David, we still see you as a player around the pill, so we need to work on areas that will take/keep you in that role.

At times you may have to go back to work on these aspects and when we both see signs of continued growth in these areas, it makes us and more importantly you more effective

This is what we believe will help you gain that consistency.

Umpire watches him run 1m+ over the obvious mark and simply calls him back. This isn't a subjective rule, just one of the many that is called or ignored on a whim.

View attachment 1118289
He is called back to the 9 and doesn't go there. Why does the umpire always have to call players back to the 9 as we know that is where the mark is with a mark/free in the that area? Just pay a few 50s and we will know what to do.

Question - an it had me thinking as soon as it happened...

Should Tippa have been sanctioned for his bump on Cottrell in the second (I think)?

Cottrell went for the spoil on the goal line and Tippa went to the contest, feet left the ground turned his body when Cottrell spoiled and hit Cottrell square. It looked like Tippa was going for his head. It took him a few seconds to get up...

Only noticed this because Brackets got fined but nothing for Essendon...

Should Tippa have been sanctioned for his bump on Cottrell in the second (I think)?

Cottrell went for the spoil on the goal line and Tippa went to the contest, feet left the ground turned his body when Cottrell spoiled and hit Cottrell square. It looked like Tippa was going for his head. It took him a few seconds to get up...

No - Bump in play that wasn't head high - play on

Brackets bumped a player after they had disposed of the ball and should have been a down field free. Then fined for jumper punches

Something in this.

Don't know about this specific incident, but I've noticed Tippa is a little bit of a sniper lately...

No - Bump in play that wasn't head high - play on

Brackets bumped a player after they had disposed of the ball and should have been a down field free. Then fined for jumper punches
Yeah McG was probably lucky with that bump after disposal, TBH.

Sometimes that's all it takes to get a bit of puff to take into next week. Validation of effort when it's due, and praise lavishly.

It can get the absolute best out of people.

Sometimes that's all it takes to get a bit of puff to take into next week. Validation of effort when it's due, and praise lavishly.

It can get the absolute best out of people.
Reckon handled correctly cuners could explode as an on baller. If he gets a good injury run could become a genuine A grade goalkicking midfielder.

Back