Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair though Jackson is a ruck/KPP.

In the best side against the worst side. Whilst Powell played in the worst side against the best side.

There are multiple ways of spinning a narrative.

Powell would be top 1 or 2 in the award thus far & doesn’t have a nomination after 7 rounds. It tells me that the nomination system is flawed.

Last edited:

In the best side against the worst side. Whilst Powell played in the worst side against the best side.

There are multiple ways of spinning a narrative.

Powell would be top 1 or 2 in the award thus far & doesn’t have a nomination after 7 rounds. It tells me that the nomination system is flawed.
It is based on being the best in a given round. So a player is better off being sh1thouse and having one top game.

If he doesn't have a nom by Round 23 they'll get him in.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is based on being the best in a given round. So a player is better off being sh1thouse and having one top game.

If he doesn't have a nom by Round 23 they'll get him in.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember the time a young Todd Goldstein kicked 5 goals in a game but didn't get the nomination because the evil forces in charge of these things were trying to shoehorn Mitch Brown in before the end of the season. It was round 19, 2009 and Todd had 16 disposals, 7 marks, 25 hit-outs and 5 goals. Brown had 22 disposals. For the remainder of his mediocre career, he never did better than that.

Please it’s because he plays for us.It’s utter bullshit.I would be surprised if he is top 5 at the end of the yr. But he will get nominated, eventually in the end. They will begrudgingly do it. Don’t ever forget it the AFL are ————— to us.Excuse my French

Get the feeling he is going to have to do something pretty special to get a nomination because he is so consistent. He may need a 30+ possession game, kicking four in the final quarter to carry the team to it's first victory. And he still may miss out.

Get the feeling he is going to have to do something pretty special to get a nomination because he is so consistent. He may need a 30+ possession game, kicking four in the final quarter to carry the team to it's first victory. And he still may miss out.
Please it’s because he plays for us.It’s utter bullshit.I would be surprised if he is top 5 at the end of the yr. But he will get nominated, eventually in the end. They will begrudgingly do it. Don’t ever forget it the AFL are ————— to us.Excuse my French
Curtis Taylor was nominated in round 5 last year so I am pretty confident Powell will be this year unless he gets injured

I still remember them asking Mark Brayshaw if he thought the AFL would pay us back for not accepting their lucrative offer to leave , he smirked and said yes. If he played for one of the entitled clubs he would have a nomination, be compared to Chris Judd and there would be payouts by betting agencies on him winning it.

Last edited:
He’s currently equal 5th in the betting. Once he gets the nom that’ll shorten, and he’s getting better every week. The thing with the rising star, the winner is voted on by a panel of football people, so it really depends who’s on the panel. Powell has been the most consistent so he’s a massive chance imo

He is outright 3rd favourite on Ladbrokes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said before our players have to do something extraordinary to win an award ala Goldie who had to break the world record for hit outs to get an All Australian.Surprised they didn’t give to Grundy for giving one goal assist during that season lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big :ballotcheck: for returning to play out game after Fritsch's elbow snipe, i feared the worst when he was being assisted from the ground for assessment, gutsy effort for a lightly framed teenager, another string to his bow.

Yeah, this. Kid has a lion heart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back