#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah Oscar Allen is a jet - but Jacko is a legitimate ruckman. Brings so much energy and follow up work when he gets his time in the ruck. Oscar Allen the better forward and mark at this stage but Jacko probably better at everything else. Tough one. I'd take Oscar Allen if we were in a granny today but Jacko over the career. I think Allen will end up as a Tom Lynch still FF in time anyway.

One thing with Jacko is he is taking his share of marks, but not quite 1 grabbing them yet. He's so smart, a number of times he kinds of guides his spilled mark down to a player at his feet. Always thinking 1 step ahead.

I had doubts over developing a player as "raw" as Jacko with his little exposure of form in the forward line. But he's not raw at all, almost the opposite. He does everything extremely, freakishly well for a player of his size and athleticism. He understands the game really well, too.

He's like a young Kurt Tippett when he was good

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kurt Tippett was incredible to watch early days at Adelaide - before he piled on like 15kgs to play deep forward and became a s**t truck that couldn't jump off the ground (all the contract stuff probably cooked him mentally)

Gotta keep Jacko nice and lean, he's going to fill out nicely regardless (look how much muscle he stacked on in one pre-season).

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Kurt Tippett was incredible to watch early days at Adelaide - before he piled on like 15kgs to play deep forward and became a sh*t truck that couldn't jump off the ground (all the contract stuff probably cooked him mentally)

Gotta keep Jacko nice and lean, he's going to fill out nicely regardless (look how much muscle he stacked on in one pre-season).
55 goals in his second season and averaged nearly 3 marks inside 50 a game. He was a gun.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
picked up his second rising star nom this week and it was well deserved too. i thought he was instrumental in turning our fortunes around in the third qtr.
That left foot, 45 degree pass that hit up Melksham in the 3rd. 🤤

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely gonna win the 2021 NAB AFL Rising Star. Third in betting behind two campaigners you’ve barely heard of - Scholl (Adelaide) and Warner (Sydney). $7.50 seems juicy odds for our Jacko.

HB17

Debutant
Aug 17, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely gonna win the 2021 NAB AFL Rising Star. Third in betting behind two campaigners you’ve barely heard of - Scholl (Adelaide) and Warner (Sydney). $7.50 seems juicy odds for our Jacko.

Jumped on at $15 before the North game. Another big game this weekend and he will be $3

Interesting that he came second in the Larke medal in 2019. One of those awards that on account of being garbage we have strong representation in, with Morton, Watts, Bennell and Trac all winning it. A very odd group of five.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So today I read in some bullshit Tom Morris Fox Footy article that there'd been rumours that Dogga was homesick and missing friends and family- the article then said the club has denied these rumours, it also mentioned that Jackson wanted to move out of the Brayshaw family home into his own house and the club told him he needed to stay where he is.

Now I know this is all bullshit, but had anyone actually heard any of these rumours? because I havent heard anything like it?

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
So today I read in some bullshit Tom Morris Fox Footy article that there'd been rumours that Dogga was homesick and missing friends and family- the article then said the club has denied these rumours, it also mentioned that Jackson wanted to move out of the Brayshaw family home into his own house and the club told him he needed to stay where he is.

Now I know this is all bullshit, but had anyone actually heard any of these rumours? because I havent heard anything like it?
Can the club force a player to reside at a certain place? I'd understand in his first year but seems a bit odd if true. Interesting he was allegedly keen to move out if he lives with Rivers

Might be a COVID thing, and the protocols clubs and players have to follow, and has been taken out of context.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
West Coast will come hard for this bloke. With NicNat approaching father time, Dogga will be their #1 target soon. They're not desperate just yet with Allen kicking on, but i reckon in 2 years we will have to fight hard to keep him. Hopefully not a Grundy type situation ahead of us..

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can the club force a player to reside at a certain place? I'd understand in his first year but seems a bit odd if true. Interesting he was allegedly keen to move out if he lives with Rivers
My thoughts exactly..

Might be a COVID thing, and the protocols clubs and players have to follow, and has been taken out of context.
Don't think covid actually stops you from moving homes nor does the club have protocols in place. Kozzie moved in immediately with Petracca and Spargo when they got back into Melbourne last year.

There's obviously a bit more to it. Could be as simple as the club have been given feedback from the Bradshaw's that he simply isn't mature enough in moving out with friends or by himself.

Was only a few weeks ago Angus's mum was stating that they were initially shocked just how much they had to really start from scratch with Rivers and Jackson with small thing such as learning to make their bed, cook for themselves and cleaning up as well.

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
My thoughts exactly..

Don't think covid actually stops you from moving homes nor does the club have protocols in place. Kozzie moved in immediately with Petracca and Spargo when they got back into Melbourne last year.

There's obviously a bit more to it. Could be as simple as the club have been given feedback from the Bradshaw's that he simply isn't mature enough in moving out with friends or by himself.

Was only a few weeks ago Angus's mum was stating that they were initially shocked just how much they had to really start from scratch with Rivers and Jackson with small thing such as learning to make their bed, cook for themselves and cleaning up as well.
Seems a bit contradictory doesn't it? He's homesick, missing his mates, but has a friend from WA in Rivers he now wants to move out from?

Do WA boys always tend to be the ones that want to go back home? Or is it just me?

Seems to happen far less for SAs and QLDers

Back