The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see the lineup before the game got postponed?

Apparently Nat Phillips is fit, Gini got dropped, and in midfield it was Thiago-Fabinho-Milner. Not sure what the front 3 was.

The front 3 was the usual.

i remember dark times when without gerrard we had no one to take corners. When we got one it'd never get past the first defender.

Gerrard's were pretty s**t the vast majority of the time. It just so happened that he was less s**t more often than anyone else. I could never understand him being the one to take the corners when it would be much more dangerous if he were in or on the edge of the box.

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
Not quite sure when they squeeze the game in, aren’t there midweek fixtures every week in lead up to final day?
Our next game is not until this coming Sunday.
ManU don't play their Europa semi till Friday morning.
This postponed game could be played tomorrow morning.
What's the problem with playing it this week? Does it impact on the ManU preparation for their semi?
I see a simple solution. They play their Under 23's and leftover senior players against us.
It's not like there is no precedent for this.🤔

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
What's the problem with playing it this week? Does it impact on the ManU preparation for their semi?
I see a simple solution. They play their Under 23's and leftover senior players against us.

They're travelling away to Rome and playing on Thursday night. Which means they will travel early Wednesday morning. If the fixture was to be played this week it would have had to be Monday night which has come and gone.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC

The simple solution is for Man Utd to forfeit and award us a 3-0 win and 3 points

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
They're travelling away to Rome and playing on Thursday night. Which means they will travel early Wednesday morning. If the fixture was to be played this week it would have had to be Monday night which has come and gone.
No they play the game this week. They play their kids. Nobody was too bothered when we had a clash with our CWC commitments.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
No they play the game this week. They play their kids. Nobody was too bothered when we had a clash with our CWC commitments.

Apparently there is a rule in the PL that any postponement caused by the actions of a club's fans can lead to a forfeit of the fixture.

We don't want to go down that path though and want the match rescheduled.

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Apparently there is a rule in the PL that any postponement caused by the actions of a club's fans can lead to a forfeit of the fixture
We don't want to go down that path though and want the match rescheduled.
Sure. My post was meant to be sarcastic. Pigs will start flying before the PL would sanction Man U with a forfeit or force them to play this week.
Sky wouldn't have a bar of it either. Money rules..

What's the point of these journos saying these, I'm interested in a Toorak mansion but I ain't got no money for that sh*t, but do I tell the world?

The club has to make a decision on Mane and Matip. The longer we keep them the more their value will nosedive. We have a chance to somewhat refresh the squad with younger players and these guys can help fund it.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The club has to make a decision on Mane and Matip. The longer we keep them the more their value will nosedive. We have a chance to somewhat refresh the squad with younger players and these guys can help fund it.

I think the likes of Juve & Bayern would absolutely pay big money for Mane.

Matip needs to be sold while he still has value.

Bobby I feel will stay but in a squad role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back