Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine having a bit of fun and a joke around with your mates after winning a game of footy, can't have that.

And the media trying to turn every harmless incident into some type of racist, sexist, something-ist scandal. One of the three players holding the sign up is a freaking black man FFS!

Imagine having a bit of fun and a joke around with your mates after winning a game of footy, can't have that.

And the media trying to turn every harmless incident into some type of racist, sexist, something-ist scandal. One of the three players holding the sign up is a freaking black man FFS!

We are all on MAFS now.

Fcuk me they are trying to hang on to the hope that he will come good.

D907A691-8434-4F17-8ABF-9820F4C42B62.jpeg
So he had 20 disposals for the game and was “handed the kick-in duties”.

The kick-ins accounted for 12 of his disposals. Bring him in for the Showdown, play him in his new found position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fcuk me they are trying to hang on to the hope that he will come good.

View attachment 1118396
So he had 20 disposals for the game and was “handed the kick-in duties”.

The kick-ins accounted for 12 of his disposals. Bring him in for the Showdown, play him in his new found position.

Did one of those 12 land on Ash Johnson's tit?

Did one of those 12 land on Ash Johnson's tit?
Trying to boost his value for when he leaves at the end of the year.
Pad the s**t out of his stats and hope no-one notices so they can get a late second.

The average Camry Crows' supporter certainly has an unhealthy obsession with our 2007 GF loss.

This may have been posted previously but Tom Richardson taking the mickey out of his fellow customers here.

View attachment 1118259

Writes an article dedicated to another clubs worst game. Then has It’s also a much better talking point than their rather tedious obsession with the so-called ‘prison bar’ jumper, a homage to all the felons who have played for and supported their club over the years (I presume?)

The way I see it, either Port will be unhappy, or Eddie McGuire will – and either of those scenarios is fine with me.

Can we just stop talking about it please?

:drunk:

I dont get this stuff at all.

Reality is that if you step back from all this, and remove bias...

Last year Adelaide were one of the most embarrassingly bad spoon winners this century. Their pass mark for progress for 2021 was 5 wins. 6 wins gets a B+, anything over 6 would be a massive overperformance and turn around.

Currently we are only 7 rounds in and they have already won 3 games (albeit one with a fair bit of umpiring assistance). As much as I hate to say it they should be ecstatic with where they are right now, not just scoring 3 wins, but also being competitive and pushing decent clubs.

To be disappointed now given where they were at 12 months ago would be utterly delusional, yet it seems thats the message from many. Bizarre stuff.

It appeases their sheep by implying that last year results were an aberration; that the non competitive under performances were the result of bad luck and poor umpiring and not their appalling lack of skill and heart

I'm really concerned that McCartin is playing with his concussion history. Especially when people say the behaviour is completely out of character.

Sure he spoke one day of his eyes uncontrollably moving in different directions at some stage.

Lol Bailey Fritsch has his suspension overturned - an elbow to the head. AFL well and truly on the dees bandwagon.

Disgraceful decision that opens up a Pandora's box

This may have been posted previously but Tom Richardson

I don't mind Richardson's stuff. And good on him for trying to make a buck as a senior journo for an online daily journal that proudly boasts that it is at the forefront of independent journalism in SA.

Bravo to that! In a city and state dominated by NewsCorp and eastern media interests, including in the ABC, we need a strong and independent source of news coverage that is prepared to look outside of the press releases from political spin doctors.

What I don't get though is why Richardson wastes his talent in a producing a daily column focussed solely on the Adelaide Crows, a topic that receives more than enough 'fanboi' coverage in every broadcast medium in SA- print media, radio, TV etc.? Heck even the local ABC Radio station 891 Adelaide refers to the Crows as 'our team'.

At least they've started using Michelangelo Rucci as a writer so we get a bit of critical balance and insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back